Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 17:33   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Not sure about the elderly people, but as far as the kids are concerned. As discussed a lot of times on this forum, the kids need to be strictly on the rear seat, and nowhere other than the rear seat. This is strictly implemented in all the other countries in Europe and US, alas in our country the traffic police is more interested in checking which state the registration of the vehicle belongs to...

I have a 4 month old daughter and no matter what happens, my wife sits on the rear seat, with the baby in the car seat. This is very important!
I completely agree with you . Frankly this particular point about the lock has been discussed for pages on this particular thread itself as well as on the official Vento thread , I don't think any new aspect is left which can be brought forward by discussing it any further ! It would be a great idea to read the earlier posts

Last edited by souravc : 24th May 2012 at 17:35.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:03   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Yes. You would also note that under normal circumstance the "distance to empty" updates and adjusts according to the economical drive you are having i.e. it increases if you have driven a decent distance on an economy drive and will go down if your average consumption is high due to heavy traffic or spirited driving. Once the car is low on fuel , even if you hyper mile the MID would not increase the distance to empty -it can only decrease.. quirky but useful IMO
Yesterday I got delivery of my car. The DTE at that time showed 80KM. The fuel meter was around 75% of 1/4 symbol. Dealership told me they had put 10L of petrol in it. Now I drove home with that (about 10KM). Then in the evening I again took the car out to go to fuel station. Remarkably at that time DTE showed 90 KM!

Just like naveen.raju I also think the horn and key (especially for the trunk lid)
need superhuman strength to operate. Having been used to i10 (horn is so easy to operate in that one), Vento requires very firm push! On the key for boot lid it needs really good amount of pressing. I wanted to impress my wife yesterday to show her how the boot can be opened by the key but it didnt work (applied normal pressure as for lock/unlock). It was embarassing and I had to use the key to manually open the boot! Later I tried hard enough (when I was alone) and it worked. Volkswagen!!!
Old 9th June 2012, 12:19   #333
Senior - BHPian

@joslicx, there is a definite click that you can experience while depressing the boot opening button on the remote. The key needs to be pressed a little on the mid to the front side of that particular button and also it needs a continuous hold, its not just one click. Guess you just need to get used to it
Old 9th June 2012, 12:42   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Yesterday I got delivery of my car. The DTE at that time showed 80KM. The fuel meter was around 75% of 1/4 symbol. Dealership told me they had put 10L of petrol in it. Now I drove home with that (about 10KM). Then in the evening I again took the car out to go to fuel station. Remarkably at that time DTE showed 90 KM!

Just like naveen.raju I also think the horn and key (especially for the trunk lid)
need superhuman strength to operate. Having been used to i10 (horn is so easy to operate in that one), Vento requires very firm push! On the key for boot lid it needs really good amount of pressing. I wanted to impress my wife yesterday to show her how the boot can be opened by the key but it didnt work (applied normal pressure as for lock/unlock). It was embarassing and I had to use the key to manually open the boot! Later I tried hard enough (when I was alone) and it worked. Volkswagen!!!
You need to press and hold for 2-3 seconds. Needs normal pressure.
Old 9th June 2012, 16:06   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
You need to press and hold for 2-3 seconds. Needs normal pressure.
Thanks Abhinav. Yes we just need to press it longer. I was trying it same as the lock/unlock buttons earlier. It is quirky, at least the first time..
Old 10th June 2012, 02:39   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DTE is an approximation and gets impacted by the immediate past FE . So if you do hypermiling the DTE would improve and likewise if you face traffic the DTE may reduce .

Quote:
As others mentioned the boot lid open key has to be pressed down for a few seconds applying normal pressure . If you want to impress anyone , roll up and roll down the windows using the remote key - its surely makes an impression
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 11:42   #337
BHPian

Hi fellow Vento-ens did any one try the speed warning on the MFD? I managed to set it at 100km/h but didnt notice any audible warning when i touched 100kmph other than MFD blinking. Has any one tried this? is there an audible alarm?
Old 11th June 2012, 12:00   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi fellow Vento-ens did any one try the speed warning on the MFD? I managed to set it at 100km/h but didnt notice any audible warning when i touched 100kmph other than MFD blinking. Has any one tried this? is there an audible alarm?
There's only a single beep (through the MID, not car speakers. So if you have music playing at anything above 5, you'll miss the beep.)
Old 11th June 2012, 14:27   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have and the warning is the same as the chime which sounds while indicating low fuel
Old 11th June 2012, 14:52   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
There's only a single beep (through the MID, not car speakers. So if you have music playing at anything above 5, you'll miss the beep.)
Quote:
I have and the warning is the same as the chime which sounds while indicating low fuel
And for parking brake (indicator). I think we can very well assume the same chime would be re-used for all the indicators/warnings on the MID.
Old 11th June 2012, 15:47   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And for parking brake (indicator). I think we can very well assume the same chime would be re-used for all the indicators/warnings on the MID.
Yeah its the same chime even when you have a major mechanical problem like over heating or brakes, the MID can keep on chiming and nobody will notice it over the lightest of music

I think it should fade out the music, beep through the speakers and fade in the music again (or not at all for major warnings)
Old 12th June 2012, 10:49   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DTE is an approximation and gets impacted by the immediate past FE . So if you do hypermiling the DTE would improve and likewise if you face traffic the DTE may reduce .
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is hypermiling? And how would it affect DTE?

Been on tbhp for years now but still keep learning new things!
Old 12th June 2012, 12:08   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is hypermiling? And how would it affect DTE?

Been on tbhp for years now but still keep learning new things!
Light on the accelerator without any sudden acceleration which helps one to achieve superb mileage figures . The DTE is dependent on the rolling average mileage achieved multiplied by the detected amount of fuel left in the tank . So DTE is likely to show increased value if one is light on the pedal (thus achieving high mileage) . I believ it will show higher DTE even on broken roads as the car is likely to "sense" a higher amount of fuel in the tank with it sloshing around . Thus DTE is at best a rough estimation, nothing more
Old 12th June 2012, 17:37   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Planned acceleration and braking on the road is hypermiling. You let the car coast as much as possible and avoid pressing the accelerator for too long. When you accelerate less, the rate of consumption of fuel is less and so the DTE increases.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:40   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
It works as the others have said.In fact even I was complaining early on that there is only one melodious beep that can easily be drowned out by say metal playing on the stereo

But there is another thing: when the beep sounds, the MID goes into suspended animation with only the limit speed (in your case 100 kmph) flashing over and over on the display screen. It is pretty effective especially if you are in the habit of glancing at the MID every now and then as I am.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks