Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:48   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Tried searching this thread, but did not find this so posting here.

The gear shift indicator depends on driving style. Driving sedately indicates earlier shift points, driving spiritedly gives much later shift points. I don't remember the exact RPMs for each gear, but I think the shift point is calculated based on the amount of throttle input in the current gear.

Pretty nifty feature IMO.
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:49   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Tried searching this thread, but did not find this so posting here.

The gear shift indicator depends on driving style. Driving sedately indicates earlier shift points, driving spiritedly gives much later shift points. I don't remember the exact RPMs for each gear, but I think the shift point is calculated based on the amount of throttle input in the current gear.

Pretty nifty feature IMO.

Yes, I have observed this many times. It also depends on the kind of load the car is carrying or whether the car is going uphill or downhill (which translates to the amount of work the engine has to do to pull the car). If the engine is doing more work, it will ask you to shift later and if the engine is relaxed, it will ask you to shift earlier in the RPM range.
Old 4th January 2014, 23:02   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Yes, I have observed this many times. It also depends on the kind of load the car is carrying or whether the car is going uphill or downhill (which translates to the amount of work the engine has to do to pull the car). If the engine is doing more work, it will ask you to shift later and if the engine is relaxed, it will ask you to shift earlier in the RPM range.
What i "think" is that, it implements the same logic that is applied in the automatic transmission. Normally, in automatic transmission, whenever the drive is light footed, it upshifts much earlier.
anToNIcHeN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 20:17   #499
Team-BHP Support

Vento owners - has anyone tried this DIY to open the boot using springs on both the hinges? I stumbled upon this video while browsing through Facebook's VW Polo Sedan Malaysia Community (Link).

Looks like an easy mod if you have two good quality springs. I have a Polo so can't try it out because it has a gas spring! But do check it out. Cheers!

EDIT: Here's the snap of the springs the community was bundling as a part of their sale. If it helps i.e.

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-998239_547247772009229_980106316_n.jpg

Source

And no reasons to worry about the add-on springs there. High-end cars which pops out the trunk using the keyfob use springs. This is how it is on the Jetta - Link

The springs are compressed when the trunk is closed. Upon unlocking the boot, they uncompress thus popping the boot out. Just like you'd open the boot.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th January 2014 at 20:34.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 20:50   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Vento owners - has anyone tried this DIY to open the boot using springs on both the hinges?
I'm getting something similar for my Polo.

ECS Tuning has a kit for the Polo. I shall keep you posted on how it performs
Old 5th January 2014, 21:27   #501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
ECS Tuning[/url] has a kit for the Polo. I shall keep you posted on how it performs
Dug a bit deeper and found this video from ECS Tuning for the MK V GTI:

I am not sure why do we need a pair of new struts and ball pins! Please correct me if I am wrong but as per my understanding, the only thing we need here are those 2 spring mounted black poppers which compress themselves so they pop out when we unlock the boot using the fob. I am talking of these:

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-69671_x800.jpg

Or are those new struts having a better force? Anyhow, keep us posted how the installation goes.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 22:34   #502
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Vaibhav Jukar shares the following document (attached to this post) and email:

Vento Tips - Team-BHP.docx

Quote:
Team-BHP helped me a lot keeping my first car Alto lxi in great shape for 8 long years achieving 1.09 Lac Km on it. Before going for exchange. Recently (Dec 2013) I have booked the VW Vento 1.6 TDI HL. I must say this decision was highly influenced by your review and TeamBHP.

I have gathered information on Ventonian’s Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks thread. Senior members have been so generous for their time and tips for new Vento users. There is a list of tips & quirks, but I thought it would be great to have a word document which can be downloaded.

I created one as per my capability. All credits go to contributors of the above said thread. I just gathered and rearranged the information.

Last edited by GTO : 8th January 2014 at 22:35.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 23:34   #503
BHPian

Have observed the following on RAPID so may apply to Vento as well.

When the ignition is Turned off and the key has been removed, the Audio system is switch off.
Now if you press the Power Button on the Audio System, it again starts working.
The Audio system doesn't turn off until you press the Power Button again (even if you have locked the car).
Thus, no need to slot in the key if you want to hear songs while cleaning the car and performing a DIY
Old 19th January 2014, 01:38   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Have observed the following on RAPID so may apply to Vento as well.

When the ignition is Turned off and the key has been removed, the Audio system is switch off.
Now if you press the Power Button on the Audio System, it again starts working.
The Audio system doesn't turn off until you press the Power Button again (even if you have locked the car).
Thus, no need to slot in the key if you want to hear songs while cleaning the car and performing a DIY
And you need to go through the thread, especially the initial few pages to find such & and many more similar quirks! Btw the player stays on for ~20-25 odd minutes only.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 11:33   #505
BHPian

For the love of my Vento! and also with no intention of plagiarism, i found some cool information about her. (courtesy VW erwin 1 hour pass I got)

To start of -

Structural integrity points
Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-screen-shot-20140119-10.47.24-am.png

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-screen-shot-20140119-10.47.59-am.png

Laser welding explained
Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-screen-shot-20140119-10.57.13-am.png

Bonnet and Boot are Glued together

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-screen-shot-20140119-10.57.48-am.png

Aerodynamics of front bumper

Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-screen-shot-20140119-10.58.48-am.png

3 crash safety features

Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 10.59.37 am.png
Views: 6783
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 10.59.26 am.png
Views: 6847
Size:  140.2 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 10.59.44 am.png
Views: 4564
Size:  193.5 KB

TDI - Facts- The VGT debate rests with the pic below (note: adjustable = Variable)

Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 11.02.08 am.png
Views: 4586
Size:  92.9 KB

Automatic Transmission on older petrol (torque convertor) could handle 280 NM, wish they had offered on TDI

Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 11.04.52 am.png
Views: 4515
Size:  75.2 KB

ABS - I am not sure if emergency braking blinking works (read -7m/s2 blinking)

Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 11.05.27 am.png
Views: 4492
Size:  83.3 KB

Some immobiliser facts
Name:  Screen Shot 20140119 at 11.06.14 am.png
Views: 4451
Size:  103.1 KB
newtonMeter is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 20:40   #506
BHPian

❑ Switching between Cel‐ sius and Fahrenheit:
– Press and hold “AC” push button. Then press the “Auto” push button.
❑ The corresponding tem‐ perature unit appears in k the display.
newtonMeter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 09:57   #507
Senior - BHPian

Just found out yesterday that the RCD320 on my Vento can change songs using the small right knob on the panel, when streaming via bluetooth.

Say for example, my SGS3 has a collection of MP3's. I make a playlist, run it and stream it via bluetooth to the RCD320. Now, whilst playing if I want to change to the next song I very carefully turn the knob one step clockwise. Just ONE click is what is important. If you turn it more than once, it'll replay the same song from the beginning. For the previous song you need to turn the knob anti-clockwise TWICE.

Up until yesterday, I never knew this feature existed and always used my phone to change songs, which was quite cumbersome because I need to take my eyes off the road and one hand off the wheel to operate the phone. With this feature managing music is so much better! Love it.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 24th January 2014 at 09:59.
Old 24th January 2014, 11:36   #508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Just found out yesterday that the RCD320 on my Vento can change songs using the small right knob on the panel, when streaming via bluetooth.
IINM you could do that using the steering mounted controls as well. Do give it a shot. I faintly recall doing so using the Lumia 920 paired to the RCD320 back then.
Old 24th January 2014, 19:56   #509
DRC
BHPian

Quirk: to replace the head light bulbs, you have to remove the sealed beam assembly. the procedure is detailed in the user manual. But takes dexterity.

Quirk: double pressing (even accidentally) the phone button on the steering wheel throws up bluetooth menu on RCD320. Coming out of the screen takes too many key presses on the radio. can not exit from any key press on steering wheel.

Feature: When AC is in auto mode and you decide to change the blower speed. It automatically exits the auto mode. Again, if you return the blower speed to previous setting, auto mode resumes!

Feature removed: selecting reverse gear no longer turns on re-circulation mode
Old 28th February 2014, 10:44   #510
BHPian

Guys,

Found this on Polo so might apply to Vento as well.

The high beam function does not switch between High/Low beams. When you engage highbeams both filaments high and low light up simultaneously.

Probably the wiring follows the pattern where high and low beams are separate bulbs (eg. indigo, optra etc).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks