Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 14:37   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
I also like to keep the re-circulation mode on as it helps in faster and better cooling, also keeps outside odours away. With auto enabled there is no way to confirm if re-circulation mode is off or on.
I too keep the AC in re-circulation mode, but once in a while experience outside odours inside the cabin. When I checked with the service supervisor, he explained that in the re-circulation mode, once in about 15min or so, the unit brings in outside air to refresh the air quality inside the cabin and also help in humidity control. Another feature ?
Old 6th September 2011, 18:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

I dont think so this is true. Re-circulation is controlled by a flap which opens and closes per the mode chosen. As far as experiencing outside odour in a while goes, Some amount of odour will always sneak through irrespective of whether re-circulation mode is chosen or not and is fairly common in all the cars.

You can attempt driving through an area with thick smoke/strong odour and validate this fact. I remember there is a thread under the technical section of this forum discussing the reason behind this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
I too keep the AC in re-circulation mode, but once in a while experience outside odours inside the cabin. When I checked with the service supervisor, he explained that in the re-circulation mode, once in about 15min or so, the unit brings in outside air to refresh the air quality inside the cabin and also help in humidity control. Another feature ?
Old 6th September 2011, 21:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
quite a few cars with ACC have this feature.
Old 6th September 2011, 22:08   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I checked with the service supervisor, he explained that in the re-circulation mode, once in about 15min or so, the unit brings in outside air to refresh the air quality inside the cabin and also help in humidity control. Another feature ?
While I am not sure about this , I can share one experience that I recently had with the ACC . One day suddenly we got some awful fishy smell in the car . With all the rain and muck in Mumbai , i thought that its due to footwear or something from outside which is causing it . In spite of checking thoroughly the car we could not find anything amiss though the AC continued to stink . Finally , without much of an idea of anything better to do, I started running the car with the AC in ventilation mode . Within a few minutes , the AC stopped smelling and has been fine ever since . I guess the active deodoriser component needs periodic running in ventilation mode (though i can't say that i am too sure about it) - I had not used ventilation for months together , hate the Mumbai stench!
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 13:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Found this thread that I was mentioning about in the technical section (and there are similar other one's too).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tion-mode.html

To summarize - Cabin of the car isnt completely air-tight and some amount of outside air/odour does come in once a while.

Good thing about the vento is that it has pollen filter to avoid the dust particles from entering in the cabin when the A/C is in fresh air mode. If I recollect right, this part is changed as a part of your first service at 15k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
While I am not sure about this , I can share one experience that I recently had with the ACC
Old 9th September 2011, 17:13   #81
BHPian

Is there a way to disable internal motion sensor?
Old 9th September 2011, 17:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Is there a way to disable internal motion sensor?

Yes, you can. There is button on B-pillar, right below the seat belt on the driver side. Just click that thing. Your motion sensor will get disabled.
Ramsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 17:35   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Yes, you can. There is button on B-pillar, right below the seat belt on the driver side. Just click that thing. Your motion sensor will get disabled.
That's correct. But guess you will have to do this every time you start your car. Correct me if am wrong.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I wonder how useful the motion sensor is when you have a reachable disable switch. Looks like alarm systems are being tampered by crooks. Do we need it ? Just thinking loud. One possible reason would be to avoid incidents like this I guess. But wouldn't being careful be the safer option.
Old 10th September 2011, 00:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
I wonder how useful the motion sensor is when you have a reachable disable switch. Looks like alarm systems are being tampered by crooks. Do we need it ? Just thinking loud. One possible reason would be to avoid incidents like this I guess. But wouldn't being careful be the safer option.
The motion detector has be switched off through remote key first and then the disable switch has to be activated for the alarm system not to be triggered going forward . Its not like someone can break into the car and then disable the motion detector through the switch for the alarm not to sound .
Old 11th September 2011, 00:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

One more quirk to be added to the list :-
When one locks using the remote key and then opens the boot using the remote key , the lock light ( on the driver's side door) glows . So effectively the unlock makes the "lock" light glow . Savvy ?
Old 14th September 2011, 16:24   #87
BHPian

Hi,
I recently bought an Vento Highline TDI in which only one light glows for reverse light and rear fog light. Does anyone know if we can add the bulbs for other sides of reverse lights and rear fog lights in the Vento?

I also noticed that the clutch is bouncy and I always seem to jerk the vehicle a bit especially while accelerating no matter how slowly I release the clutch. Do any of the more experienced drivers/owners know if this goes away over time or do we develop muscle memory to work with this?

thanks in advance.

-krishna
krishnaprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 17:40   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey KP, welcome to the Vento club! Yes, the single reverse light is a shame: an example of the cheesy stuff companies come up with to cut costs.

The fog lamp occupies the same position as the one you'd expect the right reverse lamp to be, so I doubt you can fit and rewire this in a simple manner. Any wire-cutting will void the warranty, don't forget.

I didn't experience any bounciness in the clutch of the TDI I test drove, maybe it's just a matter of getting used to?

Edit: This is my 1500th post on T-BHP

Last edited by noopster : 14th September 2011 at 17:41.
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 20:17   #89
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car Krishna. Since Noopster has already answered your first question , I'll share my thoughts on your other concern that you raised.

Yes, clutch of the vento has a long travel range and has a pretty annoying bounce back action. This gets a little better with time (or you get used to it), but you need to really master the release position to avoid jerk during gear changes. You will notice this jerk all the more when you release the clutch pretty quick during a upshift/downshift.

I have been driving diesels for years now, and I'm still unable to avoid this jerk, especially if im driving in a spirited manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad View Post
I also noticed that the clutch is bouncy and I always seem to jerk the vehicle a bit especially while accelerating no matter how slowly I release the clutch. Do any of the more experienced drivers/owners know if this goes away over time or do we develop muscle memory to work with this?
Old 15th September 2011, 10:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad View Post
Hi,
I recently bought an Vento Highline TDI in which only one light glows for reverse light and rear fog light. Does anyone know if we can add the bulbs for other sides of reverse lights and rear fog lights in the Vento?

thanks in advance.

-krishna
Bala has rightly explained important aspects of the clutch . You can minimise the jerk or bounce if you release the clutch at zero accelerator dip point - illustratively , take your foot off the pedal and then release the clutch . Should help .
There is no escaping from the hard clutch though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks