Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 09:15   #5806
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

@El Lobo: Sanjay already have an equivalent product in his portfolio - the DuraGloss Rinseless Wash (Duragloss !). Not sure he will stock ONR now, since these two are competing products.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:08   #5807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@El Lobo: Sanjay already have an equivalent product in his portfolio - the DuraGloss Rinseless Wash (Duragloss !). Not sure he will stock ONR now, since these two are competing products.
Yes, DuraGloss is a good alternative to ONR but you cannot make clay bar lubricant as it has Aquawax.

Alternatives except ONR remainsBlackFire product looks promising as it can also be used to make clay bar lubricant. Lets wait and watch.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:24   #5808
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember Ultimate Detailers selling ONR. Why can't we source it from them. ?
Old 17th May 2012, 21:00   #5809
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, Where can I buy WD40 Spray lubricant in Bangalore ?
Pardon me if I'm asking an oft repeated question.
Old 17th May 2012, 21:35   #5810
BHPian

You can get WD40 in any large hardware store, i got mine from MN Hussen on Commercial street, its after the Police station, below the Westside store !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 22:24   #5811
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
You can get WD40 in any large hardware store, i got mine from MN Hussen on Commercial street, its after the Police station, below the Westside store !
Thanks Nirmal, I know the store you are referring to so will go there soon.
I'm intending to use it to remove adhesive from stickers on glass, hope it will work (the WD40 product information on some websites do claim this). Also have a few more streaks of sunfilm glue left on the rear windshield, hope to use WD40 to remove these as well.
Old 17th May 2012, 23:21   #5812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Sohail we seem to have a group now.

The ONR Purchase Group:
Sohail
El Lobo
samsag12
Mortis

Now ?

Carpolish/Automall have closed their shop. So now we need to pursue Sanjay to start stocking more products. Vicky refunding, that's a shocker. Dealing with CC and this refunding sometimes gets a bit messy.

Mothers Showtime Detailer that's comes packaged with Clay Bar kit is a Quick Detailer. You can use on 845 to get that quick shine & shimmer. But yeah you did be exhausting it sooner. That's the reason we need ONR ASAP. Joining the ONR Purchase group?

Fakes are the biggest problem we have ranging in everything, even in ladies cosmetics. Well that's why I have started purchasing Meguiars products from 3M Car Care store. And I have full trust in Sanjay, so any products listed on his BBImpex I swear by them.

I did say, stay with 845 that's the best. Quick detail with Mothers Showtime or ONR in ratio 1:16(ONR:Water).
Xenos is a authorized importer, but if they can fake the wax tin, how much will it take them to fake the Xenos sticker. My Shaldan has a fake which is very very difficult to distinguish from genuine. So buying genuine products is big task as fake can cause more trouble than any benefit.
Please count me as well for ONR purchase group. I am based at Bangalore and not able to source it from UD and Auto mall.
I have started using Amway car shampoo and I am very happy with the results, the only issue is the enormous amount of froth which is left behind after a good wash .
Old 18th May 2012, 10:57   #5813
BHPian

Hi
Please count me too for the ONR Purchase Group.
I am completely depends on the ONR quick detail sessions for my Black vento now.
Old 18th May 2012, 14:23   #5814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Sohail we seem to have a group now.

The ONR Purchase Group:
Sohail
El Lobo
samsag12
Mortis
el lobo, count me in on ONR as well. My current stock will barely last for 2 more washes.

By the way, I inquired with Sanjay (Bringing Best). He hasn't yet got the stock of Duragloss (expected by month end) hence no comment on the pricing.
Old 18th May 2012, 14:44   #5815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yes, DuraGloss is a good alternative to ONR but you cannot make clay bar lubricant as it has Aquawax.

@el lobo: Have you tried using diluted solution of shampoo and water as a clay lubricant? I have tried it and never felt the need to spend money on a lubricant, actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, Where can I buy WD40 Spray lubricant in Bangalore ?
Most super markets (like SPAR) in Pune seem to have this. I think you can check this option in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
el lobo, count me in on ONR as well. My current stock will barely last for 2 more washes.
Good initiative by el lobo and sohail.
I have never needed ONR, but I would be interested in trying out v3.0.
How much would it cost with the group deal?
Old 18th May 2012, 17:42   #5816
Senior - BHPian

AG.net is running free local shipping currently!!!

Shop&Ship is refusing to carry liquids + $ rates are reaching the mesosphere!!!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 18th May 2012 at 17:43.
Old 18th May 2012, 21:13   #5817
Senior - BHPian

Well here is the updated list for

The ONR Purchase Group:
sohail99 - Delhi
El Lobo 6061 - Mumbai
Mortis - Mumbai
arup.misra - Mumbai
icecoolsam - Banglore
phani - Banglore
samsag12 - Lucknow
S_U_N - Pune

Added city & T-Bhp id as it is easy to track. Wow 3 people from Mumbai. Nice going. As Auto-Mall is not there anymore, I shall mail to OPT later in the evening as what should we do to import ONR and are they going to appoint another dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Nirmal, can you throw some light as to why no stock of ONR at UD & why has Automall closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolsam View Post
Please count me as well for ONR purchase group. I am based at Bangalore and not able to source it from UD and Auto mall.
I have started using Amway car shampoo and I am very happy with the results, the only issue is the enormous amount of froth which is left behind after a good wash .
Added to the list. Definitely agree with you, as washing with Amway is very good and you do get slick surface & nice shine but too much of froth and hassle. Quick detail with ONR is so damn easy, spoiled by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
I am completely depends on the ONR quick detail sessions for my Black vento now.
Feeling is mutual. As I too own a Pearl Black Vento and quick detailing it with ONR keeps it gleaming to everyone's envy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
By the way, I inquired with Sanjay (Bringing Best). He hasn't yet got the stock of Duragloss (expected by month end) hence no comment on the pricing.
Done, thanks for the update on Duragloss as I was going to shoot mail to Sanjay inquiring about the same. And increasing $ would make pricing very dicey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have never needed ONR, but I would be interested in trying out v3.0.
How much would it cost with the group deal?
Use ONR once and there's no turning back. It spoils you with how easy it is to maintain cars and keep them gleaming. Looking forward to meet you at Mumbai-Pune Mega meet and every other bhpian from Mumbai & Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
AG.net is running free local shipping currently!!!

Shop&Ship is refusing to carry liquids + $ rates are reaching the mesosphere!!!!
How about Amazon? They would surely do shipping, will they? If ONR 128 OZ pricing comes at around Rs. 3.5K, still fine. Your views?

ONR Amazon Link.

Note: Mods this post is entirely for the better benefit of Bhpians and I'm no way associated with any Organization. No vested interest whatsoever.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 22:02   #5818
Senior - BHPian

Amazon page is showing ONR v2!! (matte bottle)

ONR v3 (2012 formula) is recognizable by a glossy, clear bottle!

Here's the new one - http://www.autogeek.net/opnoriwash12.html

Last edited by sohail99 : 18th May 2012 at 22:22.
Old 19th May 2012, 00:55   #5819
BHPian

Count me in for the ONR as well. I can make use of a quick detailer for sure.

@NPV- try the Zorrik88 rather than WD40. It is easier to source. I have succssfully used it to remove stickers and it does not leave streaks or dried paint.
Old 19th May 2012, 12:57   #5820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
I have already mentioned the price of the Polisher on first post itself. Anyways i'll mention once again, the price is Rs 2699. I myself didn't know that the results were going to be this good so I didn't bother to take any snaps before polising. There is some amount of swirl marks still present if you look very closely under the sun, but i'm happy to say that almost 90 % of the swirls are gone. Perhaps another coat should take care of that.
Thanks for the info. Today I went to Kanakapura Metro and bought this unit. I will try in a weeks time and post some pics. The size 10" seems to be little large, Not sure how it will help when working in small area like above the logo. Also the RPM seems to 3200 fixed. I hope the high RPM should be fine. The plastic looks real solid.

I have checked Indian brands with variable speeds from Ideal/Rock. But these items looks and feel bulky in hand and not random orbit ones.

Also COIDO has one in similar range and price in ebay. Obviously B & D will be better than COIDO so bought this today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks