Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 23:26   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
@ People who have gotten their speed-sensing locks activated: Has anyone gotten it done in Mumbai. I booked my Dec 2011, Beige @ Tornedo Motors in S'Cruz, but the RM seemed unaware about the feature.
Hi , I got it done at KSM motors - I am pretty much sure the even the VW workshop at Andheri knows about it. Get in touch with one of the shop floor mechanics . The activation has to be done through the VAS . Some of the useful modules that you should get enabled are speed activated door auto lock (gets activated after 15 kmph) , all door unlock when ignition key is taken out of key hole or any door unlocked
cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 19:16   #242
BHPian

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread earlier. If the doors are locked and the car is jacked up to remove a tyre, it starts sounding the horn alarm! Seems like a neat security feature against wheel thieves!

I found this today afternoon when My car had an air leak in one of the tires and I took it to a workshop for checking.
Old 11th February 2012, 20:01   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread earlier. If the doors are locked and the car is jacked up to remove a tyre, it starts sounding the horn alarm! Seems like a neat security feature against wheel thieves!

I found this today afternoon when My car had an air leak in one of the tires and I took it to a workshop for checking.
The alarm will sound unless its deactivated by pressing the button at the bottom right hand of the driver's seat . I guess the traffic tow trucks also know that since I have noticed that they are reluctant to tow Ventos and Polos and prefer to clamp them while they readily tow away others .
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 22:32   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Once the battery terminal is disconnected and reconnected, the power window one touch up/down, convenience operation of all power windows using remote and pinch protection (roll back on sensing obstacles) have to be configured all over again.
I know its only for the Vento, but is there any chance of activating auto up/down for drivers side window on the Polo highline?

I did as mentioned in your post, and all that happened was the power windows stopped working

It's back to normal now though.
Old 15th February 2012, 22:54   #245
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a couple of polo owners saying this. I'm not sure if this feature is now present in the car, though the manual states otherwise. Has any recent polo owners (after the addition of electric ORVM) have actually got this working in their car?

I'm starting to believe these features aren't available in the polo anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

I know its only for the Vento, but is there any chance of activating auto up/down for drivers side window on the Polo highline?

I did as mentioned in your post, and all that happened was the power windows stopped working

It's back to normal now though.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:25   #246
Senior - BHPian

I also noticed that the power window switches don't have 2 positions which enables a one touch operation.

Looks like in 2011 Polo's with the addition of electric ORVM, rear power window switches and the one touch feature were removed.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:28   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
I also noticed that the power window switches don't have 2 positions which enables a one touch operation.

Looks like in 2011 Polo's with the addition of electric ORVM, rear power window switches and the one touch feature were removed.
Absolutely right. Strangely they removed auto up down and rear controls for driver. My 2010 model had that and Vento 2012 has it. Strangely, the chrome plated light switch is missing for trend line type switch. My friend who took delivery with me, had leather steering missing. Why can't they be consistent!
Old 16th February 2012, 00:39   #248
Senior - BHPian

One more quirk I would say - when your car is low on fuel , the low fuel light glows . I used to think that it glows the moment the car calculates that its 50km to empty but experience shows otherwise . The other day I was on economy drive and the low fuel light glowed only when the distance to empty was 40 km thus I think its not only a factor of the distance to empty, it also depends on the quantity of fuel in the tank and the light gets triggered when either the distance to empty is calculated as less than or equal to 50 Km or the quantity of fuel in the tank is below a threshold level.

One more interesting thing I noticed - usually when one does an economy drive, the distance to empty can show increasing value when the car is actually travelling ( and thus burning fuel ). Now interestingly any amount of super economy drive cannot nudge the distance to empty tank higher once the low fuel light has start glowing, it will remain stagnant or go down.
Old 16th February 2012, 07:54   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
One more quirk I would say - when your car is low on fuel , the low fuel light glows . I used to think that it glows the moment the car calculates that its 50km to empty but experience shows otherwise . The other day I was on economy drive and the low fuel light glowed only when the distance to empty was 40 km thus I think its not only a factor of the distance to empty, it also depends on the quantity of fuel in the tank and the light gets triggered when either the distance to empty is calculated as less than or equal to 50 Km or the quantity of fuel in the tank is below a threshold level.

One more interesting thing I noticed - usually when one does an economy drive, the distance to empty can show increasing value when the car is actually travelling ( and thus burning fuel ). Now interestingly any amount of super economy drive cannot nudge the distance to empty tank higher once the low fuel light has start glowing, it will remain stagnant or go down.
Yuppo. The kms shown are just a calculation of the fuel left and the current mileage the car is calculating. The first time I got that indicator was when I was cruising on the highways - it showed me 70kms to empty. Since then I have been mostly getting figures between 40 to 50 kms, mainly due to the lower mileages on the city drives.
Old 16th February 2012, 20:31   #250
Senior - BHPian

Both of you seem to be right. When the electric ORVM was added to the polo and they removed the one touch up/down, pinch protection from the feature list. Convenience operation of power windows using remote will also not work due to the fact that one touch up/down isnt active on the car. This change was done in 2011, so all recent polo's shouldnt sport either of these features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Absolutely right. Strangely they removed auto up down and rear controls for driver. My 2010 model had that and Vento 2012 has it. Strangely, the chrome plated light switch is missing for trend line type switch. My friend who took delivery with me, had leather steering missing. Why can't they be consistent!

Last edited by bala80 : 16th February 2012 at 20:32.
Old 25th February 2012, 18:50   #251
BHPian

Hi! Wanted clarification from the forum regarding the air curculation mode selector while Ac is in auto mode. I was not able to use the internal air circulation mode while in ACC mode. Could somebody pl clarify.
Old 26th February 2012, 00:06   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Hi! Wanted clarification from the forum regarding the air curculation mode selector while Ac is in auto mode. I was not able to use the internal air circulation mode while in ACC mode. Could somebody pl clarify.
If you are referring to the Vento , there is a button which shows the air circulation mode. When you press it , there is a 're-circulation' icon which appears in the AC console display which shows that it has been activated. Unlike most other cars , when the AC is in ventilation mode there is no specific icon which appears - the re-circulation icon just vanishes
Hope that helps
Old 27th February 2012, 08:51   #253
BHPian

For BHP'ians closely watching this thread for Vento VAS features, I've posted the VAS feature list in the below link. Would come in handy for your car.

I used them to get some features activated on my car delivered yesterday.

Vento VAS Feature List
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 13:40   #254
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks - Parking Lights

One feature that I am seeing in the Vento for the first time, though I am assured that most Euro cars can do it:

Park the car, switch off all your lights including park lights, remove the key.

Now switch the indicator stalk to whichever side of the car faces the road (ie to right turn (UP) or left turn (DOWN) position).

Exit the car and look at your parking lights.

You will notice that only the park lights on the side of the car that you selected with the turn indicator control are switched on.

I think this is a fantastic battery-saver, as you can leave the car perfectly visible to other motorists while at the same time saving on battery power by not having all the lights on.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:06   #255
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks - Parking Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
One feature that I am seeing in the Vento for the first time, though I am assured that most Euro cars can do it:
I'm not sure this is feature/warning?. Someone here said it just an warning that says you put the indicator on??

Today morning I noticed one feature which is, when car is moving you can't open the trunk. Even though I press the switch couple of times it didn't open. When I stopped the car, it did open.

This happened when I have to open the boot for my office 'security' check-up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks