Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:06   #361
BHPian

Thanks guys. Never realised its due to that. Can someone explain issue in plain language. Very irritated with the squeeks.
Old 23rd June 2012, 19:57   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Thanks guys. Never realised its due to that. Can someone explain issue in plain language. Very irritated with the squeeks.
You can refer to my ownership thread where I have tried to explain it - that reminds me , where's your ownership thread ? Ninjatalli may get nasty if you don't get it up fast enough, BEWARE

Cleaning the bead , putting oil on it has helped with a few but the best solution is to listen to music and ignore it
cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 10:35   #363
Senior - BHPian

one of my friends has gotten one very peculiar feature enabled in his vento. On pressing the unlock button on the fob first time only the drivers side door is unlocked. To unlock the rest of the doors you need to press unlock button again that too not immediately.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 10:49   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That feature is enabled by default in higher end VW AG cars like the Skoda Superb. Personally I find it very confusing and prefer the single touch lock/unlock on the Vento.
Old 30th June 2012, 11:15   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

You can refer to my ownership thread where I have tried to explain it - that reminds me , where's your ownership thread ? Ninjatalli may get nasty if you don't get it up fast enough, BEWARE

Cleaning the bead , putting oil on it has helped with a few but the best solution is to listen to music and ignore it
cheers
Hi. Unable to locate your thread. Pl send me a link
Old 30th June 2012, 11:39   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Hi. Unable to locate your thread. Pl send me a link
lol!

Here's his thread.

You do know that you just need to click on his profile name and opt for the "Find all threads by souravc" - it would be the first one on the (returned) list! Maybe you should just run by the forum How-to threads for a few minutes!

P.s. All in jest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
one of my friends has gotten one very peculiar feature enabled in his vento. On pressing the unlock button on the fob first time only the drivers side door is unlocked. To unlock the rest of the doors you need to press unlock button again that too not immediately.
Well in our "normal" Ventos, using the key(-hole) to unlock the car again unlocks only the driver door! Rest three doors remains closed. And I find this "feature" quite irritating - quite a few times my passengers end up giving me awkward looks while they are stuck outside waiting for me to unlock!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th June 2012 at 11:45.
Old 30th June 2012, 20:46   #367
BHPian

@Alisiddiqui, regarding door noise - Bring it to the notice of service center guys. They will apply some lubricant and it helps "reduce" noise to some extend.

Has anyone experienced an annoying noise from back side... sounds like a loose nut bolt? It seems to be from tail light.. not sure though.
Old 1st July 2012, 07:10   #368
Senior - BHPian

Actually this is one of the features that you can customize/activate through VAG-COM, similar to auto lock/unlock etc.

This feature is available for the vento too, if anyone is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Old 10th August 2012, 01:20   #369
Senior - BHPian

This thread has been quiet for a while - seems like all the quirks have been discovered

My car is approaching the 2nd servicing mark ( 30,000 km) and is hardly 1,300 kms from that milestone. Thus the moment i switch on the ignition the MID goes to the 'servicing display' mode which displays distance to servicing- which is all good . Now in this display mode there is another figure of 98 besides appears beside the clock
I am wondering whats that ? Is it number of days to servicing ? Anyone has an idea .
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks-vento-mid.jpg  

Old 10th August 2012, 05:58   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
This thread has been quiet for a while - seems like all the quirks have been discovered

My car is approaching the 2nd servicing mark ( 30,000 km) and is hardly 1,300 kms from that milestone. Thus the moment i switch on the ignition the MID goes to the 'servicing display' mode which displays distance to servicing- which is all good . Now in this display mode there is another figure of 98 besides appears beside the clock
I am wondering whats that ? Is it number of days to servicing ? Anyone has an idea .
It is the number the days to next service (by the 365 days criteria), below that is the number of Km's left till next service (by 15k criteria). It appears in multiples of 1000.
Old 17th August 2012, 11:57   #371
BHPian

A feature / quirk: Now this may not be really useful for the user/driver, but here it is. Under the hood, below the battery, there is a lever, titanium silver in colour, shaped like an ornate door handle, that lets you shift the gears from outside the vehicle. Like i said, more of a feature for the mechanic.
Ayson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 12:18   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Yup- it must be the number of days and km respectively. I remember it was showing both before my first service.
Am at 27,900 km as of today with a cople of long trips coming up, so should be seeing those myself pretty soon!
Old 24th August 2012, 20:21   #373
Senior - BHPian

My car has been not driven for more than a week. Today when i switched on the car I am seeing 'Battery low' message on the stock head unit( not on MID).Is this indicating the master battery status?Has any one noticed this?

Last edited by poloman : 24th August 2012 at 20:22.
Old 24th August 2012, 20:25   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta View Post
@Alisiddiqui, regarding door noise - Bring it to the notice of service center guys. They will apply some lubricant and it helps "reduce" noise to some extend.

Has anyone experienced an annoying noise from back side... sounds like a loose nut bolt? It seems to be from tail light.. not sure though.
just buy a can of WD 40 (Rs 250). Apply on all door beadings. Tension free for 2 months. Repeat when needed
Old 25th August 2012, 00:21   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
My car has been not driven for more than a week. Today when i switched on the car I am seeing 'Battery low' message on the stock head unit( not on MID).Is this indicating the master battery status?Has any one noticed this?
Well , haven't heard anyone reporting that - usually people say that the glow coil lights up showing some malfunction ( including low battery). If this is the case , then at least low battery problem can be isolated

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
just buy a can of WD 40 (Rs 250). Apply on all door beadings. Tension free for 2 months. Repeat when needed
Thanks ! I was wondering who amongst the TBHP-ian Vento owners had mentioned a solution involving cleaning the beadings - it was you ! So basically the WD 40 has to be applied to the rubber or the door frame ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks