Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 17:47   #5941
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I am unable to bring the smooth finish on my car even after repeated washes with Wurth car wash shampoo solution followed by Wurth paint polish. I cleaned the front fender of my car alone to test for smoothness and failed miserably!
When I run my finger over the paint surface, it gives the impression of small small particles stuck onto it I don't want to go do a detailing, as I am totally bankrupt to afford it. Is there a home remedy for this ?
Old 6th July 2012, 18:09   #5942
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2012 at 17:42.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2012, 20:22   #5943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Good work there. Somehow it looked that the LHS was better in output.
BTW: How would you get precisely 1:252 ratio of ONR:water?
Thanks for appreciation. Yes, LHS side could be better since the Waterless wash sample also contains carnauba waxes. If it had been a Foreign company I would have definitely recommended it. The product doesn't feel that smooth. Since I had used ONR in a very high dilution 1:252 it gave very good result, if it had been 1:16(ONR:Water) it would have beaten it hands down.

For the 1:252(ONR:Water) ratio, I took a spray bottle with 250 ml water and added 10 drops of ONR into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Edit: I checked out the site of the manufacturer. It seems currently this one is to be sourced from Delhi only.
500 ml liquid + 2 MFs = Rs. 500.
I just checked OPT website it still list Auto-Mall as the sole distributor. Who is the new distributor in Delhi? Will place an order for ONR ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I am unable to bring the smooth finish on my car even after repeated washes with Wurth car wash shampoo solution followed by Wurth paint polish. I cleaned the front fender of my car alone to test for smoothness and failed miserably!
When I run my finger over the paint surface, it gives the impression of small small particles stuck onto it I don't want to go do a detailing, as I am totally bankrupt to afford it. Is there a home remedy for this ?
You would require to clay the surface first. You could get Meguairs or Mothers clay bar for Rs. 500 from BBImpex Delhi and use a Quick Detailer like Meguiars Quick Detailer costs Rs. 300 from 3M Car Care.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 14:27   #5944
BHPian

ONR and a similar product by Duragloss are available with BB Impex. He just received the stock from the US and my order has been delivered to my office today

bringing best dot com
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 23:16   #5945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
An online "tools" store

http://www.machpower.in/
Thanks, bookmarked.

But look at the picture at the bottom of the page: that is no way to hold a drill, the woman is about to take a piece out her finger when she touches the spinning chuck with it. Why can't these people think?

Power tools: Think about the dangers, think about the risks, find out the correct way to hold and use them. The most dangerous ones are often the ones that don't look dangerous, because they don't make people take care.

Offtopic, but I hope it saves somebody a finger.

And I got a nasty friction burn from a kitchen mixie, trying to find out which part was slipping. Afterwards, it was obvious that what I did was stupid. Thank god I wasn't stupid enough to try holding the sharp bit!
Old 10th July 2012, 14:37   #5946
BHPian

Quote:
I
When I run my finger over the paint surface, it gives the impression of small small particles stuck onto it
Have you re-painted that particular piece or has your car visited a bodyshop for some other reason. It could be that a re-painted surfaced is not polished-off or worst it could be an off-spray of some other part being re-painted.
You can try using a 3M polishing compound or a clay bar if your car is new (factory paint)
Old 10th July 2012, 14:43   #5947
BHPian

Quote:

During my recent trips to Himachal, there was this one place where road work was going on. There was a traffic jam and I was stuck at 1 place and road worker was spraying coal tar just next to me. Result, small black spots all over the car. Solution, Diesel. I tool the car to the polishing guy. He took a sponge and poured diesel and cleaned the whole car with it. Result: Awesome. The spot were gone as well as the car shined more. Nor sure whether it will work in your case. Just wanted to share.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:09   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra

During my recent trips to Himachal, there was this one place where road work was going on. There was a traffic jam and I was stuck at 1 place and road worker was spraying coal tar just next to me. Result, small black spots all over the car. Solution, Diesel. I tool the car to the polishing guy. He took a sponge and poured diesel and cleaned the whole car with it. Result: Awesome. The spot were gone as well as the car shined more. Nor sure whether it will work in your case. Just wanted to share.
That's a short cut used by most garages. Diesel will harm the paint, especially clear coat. Claying, though relatively cumbersome, is the way to go.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 19:55   #5949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
ONR and a similar product by Duragloss are available with BB Impex. He just received the stock from the US and my order has been delivered to my office today

bringing best dot com
I see the Duragloss product but no sign of ONR. Did you send him an email or something ?
Old 10th July 2012, 20:09   #5950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Have you re-painted that particular piece or has your car visited a bodyshop for some other reason.
You can try using a 3M polishing compound or a clay bar if your car is new (factory paint)
It is factory paint and since no proper wash/waxing/polishing had been done, it has become rough. I have purchased Wurth paint polish, but havent used it as there are no clear instructions on the bottle and it says 'Abrassive' hence feeling apprehensive to use it. Do you know how to use it?
Product Description: It is like 'Gelucil' antacid - pink in colour, thick like a shampoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
....Result, small black spots all over the car. Solution, Diesel. I tool the car to the polishing guy... Not sure whether it will work in your case. Just wanted to share.
I don't see the black spots on the paint surface, would it be too small and minute to notice by the naked eye? Also, some suggested Kerosene, but am too scared to use such products (not meant for this purpose) on my car, but thanks a lot for honestly sharing your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
That's a short cut used by most garages. Diesel will harm the paint, especially clear coat. Claying, though relatively cumbersome, is the way to go.
Thanks for stopping me from going the Diesel way even before I contemplated it. I am looking to clay my car completely, but the issue is, I am unable to lay my hands on Meguiars clay kit anywhere in Chennai/Coimbatore.

Even 3M centres don't seem to stock Meguiars Clay Kit! Can anybody help me by pointing me to a place in Chennai or Coimbatore, where I can get it. Or please suggest the better alternative to Meguiars.
Old 10th July 2012, 20:32   #5951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand
It is factory paint and since no proper wash/waxing/polishing had been done, it has become rough. I have purchased Wurth paint polish, but havent used it as there are no clear instructions on the bottle and it says 'Abrassive' hence feeling apprehensive to use it. Do you know how to use it?
Product Description: It is like 'Gelucil' antacid - pink in colour, thick like a shampoo.

Thanks for stopping me from going the Diesel way even before I contemplated it. I am looking to clay my car completely, but the issue is, I am unable to lay my hands on Meguiars clay kit anywhere in Chennai/Coimbatore.
Polish is for paint correction and removes a thin later of paint. It doesn't give optimal results by hand and you need expertise to handle the polishers when situations calls for its usage.

For your problem claying should do the job without harming the paint. Check with Sanjay on www.bringingbest.com. He's a very good seller and most, including me have had pleasant buying experience with him. He ships across the country.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 21:44   #5952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I see the Duragloss product but no sign of ONR. Did you send him an email or something ?
Yes, send him a mail and he will revert with the availability and price of ONR.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:37   #5953
BHPian

Update on Duragloss (alternative to ONR)

Received an email from Sanjay (bringbest). Duragloss is quoted at Rs 1,459 inclusive of shipping charges. Found that a tad higher. Haven't heard anything about ONR yet. Has anybody tried Meguiar's NXT Car Wash? Any feedback on the same.
Old 11th July 2012, 15:40   #5954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
I have the 10m hose. The quality of the hose is not good. The plastic shower quality is ok and will outlast the hose definitely.

But the unit can be used for atleast 10-20 times post which you will have to change the hose/look for a better hose.
Agree with Saravanan here. I too have the 10 m. The hose has been fine but the nozzle attachments are not pressure proof. In my case the tap attachment and the attachment at nozzle leaks when the gun is switched off.
Old 12th July 2012, 10:13   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Update on Duragloss (alternative to ONR)

Received an email from Sanjay (bringbest). Duragloss is quoted at Rs 1,459 inclusive of shipping charges. Found that a tad higher. Haven't heard anything about ONR yet. Has anybody tried Meguiar's NXT Car Wash? Any feedback on the same.
He quoted 859 for 8oz of ONR. He explained that cost of importing a liquid and dollar exchange rates are the reason for this steep increase. I found this more expensive frankly. The last time I purchased ONR 32 oz for Rs. 1400 about an year ago. I still have a quarter bottle left, I guess i will wait for somemore time, rather than buy ONR now. Also I checked in ebay.in for ONR 32 oz and the price was Rs 2714. So ebay.in happens to be lot cheaper than bringingbest for 32 oz. There was also a mention about ONR being sold in bengaluru (ultimate detailers and some new distributor for ONR). Did u check with them on the prices?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks