Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2012, 23:17   #5791
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
NXT tech wax is known for its swirl filling properties! I won't be surprised if swirls appear after nxt wears off!

Btw great looking paint there!

Sponge means grout or sea sponge that have big holes and recesses to trap dust and encapsulated dirt while being soft and paint safe! Don't use the plain sponge! That's as bad as washing car with an applicator pad!

Lambwool and microfiber wash mitts are absolutely paint safe if used in conjunction with proper wash technique!

As for car shampoos, buy one with max cleaning power for when you have to wash stubborn dirt off! Never get those wash and wax products!(you're free to try them, but those never clean satisfactorily and the gloss and protection is minimal! You're better off with a dedicated shampoo and wax)

You'll have to scour your area for options!

And for maintenance and quick rinseless washes, get ONR(optimum no rinse) after using it, you'd never want to use the hose and shampoo wash!
Can you please enlighten me from where to purchase the ONR solution, my current bottle is nearly empty & am looking for a seller for the same as Automall guys shut their shop.
Old 13th May 2012, 23:19   #5792
SAS
BHPian

@el lobo 6061 count me in the next time you have your detailing session. Maybe I too shall get my car along, else I'll just come along on my bike. PM me once you have something concrete..
Old 13th May 2012, 23:21   #5793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Can you please enlighten me from where to purchase the ONR solution, my current bottle is nearly empty & am looking for a seller for the same as Automall guys shut their shop.
Seems like importing is the only option! Shipping will be expensive!!

Hope we can have a group buy here(As ONR v3.0 is out)!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2012, 23:39   #5794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Even my 8 ounce bottle is gonna run out in a few days and looking to get one soon. Auto-Mall being the only distributor of ONR, seems to have shut shop and we have no other source in India to procure it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
@el lobo 6061 count me in the next time you have your detailing session. Maybe I too shall get my car along, else I'll just come along on my bike. PM me once you have something concrete..
Will keep you informed & its definitely on the cards and no missing this time.

Quote:

Count me in. I myself looking for a 128 OZ bottle. Let us know of the shipping cost and would definitely join in the group.
Old 14th May 2012, 08:43   #5795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Even my 8 ounce bottle is gonna run out in a few days and looking to get one soon. Auto-Mall being the only distributor of ONR, seems to have shut shop and we have no other source in India to procure it.

Will keep you informed & its definitely on the cards and no missing this time.

Count me in. I myself looking for a 128 OZ bottle. Let us know of the shipping cost and would definitely join in the group.
^^ Count me in too, i am game for small 8 or 32 Oz bottle, would be glad if someone can share the price of the same.
I hope this option is seriously considered by fellow BHPians.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:23   #5796
BHPian

Rohit,

Well, what is the price of this polisher ?

It would have been nice if you had posted the pictures before & after the polishing. We could've understand how the swirls can be removed.

Anyway, thanks for sharing it here.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 14th May 2012 at 09:24.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:38   #5797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Rohit,

Well, what is the price of this polisher ?

It would have been nice if you had posted the pictures before & after the polishing. We could've understand how the swirls can be removed.

Anyway, thanks for sharing it here.
I have already mentioned the price of the Polisher on first post itself. Anyways i'll mention once again, the price is Rs 2699. I myself didn't know that the results were going to be this good so I didn't bother to take any snaps before polising. There is some amount of swirl marks still present if you look very closely under the sun, but i'm happy to say that almost 90 % of the swirls are gone. Perhaps another coat should take care of that.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:14   #5798
BHPian

I have already mentioned the price of the Polisher on first post itself. Anyways i'll mention once again, the price is Rs 2699. I myself didn't know that the results were going to be this good )[/quote]
I'm trying to find this product in Mumbai but unable to find it. also online this product is not available. anyone who knows from where or how we can get it in Mumbai.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:20   #5799
BHPian

Re: the basement leaking stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenomenon View Post
i have this white powdery stain as a result of water dripping from the basement roof. it normally used to form on the windshield glass from where i could easily remove it using a bit of lime juice. this time the drip fell on the paint on A Pillar. how do i remove this? any ideas? i have a feeling the lemon juice would mess the paint.
Same thing has happened to me also. Please let me know how you resolved this.

Thanks,
Venkat
Old 14th May 2012, 14:37   #5800
BHPian

Re: the basement leaking stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

Thanks,
Venkat
I too had this problem of watermarks on the fender. I tried rubbing it off with a soft cloth moistened with Kerosene oil. The marks have lightened, but I feel the pain has become very dry. I applied wax and buffed it off to give a smoother feeling. The marks have gone lightened considerably and gone some 20% still remain. (the hard and the stubborn ones) whom I did not rub more.

If anyone has got a better solution, please do post here. I plan to get rid of it completely.
Old 16th May 2012, 00:07   #5801
Senior - BHPian

Count me in for a couple of bottles of the new ONR as well !! I think shipping should work out reasonable for a group order
Old 16th May 2012, 01:51   #5802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

Thanks,
Venkat
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I too had this problem of watermarks on the fender. I tried rubbing it off with a soft cloth moistened with Kerosene oil. The marks have lightened, but I feel the pain has become very dry. I applied wax and buffed it off to give a smoother feeling. The marks have gone lightened considerably and gone some 20% still remain. (the hard and the stubborn ones) whom I did not rub more.

If anyone has got a better solution, please do post here. I plan to get rid of it completely.
First, try to avoid this happening. In case you know where exactly this will drop, you can cover that area with masking tape or a layer of cling film. Both these wont leave residue behind and you can take it off before driving away.

On how to remove, Use Zorrik88, it does not harm the paint. Wet a tissue with it and leave it on the stain for a few seconds then remove it, it should take it off. Other than that a mild solution of vinegar can also do the trick. Keep the spot waxed r3egularly (would strongly recommend Collinite).
Old 16th May 2012, 07:13   #5803
BHPian

Quote:

Do you know where one can get Optimum Opti Clean from? I found it on car.studio (EBay India) but they refunded my money yesterday after being unable to source it in time.

What has happened to Carpolish.in? Have they closed down?

Ordered Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner from vicky.in/shopping, and they too are unable to send it, and claim to have refunded my money.
Old 16th May 2012, 08:41   #5804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Thanks for the link. After Auto-Mall website Carpolish doesn't list any products seems to have been closed, just my opinion. Only authenticity of Auto-Fresh website needs to be known to purchase few products which have very good pricing.
The Mothers California Gold Clay Bar system comes with two clay bars, a microfiber cloth and one bottle of Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer. The instructions ask you to spray the detailer on the body, and clay on top of it. So the detailer in this step is used as a sort of lubricant, to avoid the clay bar from causing abrasions in the paint surface while at the same time stick to any surface deposits.

But isn't this instant detailer also a quick detailer of the kind you suggest should be used after Collinite 845?

By the way, I ordered (and have used twice) Turtle Wax hard shell paste wax on advice I got on this thread that using it after Collinite 845 would improve the luster of the surface. But according to Sanjay (Bringing Best) 99% of the Formula 1 and Turtle Wax products in India are fake. The one I got has a Xenos sticker on it, and was sourced by someone on EBay India.

I guess I will just stick to Collinite 845 followed by Quick Detailer from now on, but how does one verify the authenticity of these waxes? I know there's a big fake wax and polish thread on TBHP.

What's a reasonably priced paste wax and where should it be bought from? Isn't Xenos the only authorized importer of Turtle Wax products in India?
Old 16th May 2012, 23:35   #5805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sohail we seem to have a group now.

The ONR Purchase Group:
Sohail
El Lobo
samsag12
Mortis

Now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
What has happened to Carpolish.in? Have they closed down?

Ordered Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner from vicky.in/shopping, and they too are unable to send it, and claim to have refunded my money.
Carpolish/Automall have closed their shop. So now we need to pursue Sanjay to start stocking more products. Vicky refunding, that's a shocker. Dealing with CC and this refunding sometimes gets a bit messy.

Quote:
But isn't this instant detailer also a quick detailer of the kind you suggest should be used after Collinite 845?
Mothers Showtime Detailer that's comes packaged with Clay Bar kit is a Quick Detailer. You can use on 845 to get that quick shine & shimmer. But yeah you did be exhausting it sooner. That's the reason we need ONR ASAP. Joining the ONR Purchase group?

Quote:
By the way, I ordered (and have used twice) Turtle Wax hard shell paste wax on advice I got on this thread that using it after Collinite 845 would improve the luster of the surface. But according to Sanjay (Bringing Best) 99% of the Formula 1 and Turtle Wax products in India are fake. The one I got has a Xenos sticker on it, and was sourced by someone on EBay India.
Fakes are the biggest problem we have ranging in everything, even in ladies cosmetics. Well that's why I have started purchasing Meguiars products from 3M Car Care store. And I have full trust in Sanjay, so any products listed on his BBImpex I swear by them.

Quote:
I guess I will just stick to Collinite 845 followed by Quick Detailer from now on, but how does one verify the authenticity of these waxes? I know there's a big fake wax and polish thread on TBHP.

What's a reasonably priced paste wax and where should it be bought from? Isn't Xenos the only authorized importer of Turtle Wax products in India?
I did say, stay with 845 that's the best. Quick detail with Mothers Showtime or ONR in ratio 1:16(ONR:Water).
Xenos is a authorized importer, but if they can fake the wax tin, how much will it take them to fake the Xenos sticker. My Shaldan has a fake which is very very difficult to distinguish from genuine. So buying genuine products is big task as fake can cause more trouble than any benefit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks