Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 02:06   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: how to clean Car Sponge effectively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
Folks ,
I know that cleaning cars with sponge has alot of negatives but i am totally using this
for cleaning wheels and the underneath running boards seperately and make sure my hand dont go any where else on the car.

Offlate i have used it and find it good but the Question is it how to clean the sponge most effectively after its done ??
not to mention it attracts Max DIRT & Road Girm and visibily seen them
sitting on top of it when my hand came outta rinsing bucket!

what i have done is gave it a thorough rinsing by hand, held it near the faucet & squeezed the hell outta it & set it to dry, it looked clean but i am not sure if theres any other method/procedure to ensure the cleaning is topnotch with no contaminents trapped inside??

tried researching elsewhere but mostly people get these sponges for kitchen cleaning in a microwave for 30 secs, some do use bleach + warm water + microwave it, etc etc but in my understanding these are divided opinions & are related to sponges for kitchen cleaning only - not car washing !

hope to see some ingenious feedbacks here
Just a sheepskin Mitt or Lambwool mitt and use the 2 bucket washing technique. Don't every worry about the dirt marring into your paint ever again.

Sponge , stop using them buddy. They are the worst. Use it only to clean your alloy wheels.
Old 31st October 2011, 02:09   #5042
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Guy's try out the Meguiars NXT tech wax, It' supposed to be one of the best wax's around the world.
Old 31st October 2011, 09:02   #5043
BHPian

Based on my experience, Megs NXT TEch Wax is an overhyped product. Marketing hype at its best.

Greasy & cumbersome to clean up & streaks if youre not careful too. Simply clogs up foam pads if applying by machine & painful to clean off too. Durablity is average at best.

The new Ultimate Wax is easier to apply & remove, though there are competent products that give it a proper challenge.

There are much much better performing & value for money products out there from Optimum, Mothers, Collinite, Blackfire etc.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:09   #5044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Based on my experience, Megs NXT TEch Wax is an overhyped product. Marketing hype at its best.

Greasy & cumbersome to clean up & streaks if youre not careful too. Simply clogs up foam pads if applying by machine & painful to clean off too. Durablity is average at best.

The new Ultimate Wax is easier to apply & remove, though there are competent products that give it a proper challenge.

There are much much better performing & value for money products out there from Optimum, Mothers, Collinite, Blackfire etc.

NXT is overhyped, The shine and water beading never lasted more than 7 days!

Mother FX wax turned out to be absolute garbage. It is only as good as Formula 1 stuff.
1 heavy downpour and the water beading/wax effect was gone.

A single coat of collinite will last 30-40 days under the same conditions.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:43   #5045
Senior - BHPian

This is a microfiber wash mitt that I use X-STATIC MICROFIBER : WASHING MITT | eBay

Its cheap and does the job pretty well, holds good amount of car wash solution and has been serving my car for about a year now.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:52   #5046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

,water beading lasts max 2 weeks if two coats are applied.The major attention grabbing feature of this wax is it leaves the surface smooth and slick.That satisfies most of the folks .

BTW,can you tell some waxes that are better and available in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
NXT is overhyped, The shine and water beading never lasted more than 7 days!

Mother FX wax turned out to be absolute garbage. It is only as good as Formula 1 stuff.
1 heavy downpour and the water beading/wax effect was gone.

A single coat of collinite will last 30-40 days under the same conditions.

I was planning to buy mothers FX synwax. Is it not worth?

Yes,Collinite is the best wax as far as durability is concerned.I had applied a single coat 3 weeks ago and it still beads water even after the heavy downpour bangalore is getting these days. Jai Ho Collinite

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 31st October 2011 at 10:53.
Old 31st October 2011, 11:58   #5047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
s .

BTW,can you tell some waxes that are better and available in here?

I was planning to buy mothers FX synwax. Is it not worth?

Yes,Collinite is the best wax as far as durability is concerned.I had applied a single coat 3 weeks ago and it still beads water even after the heavy downpour Bangalore is getting these days. Jai Ho Collinite
Among the waxes that we can buy here nothing beats collinite. Both shine and durability collinite is one of the better waxes that you get.

Mother FX Synwax is a joke! and when you pay 500Rs for this the joke is not so funny

In short the shine was bad, Durability was nonexistent. Only plus point of this is the ease of use.
But be warned it can leave streaks on dark colored cars.

For me the 915 is the best collinite wax you can use.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:10   #5048
BHPian

Got a messy bird dropping on my Harbanaro Red ANHC bonnet. It had gone dry and has left a mark. How do i remove it, guys? Tried just wiping it with wet cloth, but its immune to all that.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:42   #5049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Got a messy bird dropping on my Harbanaro Red ANHC bonnet. It had gone dry and has left a mark. How do i remove it, guys? Tried just wiping it with wet cloth, but its immune to all that.
If you have a quick detalier then spray the detailer, leave it for a minute and then pick it up after a minute using a microfiber cloth. Do not wipe but pick it up instead.

I don't have a quick detailer so what I do is that I pour water over it, let it remain wet for about a minute and then pick up the dropping with a microfiber. It has worked everytime but obviously there could be marks left behind in a red colour (mine's a white swift) car so use of a quick detailer would be advisable.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:48   #5050
Senior - BHPian

I had parked my Vista under a tree for about 30 mins at one place and there was some really hard thick glue-kind of thing on the bonnet. This thick liquid had trickled down till the fog lamps from the bonnet. I have tried Formula1 scratch remover, but this one's not ready to go. What to do?
Old 31st October 2011, 17:15   #5051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Posting the pricing details for the Car Lounge (detailing center) by Madhu Automobiles. The rates are definitely competitive & they use only Meguiar's products. Also posted some post detailing pics.
where is this exactly located? the rates are very competitive.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:22   #5052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I had parked my Vista under a tree for about 30 mins at one place and there was some really hard thick glue-kind of thing on the bonnet. This thick liquid had trickled down till the fog lamps from the bonnet. I have tried Formula1 scratch remover, but this one's not ready to go. What to do?
Try diesel. Leave it for a couple of minutes and then wash it with car shampoo. Not advisable on plastic parts though, only painted ones.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:25   #5053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Frankly, I don't think the rates are very competitive. I got a quote of 7200+taxes from 3M car care for my Vista, which is not too expensive. Also, the interior premium+ package is far too more detailed. Besides the regular things, it also includes oxidization of electrical points, AC vents cleaning, power window switches and actual window rotating motor checkup and repair if needed, etc.

When I added up the costs of all the costliest packages from the excel sheet, it came out to be 7500/- which would almost same as 3M's quote. So not sure about competitive pricing.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:32   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
This is located a bit further from Palace Orchard, somewhere in between the NIBM gate to Corinthian Club road.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:48   #5055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Frankly, I don't think the rates are very competitive. I got a quote of 7200+taxes from 3M car care for my Vista, which is not too expensive. Also, the interior premium+ package is far too more detailed. Besides the regular things, it also includes oxidization of electrical points, AC vents cleaning, power window switches and actual window rotating motor checkup and repair if needed, etc.

When I added up the costs of all the costliest packages from the excel sheet, it came out to be 7500/- which would almost same as 3M's quote. So not sure about competitive pricing.
i love the way the 3M guys work. Mezair is very well known to me. i was amongst his first customers. they had done a spectacular job on my linea which was full of swirl marks.

what all are you getting in 7200rs?

i was comparing the powershine and normal packages of 3m and car lounge.

for example the treatment of rs.550 at car lounge costs rs.895 at 3m

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks