Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2012, 20:01   #5881
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Some inspiration to people who plan to use/purchase high pressure cleaner & jack stands. Today used my Karcher K2.180 coupled with Torin Jack stands but the attempt remained futile. Let me your views bhpians.

Link.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:19   #5882
BHPian

Vicky.in seem to have stock of ONR.

Optimum - Car Care Products - No Rinse Wash

Guys grab it while it lasts
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 18:55   #5883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Vicky.in seem to have stock of ONR.

Optimum - Car Care Products - No Rinse Wash

Guys grab it while it lasts
I went to buy it. They are charging 600 + 70 for shipping (670). Automall used to retail it for 500 including shipping. Thats almost 33% higher.

I will wait for a while, believing what Optimum CEO mentioned and see which other vendors start stocking it.
Old 4th June 2012, 22:59   #5884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I went to buy it. They are charging 600 + 70 for shipping (670). Automall used to retail it for 500 including shipping. Thats almost 33% higher.

I will wait for a while, believing what Optimum CEO mentioned and see which other vendors start stocking it.
Even I went to purchase from Vicky, but its quite expensive considering Auto-Mall was retailing for 500. Looking to purchase 32 or 128 oz bottle only as it works out quite cheaper than 8 oz bottle. Meanwhile got a Megs Quick Detailer for time being for Rs. 300.

Note : Read this on Ultimate Detailerz, Banglore Facebook page.

Quote:
"We are in the process of setting up things to procure ONR for the benefit of our friends, as you would know things take time in India! Meanwhile if you are looking for an alternative, we have Meguiars Final Inspection- its a superb QD solution. Local pick possible and costs R 650 for 500 ml, can be diluted 1:4 and used. Contact us via EMAIL for your orders"
So hyper-VTEC you could shortly purchase ONR from UD in Banglore. Hope they even ship to Mumbai.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 18:11   #5885
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2012 at 10:44.
Mortis is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th June 2012, 07:52   #5886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Even I went to purchase from Vicky, but its quite expensive considering Auto-Mall was retailing ...
I am currently having a bad experience with Vicky.in and they are not ready to cancel a car care product order that has been delayed even if it is not dispatched. They are selling stuff they dont have in stock! I'd recommend seeing other alternatives...

Last edited by nileshch : 6th June 2012 at 07:54.
Old 6th June 2012, 08:12   #5887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I am currently having a bad experience with Vicky.in and they are not ready to cancel a car care product order that has been delayed even if it is not dispatched. They are selling stuff they dont have in stock! I'd recommend seeing other alternatives...
In addition to the bloated price, this feedback from (IIRC) you and someone else also deterred me from buying from vicky.in. Automall were very courteous and transparent. Although they were out of stock for ONR once, they readily called me to inform and reversed the amount quickly. I hope the new vendors (as mentioned by Optimum Car Car CEO) would be transparent in their dealings.
Old 7th June 2012, 19:18   #5888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Thanks for the heads up Nilesh & sorry to hear about the incident. Owe you big time. I was actually planning ordering a few Meguiars products from Vicky which aren't available here in Mumbai.

Has any one ordered products from Autofresh.in?
Old 7th June 2012, 19:47   #5889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Nilesh & sorry to hear about the incident. Owe you big time. I was actually planning ordering a few Meguiars products from Vicky which aren't available here in Mumbai.

Yea! I have ordered from autofresh and they're quite reliable with fast shipping! I had ordered a car cover and some autofresh degreaser(I won't recommend the Degreaser though )

Last edited by sohail99 : 7th June 2012 at 19:49.
Old 7th June 2012, 22:29   #5890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

I have bought some Meguiars products from them, they are very reliable, shipping is fast and they even call and confirm the delivery of products.
Old 8th June 2012, 13:15   #5891
Senior - BHPian

Update : New ONR Distributor for India.

Just received an e-mail from Optimum CEO David Ghodoussi, stating the following.
Quote:
Eco Car Care is the new Indian distributor for Optimum and has product in transit. They should be in stock and marketing Optimum soon. Thanks for your interest.
Did some Googling and Eco Car Care is based in Banglore. Bhpians from Banglore could throw some light & they might have interacted or used their services.

So Banglore will now have 2 ONR distributor namely.
1. Ultimate Detailerz
2. Eco Car Care.
Why does Banglore gets all the fun?
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 13:25   #5892
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing the good news El lobo 6061, i hope they plan to ship it across India rather than distributing it to local vendors & online stores.

Here's a thread on Eco car care:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Old 8th June 2012, 13:39   #5893
BHPian

I used Sonax Car Wash shampoo to clean my Polo last week & I should say I'm pretty impressed with the result. What I want to know now is, is it fine to clean the car with Sonax once in a week or should I restrict it to say twice a month or once a month & just water wash on a weekly basis?

I'm afraid if weekly usage of a car shampoo will hamper the paint quality by any means.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:18   #5894
BHPian

Quote:
Update : New ONR Distributor for India.
Just received an e-mail from Optimum CEO David Ghodoussi, stating the following.

Did some Googling and Eco Car Care is based in Banglore. Bhpians from Banglore could throw some light & they might have interacted or used their services.

So Banglore will now have 2 ONR distributor namely.
1. Ultimate Detailerz
2. Eco Car Care.
Why does Banglore gets all the fun?
Great news! Thanks EL. I will search for this as soon as I reach home. I am pretty sure both UD and ECO would be happy to ship to Mumbai. If they don't, I will do it
Old 8th June 2012, 17:19   #5895
Senior - BHPian

I had gone to a place where I had to park my car near a Lime factory. Now where I returned, my car was covered with fine Lime powder/dust. To make matters worse, it started drizzling. I reached home late, so could not wash the car. The next day, the cleaner cleaned the car but then it again drizzled.

Now my roof is black in colour and I can see these faint spots on the roof. Also, I can see these faint water spots on the windshield. They dont seem to go with light rubbing.

Is these spots because of the rains or is it because of the lime deposit? How do I remove it?

Most Viewed