Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2021, 12:49   #11281
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Thanks kosfactor for the help.
Yesterday I discovered there are two dents on the windshield outside!! And it seems I need to replace the wiper blades. It was MGP product which they used in last replacement last year. But quality seems to be not so good.

I recently purchased the proklear windscreen wash liquid and used it during this week Himachal trip. Result was much better than earlier solutions. I'll also follow the methods suggested and get the tank cleaned up properly.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:18   #11282
BHPian

Hello team,

Please suggest out of these two compounds to be used for clearing this mess to the best. Want to refrain from repainting the entire bumper.

1. https://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-Rubbing...s%2C309&sr=8-5

2. https://www.amazon.in/Waxpol-Rubbing...s%2C309&sr=8-6

Any other effective option can be considered? Also, what is the methodology of using the compound in this case?

TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-s.jpg  

Last edited by metropolis : 22nd June 2021 at 12:21.
metropolis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:12   #11283
BHPian

Hi @metropolis, a lot of paint has chipped of till the underlying black plastic. Those areas can be fixed by paint only. For the white and grey scratches (which are on clearcoat and are mostly paint-transfer), use the rubbing compound (green) with a microfiber cloth to even out the surface. Once done, use the orange one with another microfiber cloth to polish and bring back the original shine.
jothishX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 14:01   #11284
BHPian

I recently bought PROKLEAR Rinseless/Waterless Concentrate Dilutable 200 Times RAW Xtreme CX Carnauba

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried as per proportion written on bottle,I am not getting good results, did any of you tried different mixing ratio or any tips and trick for me?
I am using a small spray bottle spraying on car and leave it for few minutes and start cleaning with micro fibre cloth and then rub a bit using separate cleaned micro fibre cloth
Old 25th June 2021, 14:25   #11285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I am using a small spray bottle spraying on car and leave it for few minutes and start cleaning with micro fibre cloth and then rub a bit using separate cleaned micro fibre cloth
Same steps but leave the spray droplets on for a few seconds only. Try this - take few seconds to spray a large panel and then start wiping it off with a microfiber cloth. After completing this step on 3-4 panels, start buffing them with a clean dry microfiber cloth. Repeat this until the whole car is done.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th June 2021 at 14:32.
Old 25th June 2021, 15:02   #11286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Same steps but leave the spray droplets on for a few seconds only. Try this - take few seconds to spray a large panel and then start wiping it off with a microfiber cloth. After completing this step on 3-4 panels, start buffing them with a clean dry microfiber cloth. Repeat this until the whole car is done.
Thanks, What ratio are you using?
Old 25th June 2021, 15:18   #11287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, What ratio are you using?
5-10ml diluted in a 1000ml water.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 15:36   #11288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried as per proportion written on bottle,I am not getting good results, did any of you tried different mixing ratio or any tips and trick for me?
If its a light dust, spray very lightly and wipe off gently and no need to buff off the second time - if there is significant dirt, spray well and let it start to drip - wipe off twice, wait for panel to dry and then buff with a dry micro fiber cloth.

Order a set of 5 Softspun microfiber cloth, change to a new dry cloth every 2-3 panels to avoid wiping with wet cloth that would leave a lot of streaks and will be hard to remove during the dry buffing.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 14:13   #11289
Senior - BHPian

I have bought the PK without the wax and I find that easier to use. There were no streaks and was easier to buff off.
Old 27th June 2021, 00:48   #11290

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on Team-Bhp.( I have been a silent reader for many years)

Need some advice/Guidance on a Basic Cleaning and Protection for my 5th Gen Honda City ( Pearl White). My aim is to keep the car decently shiny and healthy.

From what I have read this is a rough list of what all I'm going to need.

Since I live in apartment with tight parking space I don't have easy access to a hose and electricity, So decided its going to be a Waterless wash option. My previous vehicle used to be washed by the watchman but he refuses to take of his watch and rings while doing so and hence my previous car was filled with minor scratches.
The city is 3 months old and doesn't have any major dirt on it.

List in order of usage :
  1. Use my Jopasu get rid of any excess dust settled on the car
  2. For washing I am thinking of getting the Proklear WFC (waterless foam concentrate) (flipkart)
  3. A good set of microfiber Cloth (900 odd GSM)
  4. A good hand operated garden sprayer
  5. Turtle wax Tar and Bug Remover for sap,bugs,etc ( Use this before wash)
  6. Turtle wax ICE Shine and wax ( Post waterless wash) (Collinite 845 is a bit out of my budget as of now)
  7. For Interior Plastics I need a good cleaner for the black dash (Need Suggestions)
  8. For Interior Plastics protectant ( Meguiar's Natural Shine)
  9. For Beige Leather Seats ( Need a all in one conditions cleaner please suggest)
  10. A brush set for interior detailing.
  11. For windscreen was thinking I should get RainX Windscreen Coating from amazon.

Till date I used to get my car washed at washing center near home. But ever since I contracted Covid I avoid as much contact outside of home as possible.

Once things get better I will have the car detailed professionally every 6 months to 1 year depending on usage.

Thanks and waiting for your replies.
Old 27th June 2021, 07:57   #11291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbax View Post
[*]For Interior Plastics I need a good cleaner for the black dash (Need Suggestions)[*]For Interior Plastics protectant ( Meguiar's Natural Shine)[*]For Beige Leather Seats ( Need a all in one conditions cleaner please suggest)
My suggestion would be to go for a single product such as Carpro PERL which can help take care of your all interiors. It is dilutable, which makes it a good VFM proposition. Jopasu duster (glove type) works well for me for interiors.

Cheers
deepakdograbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 18:15   #11292

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
My suggestion would be to go for a single product such as Carpro PERL which can help take care of your all interiors. It is dilutable, which makes it a good VFM proposition. Jopasu duster (glove type) works well for me for interiors.

Cheers

Thanks Deepak I have found the product on Green car care and it basically works out cheaper on the long run than two products. It has excellent reviews. If you any more feedback on the exterior do let me know.
Old 27th June 2021, 20:28   #11293
BHPian

Quote:
If you any more feedback on the exterior do let me know.
I prefer rinseless wash over waterless wash and thus use optimum no-rinse wash (ONR) and carpro ech20 for the same. Both are excellent products and offer good VFM. Carpro Ech20, though slightly expensive does add some protection to your paint due to Sio2 content. Haven't used Proklear, but have read good reviews for it as well.

My car is ceramic coated so i do not get my car waxed. If your car is not ceramic coated, you may also explore ONR with wax (green bottle) instead of ONR (blue one). It also adds some wax protection, which by the way is not long lasting and needs to be replenished regularly (say weekly wash). Both these products are available on greenzcarcare.com

I also try to avoid jopasu duster as much as possible since any touch without lubricant is bound to mar the surface (not that using ONR and Ech20 will guarantee swirl free wash, but if done properly will reduce it significantly)

I hope I didn't confuse you with this as you seem to have finalized your list of products

Last edited by deepakdograbhp : 27th June 2021 at 20:57. Reason: typo error
Old 27th June 2021, 20:53   #11294

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
I prefer rinseless wash over waterless wash and thus use optimum no-rinse wash (ONR) and carpro ech20 for the same. Both products are excellent products and offer good VFM. Carpro Ech20, though slightly expensive does add some protection to your paint due to Sio2 content. Haven't used Proklear, but have read good reviews for it as well.

My car is ceramic coated so i do not get my car waxed. If your car is not ceramic coated, you may also explore ONR with wax (green bottle) instead of ONR (blue one). It also adds some wax protection, which by the way is not long lasting and needs to be replenished regularly (say weekly wash). Both these products are available on greenzcarcare.com

I also try to avoid jopasu duster as much as possible since any touch without lubricant is bound to mar the surface (not that using ONR and Ech20 will guarantee swirl free wash, but if done properly will reduce it significantly)

I hope I didn't confuse you with this as you seem to have finalized your list of products
You haven’t confused me at all. Will try the ONR products soon, have the WFC as of now.

As for jopasu I use it remove light dust as Bangalore can be very dusty. I’m too lazy to wash the car every 3 days.

Now when it comes to swirls my local detail guy in my native Goa says a car should be ideally polished/treated twice a year or atleast once a year.He says it’s very tough to avoid swirling and minuscule paint damage.

I’m still skeptical about ceramic coating given the high price. I didn’t calculate it while buying the car and covid has made it tough to shell out 30-40k.

For now I hope my first waterless cleaning endeavour goes well. This is my first car of my own so super excited.
Old 27th June 2021, 21:47   #11295
BHPian

Quote:
This is my first car of my own so super excited.
Can understand as I went through same emotions six months ago plus the fact my car is black in color, it made me dig into the world of detailing. Lots of forums on Team-BHP and youtube detailing videos led me to these products.

Now I look forward to clean my car every Sunday (it is one of stress busters for me )

Do enjoy ur first car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks