Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 02:18   #211
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, how did I miss it?

Thanks for pointing out souravc, was concentrating more on the ICE project that I missed keeping up with the posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Post # 69 , page - 5 on this thread refers to the same .
We already felt the pain when we visited the malls / hotels quite a few months back
Old 12th January 2012, 10:07   #212
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Hi,

I am a new Vento owner and got my White Highline TDi delivered last Wednesday. Had some oppurtunity to explore the car by this time and it has now completed 800 Kms.
Thanks for all those posts and ownership reviews by you people. Thats what lead me to this car. Will try to put up something like an ownership thread soon.

One small thing which I noticed, which I think can make its way to this thread:
The boot release switch will work only when the car is stopped. I owned a swift before and the boot release lever was mechanical. This is the first time I am using an electrical switch for boot release, so don't know if it is a common feature.
abhilash_iv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 22:43   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Hi,

I am a new Vento owner and got my White Highline TDi delivered last Wednesday. Had some oppurtunity to explore the car by this time and it has now completed 800 Kms.
Thanks for all those posts and ownership reviews by you people. Thats what lead me to this car. Will try to put up something like an ownership thread soon.

One small thing which I noticed, which I think can make its way to this thread:
The boot release switch will work only when the car is stopped. I owned a swift before and the boot release lever was mechanical. This is the first time I am using an electrical switch for boot release, so don't know if it is a common feature.
What do you exactly mean by stopping? I am able to release the boot on a daily basis while the car is running (i.e. engine is running, the car is stationary) - I have to do so while my office security guards do a customary check before I enter the premises.

Also I am pretty sure the boot can be opened while the car is moving, although I haven't found a reason to try it yet.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:57   #214
BHPian

I always open the boot before completely stopping at malls, though its at crawling speeds.
Old 13th January 2012, 09:53   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What do you exactly mean by stopping? I am able to release the boot on a daily basis while the car is running (i.e. engine is running, the car is stationary) - I have to do so while my office security guards do a customary check before I enter the premises.

Also I am pretty sure the boot can be opened while the car is moving, although I haven't found a reason to try it yet.
By stopping I meant, stopping while the engine is running.
I never meant that there will be a reason to open the boot while moving . I noticed that while going to stop at the security check for opening the boot, the switch is enabled only once the car becomes stationary (not exactly stationary but at a crawling speed) Since it is a soft touch switch, looks like it is safeguarded against any chance of accidently operating it.

Last edited by abhilash_iv : 13th January 2012 at 09:55.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:18   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By stopping I meant, stopping while the engine is running.
I never meant that there will be a reason to open the boot while moving . I noticed that while going to stop at the security check for opening the boot, the switch is enabled only once the car becomes stationary (not exactly stationary but at a crawling speed) Since it is a soft touch switch, looks like it is safeguarded against any chance of accidently operating it.
You are right , I tried it out . Unlock works only at crawling speed
Old 16th January 2012, 12:33   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Locks with Memory – If one tries to lock the doors (manually or through remote) when one of the 4 doors are opened , the lock does not get engaged however the car does remember the instruction so that once the open door is shut the lock gets engaged without any further press of the manual / remote button – the confirmation of the same is through either the glowing of the “lock engaged” button on the driver’s side or through short bursts of the indicator lamps.
This is not working for me if the door which is kept open is the driver door. If the driver door is closed and any or all of the other 3 are kept open, and if we lock using remote, it gets locked after the doors are closed. But if it is the driver door which is kept open, then pressing of lock button in remote is not at all triggering any action.
Can someone please confirm it is not a case for me alone?
Old 16th January 2012, 13:54   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is not working for me if the door which is kept open is the driver door. If the driver door is closed and any or all of the other 3 are kept open, and if we lock using remote, it gets locked after the doors are closed. But if it is the driver door which is kept open, then pressing of lock button in remote is not at all triggering any action.
Can someone please confirm it is not a case for me alone?
Thats the way it works - for the remote lock to be armed the driver's side door needs to be closed so its fine in your car.
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:13   #219
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update on service info and bulletins

Thank you very much Kiran. In my recent visit to the workshop both oil and fuel filters were replaced, the attached service bulletins explains the reason behind the same.

Very informative articles, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Hi All,
I have the following new ones. If you are wondering where to get these. Login to erwin.volkswagen.de and buy some time there. Search on your VIN and then click the servicing info page.
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:23   #220
BHPian

Guys, I recently serviced my car and they should have replaced the filters. Do I still need to get it checked?
Old 28th January 2012, 23:14   #221
Senior - BHPian

Once the battery terminal is disconnected and reconnected, the power window one touch up/down, convenience operation of all power windows using remote and pinch protection (roll back on sensing obstacles) have to be configured all over again.

Good thing, all the three can be configured by a single step -

- Close all doors/windows
- Turn the key to "ignition on" position
- Hold the power window regulators on the driver side armrest up for about a couple of seconds.
- All the above 3 features should now be activated.

None of these were working on my car after the service. While the above steps have been provided in the user manaul (I think so), but it doesnt state these needs to be re-activated again if the battery terminals are disconnected.

The folks in workshop ideally need to activate these (and speed sensing auto lock and unlock on removal of ignition key) before delivering the car to you, but then I'm not sure how many of the technicians are even aware of these small things.
bala80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 00:07   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Good thing, all the three can be configured by a single step -
@bala80, thanks for the info. BTW, how did you discover this?
Old 29th January 2012, 12:35   #223
Senior - BHPian

I have the technical documents for the vento (wokshop maintanence manual, Training manuals etc), which had these information. Credit to the member "dingolphie" who provided me these documents, if you want to have a copy, PM me your email address and I shall send it over to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
@bala80, thanks for the info. BTW, how did you discover this?
bala80 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 12:21   #224
BHPian

Another feature that I noticed in the Vento is that if you unlock the car using the remote but do not physically open any of the doors, the car locks itself up again in approximately 30 seconds.

The scenario was this: I wanted to get some grocery and my mother was in the car, so I put the windows down and locked the car using the remote. Then I realized that my mother might want to come out while I was gone, so I unlocked it using the remote and walked away. Within 30 seconds the car locked itself up again and then the interior surveillance picked up activity inside the car and the alarm went off. I returned in about 15 minutes and got an earful from my mother
Old 31st January 2012, 17:33   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Another feature that I noticed in the Vento is that if you unlock the car using the remote but do not physically open any of the doors, the car locks itself up again in approximately 30 seconds.

The scenario was this: I wanted to get some grocery and my mother was in the car, so I put the windows down and locked the car using the remote. Then I realized that my mother might want to come out while I was gone, so I unlocked it using the remote and walked away. Within 30 seconds the car locked itself up again and then the interior surveillance picked up activity inside the car and the alarm went off. I returned in about 15 minutes and got an earful from my mother
Yes I have noticed it too. In my case I was busy taking off the car cover after unlocking it when I discovered that after about 30 seconds it locked itself again. From a security standpoint I guess would have its utility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks