Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 17:27   #541
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Guys, a strange thing has happened on my 2019 Vento TSI, The central locking horn beep feature has got activated on its own! All was normal till last night but this morning when I unlocked the car it beeped, then I tried locking and unlocking several times and it beeps every time now. How could this have got activated on its own?? That's my main worry, not that I mind the Beeps...
Old 30th October 2019, 10:40   #542
BHPian

This is something I noticed when I go for drives which last more than 20 minutes or so. When we place something in the compartment below the AC controls, and drive with the AC continuously switched on, the items we place also get reasonably cooled.

Basically that place also doubles as a bottle holder. So I guess, this feature is to keep the cold drinks cold when we travel with AC set to cold in a hot climate, and vice versa.

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-ac-storage-1.jpg

I could see two holes just above the compartment, which I am guessing are designed to let some of the air from the AC flow to this place.

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-ac-storage.jpg
saisailendra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 18:51   #543
Senior - BHPian

^ ^I can confirm this. It’s in our Rapid as well. Nice Easter egg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:19   #544
BHPian

Okay Ventonians. Now this one is another little feature I've discovered lately. I have a 2017 Vento, so not sure if it's there on the pre - facelift versions.

Now if you like to keep your car super neat and if you clean your interiors often, you must've noticed the small area on the dashboard on the passenger side which is a little odd while wiping it. I too faced the same odd feeling.

No matter with what cleaning liquid I try to wipe with, the microfiber just wouldn't move smoothly over that part. This made my mind wonder,
"Is there an issue with VWs QC processes ?" ,
"Is this piece manufactured by a different company who's cutting costs with quality ?" ,
"Is there an issue with only my unit ?" ,
"What's with this finish ? Did the factory miss spraying a coat of finishing lacquer on my unit ?" ,
"Is it because of the AirBag" ?

To all my questions came the answer when I placed a folder made of cloth and Artificial leather, and tried to take the car out from our parking through the steep ramp, in reverse.

I placed the folder on the dashboard on the passenger's side, almost near the windshield. As I was reversing down the steep ramp, the folder started to slide towards the seat and was about to fall. So I placed my hand in the air, in such a way that I'd catch the folder if it falls off. But as soon as the folder reached the odd part of the dash which I've been talking about, it stopped sliding. It just stayed there, in spite of the crazy inclination.. It's then that I realized, it's an "Anti-Skid" finish that VW put in there for our convenience.

I'm not sure if it'll be able to prevent mobile phones from sliding, but it sure does provides some resistance to surfaces of clutches, wallets, semi - leather and cloth folders. Any substance with a rubber or rubbery finish will surely refuse to slide on it. Go ahead and try. Do Experiment manually before taking any risks though.

This is the area that I'm talking about. I'm sorry for the weird angle as I took the photo from the Driver's seat.
Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-vento-anti-slip-area-dash.jpg

I believe using a dashboard protectant might mask this Anti-Skid effect as it makes the surface slippery. Try to use a cleaner like Colin or any All Purpose Cleaner like CarPro Multi X or maybe just soapy water if you have a layer of dashboard protectant on this area.

Last edited by saisailendra : 2nd December 2019 at 11:24. Reason: Formatting changes.
saisailendra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 20:06   #545
BHPian

I'm facing an issue in my Vento TDI 2013 highline since today evening. Both the indicators and tail lights ( brake lights) are not working. When I switch the indicator on, the corresponding green light on the instrument cluster blinks but at faster than normal intervals. Headlights, cabin lights, parking lightd, horn and all other electricals are working fine. Could this be an issue with the fuse or something else? Planning to get this checked tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

Last edited by DheerajNK : 6th December 2019 at 20:30.
Old 6th December 2019, 23:40   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
I'm not sure if it'll be able to prevent mobile phones from sliding, but it sure does provides some resistance to surfaces of clutches, wallets, semi - leather and cloth folders. Any substance with a rubber or rubbery finish will surely refuse to slide on it. Go ahead and try. Do Experiment manually before taking any risks though.
That is where passenger airbag sits.

You better not keep anything on top it for safety reasons.

I'm sure German engineers wouldn't want to make airbag surface anti skid to keep stuff on top it.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 10:34   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
That is where passenger airbag sits.

You better not keep anything on top it for safety reasons.
Haha, Yeah, I'm aware of the Airbag being there. I don't place anything on the Dash while driving. I like it clean. That day I was making a trip to the airport and placed a folder there just till I took the car out of the parking and noticed this happen.

It was removed as soon as my Dad got in the car. Even if it wasn't, I'd have taken it from there and placed in the rear seat before driving.
Old 7th December 2019, 11:43   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I could see two holes just above the compartment, which I am guessing are designed to let some of the air from the AC flow to this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
^ ^I can confirm this. It’s in our Rapid as well. Nice Easter egg
No, those holes are for the screws to secure the climatronic unit.

Name:  polomk57415.png
Views: 3929
Size:  95.0 KB

Source – VW workshop manuals
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 14:40   #549
BHPian

That's a doubt I too had in mind. But the cooling does occur at that place. Might not be because of those holes. But sure does happen to cool the place.
saisailendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:30   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No, those holes are for the screws to secure the climatronic unit.

Attachment 1943210

Source – VW workshop manuals
Wow, nice quirk! But it’s not just for the climatronic- the manual AC gets it too.
Old 31st December 2019, 22:16   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay Ventonians. Now this one is another little feature I've discovered lately
This is the place for the SRS Airbag, as seen in this pic:-

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-20191231_220936.jpg
Old 31st August 2020, 15:37   #552
BHPian

Hi,
Looking for your inputs - is the steering on 2016 Vento's features both reach and rake feature or is it specific to certain variants only.

Have previously faced issue of getting in and out in my friends car as the steering almost hits my thighs and hence wanted to re-verify as I was planning to go for a used Vento.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2020, 16:11   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
Looking for your inputs - is the steering on 2016 Vento's features both reach and rake feature or is it specific to certain variants only.
Hi Asif! The steering on all Vento's are rake & reach adjustable. Ours is a January 2016 Highline and that has both adjustments.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 01:08   #554
BHPian

Hi everyone.

I recently had a look at a sparingly used, December 2018 manufacture Vento TDI MT Comfortline. I was under the impression that all variants of the Vento have the window roll down & roll up feature by a long press of the unlock/lock button on the key fob but this car doesn't seem to have that feature. I tried. Did VW discontinue this useful feature after a point? Can it be enabled at the ASC?

Thanks in advance
Old 1st April 2024, 23:25   #555
BHPian

The fuse layout on my 2022 Vento HL Plus TSI AT is completely different from my 2012 VW Polo GT TDI’s. The 12V Cigarette lighter socket blew up and when I opened up to check & this was the layout. There was a 30A fuse for the 12V socket instead of the usual 15A on my VW Polo. Not sure if this was intentionally put that way to handle both the Front and Rear 12V sockets or it could’ve been a mistake from factory. Could any of you confirm if it’s the same with your car ! As per my knowledge, 15A to 20A fuse is the norm with most 12V sockets across segments. Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-d4f4c94259c84b95a5ecfc740af7b804.jpeg

Last edited by teja030 : 1st April 2024 at 23:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks