Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 21:50   #5956
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Friends,

Slightly but could be very inspiring and encouraging, especially for DIY enthusiasts:

Pure elbow grease, 2000 grit sand paper, and some off the shelf stuff doing wonders on a 4 inch scratch.

I am going to try this tomorrow with my desi waxpol and motomax stuff

(Mods, I could not locate an active "scratch buster" thread, hence the temptation to post it here!)

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 13th July 2012 at 21:53.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 21:57   #5957
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Update on Duragloss (alternative to ONR)

Received an email from Sanjay (bringbest). Duragloss is quoted at Rs 1,459 inclusive of shipping charges. Found that a tad higher. Haven't heard anything about ONR yet. Has anybody tried Meguiar's NXT Car Wash? Any feedback on the same.
Personally haven't tried Megiuars NXT car wash however have heard extremely good reviews. The best car wash I have tried is Sonax. Their products are really excellent. Their car wash leaves the vehicle sparkling. Would rate it higher than Amway, Motomax and Mothers, which I have personally tried.

For my regular washing, I use mothers wash and wax. I'm find it pretty decent to use between detailing sessions when all I have time for is a simple car wash. Of course, it doesn't leave the car as clean as when I use sonax, however the marginal protection of a wash and wax is good. It works wonders during monsoons and the water just beads beautifully on the paint.
Old 14th July 2012, 15:40   #5958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

I am going to try this tomorrow with my desi waxpol and motomax stuff

(Mods, I could not locate an active "scratch buster" thread, hence the temptation to post it here!)
Be careful with motomax rubbing compound, especially the yellow box one. Its quite strong. Using it withe hand will lead to an inconsistent finish. My carpenter used this for smoothening the PU finish and it took many repeat jobs to get the perfect finish by which, I think most of the PU coating would have been stripped.
Old 14th July 2012, 19:45   #5959
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking to buy MF's, claybars, and a lot of Meguiars products for detailing my car. Is it cheaper to order from Amazon.com or better sourced from 3M+BB Impex ?

Also can Meguiars has an office in UB city. Do they sell to consumers directly or is it a retailers only unit ?
Old 15th July 2012, 00:05   #5960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'm looking to buy MF's, claybars, and a lot of Meguiars products for detailing my car. Is it cheaper to order from Amazon.com or better sourced from 3M+BB Impex ?

Also can Meguiars has an office in UB city. Do they sell to consumers directly or is it a retailers only unit ?
Hi shashank,
if you are looking for meguiars products ,you can try JUNCTION in jayanagar 4th block ,he stores almost all products seen in meguiars india site.the good part is he gives discount on mrp .which is unlikely in 3m car centre were they dont reduce a single rupee.he has meguiars microfiber but doesnt have clay kit .so visit him contact person is Mr Dinesh
Old 15th July 2012, 08:09   #5961
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
if you are looking for meguiars products ,you can try JUNCTION in jayanagar 4th block
The Megs shop in UB city basement sells products directly also. If you stay close to Koramangala, you can pick up most products from Drift (close to Maharaja restaurant on 80 feet road).
Old 15th July 2012, 11:16   #5962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678

Hi shashank,
if you are looking for meguiars products ,you can try JUNCTION in jayanagar 4th block ,he stores almost all products seen in meguiars india site.the good part is he gives discount on mrp .which is unlikely in 3m car centre were they dont reduce a single rupee.he has meguiars microfiber but doesnt have clay kit .so visit him contact person is Mr Dinesh
Where is this in 4th block? Any landmarks?
Old 15th July 2012, 14:45   #5963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Where is this in 4th block? Any landmarks?
its just opp RV college of physiotherapy.nearest landmark BMTC bus terminal near jayanagar complex.anyway the contact no of Mr Dinesh is 9945552146.contact him he will guide you.
chetan5678 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 18:24   #5964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Hi shashank,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
The Megs shop in UB city basement sells products directly also.
I stay in Vijayanagar and UB city seems the best bet, but if Junction in Jayanagar gives a good discount i don't mind driving down and picking up most of the stuff from there. I'll get clay and other Megs products if unavailable, from UB city may be.

Have you bought anything from amazon.com and shipped it to India? I compared the price and amazon is cheaper by 1k, so its better buying it locally i feel.
Old 16th July 2012, 09:02   #5965
BHPian

Quote:
I stay in Vijayanagar and UB city seems the best bet, but if Junction in Jayanagar gives a good discount i don't mind driving down and picking up most of the stuff from there. I'll get clay and other Megs products if unavailable, from UB city may be.

Have you bought anything from amazon.com and shipped it to India? I compared the price and amazon is cheaper by 1k, so its better buying it locally i feel.
Hi shashank,

You can also try in Throttle, Jayanagar 7th block near the bajaj pulsar dealership, close to Yediyur lake. He is a authorized Meguiars stockist,

Meguiars India

Trottle
#119/ANew No5427th cross7th block,Jaynagar,Bangalore

P.S. You may also want to try Collinite 845 if you can source one.

-Sajan
Old 16th July 2012, 11:55   #5966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi shashank,

You can also try in Throttle, Jayanagar 7th block near the bajaj pulsar dealership, close to Yediyur lake. He is a authorized Meguiars stockist,

Meguiars India

Trottle
#119/ANew No5427th cross7th block,Jaynagar,Bangalore

P.S. You may also want to try Collinite 845 if you can source one.

-Sajan
Hi sajan

Thanks for the info!

I will order Collinite 915 from Sanjay once stocks arrive, from my research its better suited for dark colors than the 845. Please correct me if wrong.

This is what i have in mind:

Wash-Amway car wash
Clay-Will have to manage with mother's clay bar till Megs is available
Wax: Megs NXT 2.0 followed by Collinite 915

Will have to source a polish and a sealant later. Does this look ok or should i change anything ?
Old 16th July 2012, 12:48   #5967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

hey, even i stay in vijayanagar, RPC lyt to be precise.Where you stay in vijayanagar? Probabl we can meet up sometime
Old 16th July 2012, 14:02   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
Hi sajan

Thanks for the info!

This is what i have in mind:

Wash-Amway car wash
Clay-Will have to manage with mother's clay bar till Megs is available
Wax: Megs NXT 2.0 followed by Collinite 915

Will have to source a polish and a sealant later. Does this look ok or should i change anything ?
Hi Shashank,

I have not tried the 915, found the 845 to the needed job and happy to use it. I use the Megs Ultimate and collinite 845.

Wash: Armorall wash and wax
Polish: Megs Ultimate wax and top it with collinte 845.

I am happy with the end results so far, never used clay as well.

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 14:32   #5969
BHPian

I just used Duragloss Rinseless Wash this morning for the first time and I need to admit that I am impressed. I have been using ONR for a while but since ONR hasn't been available, decided to try a similar product.
The car was heavily soiled and mud was stuck all over due to rains. There were watermarks as well. I just dusted with Jopasu and gave a good Duragloss wipe and finally wiped off with a micro fiber.
It is as good as ONR if not better. No streaks, no water marks and the car was clean in 15 minutes.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 16th July 2012 at 14:43.
Old 16th July 2012, 14:54   #5970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi Shashank,

Polish: Megs Ultimate wax and top it with collinte 845.

I am happy with the end results so far, never used clay as well.

-Sajan
Any difference between the Ultimate wax and NXT 2.0 ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks