Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 10:40   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

I did not get the auto lock activated because I am used to locking the doors after putting the seat belts. I dont have to wait for it to hit 20kms or so many seconds.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:50   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Autolock happens if I open the car remotely and don't reach it within about 45 seconds (not measured exactly). I think it's a very good feature: sometimes I open the car in a public lot and stroll casually towards it: someone may spot the opportunity and try to grab something before I reach it.

But what I noticed is that if I open a door (and close it again) the car doesn't auto-lock. e.g. while washing it.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:10   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Autolock happens if I open the car remotely and don't reach it within about 45 seconds (not measured exactly). I think it's a very good feature: sometimes I open the car in a public lot and stroll casually towards it: someone may spot the opportunity and try to grab something before I reach it.

But what I noticed is that if I open a door (and close it again) the car doesn't auto-lock. e.g. while washing it.
You are right noopster. If you unlock the car remotely and do not open any of the doors in about 30 secs, the car will lock itself up. But if you open any of the door and close it again, the car would not lock it automatically.

Auto unlock on key removal from ignition is activated in my car. Irrespective of whether car is running or ignition is off after a journey, if any of the passenger door is opened, all doors get unlocked (the lock key stops glowing and the unlock key starts glowing in the driver side door panel), whereas when this feature was not activated then only that door used to unlock which has been opened from inside and rest all remained locked (the lock key glow stays).

I think, the previous setup was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Ninja , did you close all the doors and keep the ignition key out of the key slot ? I am pretty much sure that my car auto locks - can't re check it now as I am travelling but will surely do in case its a mistake on my part and let you know ( I am back on 5th May).

Maybe Noops, Evilshantanu can also check since our cars are similar vintage ( pre refreshed with motion sensors )
Yesterday after returning from office when i reached my residence parking, i switched off the ignition, pulled the key out from ignition (this unlocked the doors) and waited for about 3-4 minutes but the car did not lock it up automatically.

So even I do not think this auto-lock feature is available. You are only special one here

Regards,
Aniket

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 27th April 2012 at 16:19. Reason: Multiquote
Old 27th April 2012, 22:42   #304
BHPian

The more I think about the time controlled auto-locking feature, it is better not to have it. I dont think any of us would carry two keys with us anyway

Also, I got the lock/unlock siren enabled as I wanted some form of audio feedback. But as there is no separate speaker for this feature, it uses the same car horn with one beep for locking & two beeps for unlocking. It feels a little awkward with the sound at a peaceful area, but will have to live with it; worst case scenario: I may get it disabled.
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:05   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I think the only anti-theft system present currently is the engine immobilizer. Dont think there is any burglar alarm in place with the removal of surveilliance system. People who own the recent variants can confirm this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Guys, interior surveillance system/motion sensors have been given a miss in the 2012 Vento ( I guess this feature was removed from Oct 11 batches onwards, when the Steering mounted control and other features were added). So, what is the current anti-theft system available in the new Vento? And how does it work? I mean, if the car is locked, and an unauthorized access or door locks/windows are tampered, then how would the car alert?
I think the motion sensor is missed on the 2012 Vento. I own a Vento TDI Highline bought last week (Special thanks to Team-BHP for helping me to a right choice). I have been following this thread throughout.
I checked this by making someone sit on rear, locked the car and asked them to shake the car, entire car was shaking but no alarm went out.

I am unable to locate the alarm disable button beneath the driver seat, can someone point it on to me .
Old 4th May 2012, 07:26   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
I am unable to locate the alarm disable button beneath the driver seat, can someone point it on to me .
That button was there to switch off the motion sensor (if there are people in the car when locked / when towing the car). So it must have gone out with the motion sensor in the 2012 Vento. If you were to locate it in the older Vento, it is directly below the seat belt adjuster, down close to the driver seat.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 12:15   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
That button was there to switch off the motion sensor (if there are people in the car when locked / when towing the car). So it must have gone out with the motion sensor in the 2012 Vento. If you were to locate it in the older Vento, it is directly below the seat belt adjuster, down close to the driver seat.
Thanks Nileshch. Which confirms that there is no motion sensor alarm in 2012 models.

Is there any burglar alarm that comes fitted with the car or is it just the immobilizer?

Came across this video today on Vento's immobilizer.

Last edited by Chuchan : 4th May 2012 at 12:30.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:40   #308
Senior - BHPian

I think it is only engine immobilizer, Interior survellience is gone for sure. Try to open the car with some key when it is locked, if it doesnt make any noise/alert we can safely conclude there is no other anti-theft device installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post

Is there any burglar alarm that comes fitted with the car or is it just the immobilizer?
Old 5th May 2012, 14:02   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Yesterday after returning from office when i reached my residence parking, i switched off the ignition, pulled the key out from ignition (this unlocked the doors) and waited for about 3-4 minutes but the car did not lock it up automatically.

So even I do not think this auto-lock feature is available. You are only special one here

Regards,
Aniket
I was mistaken , my car also does not have it
Old 7th May 2012, 08:31   #310
Senior - BHPian

On Saturday, I had visited the service centre for some repairs. Since they removed the battery or something, the auto up and down feature of the window glasses were not working and neither did the glass up/down through the remote.

I played around bringing the windows up and down and it started working for 3 windows other than the driver side one. The SA came and enabled it for all windows by doing something.

What he did was holding the window up button for driver window continuously and once it came to the complete closed position, released it and held it up again. This is supposed to enable the feature !

VW has some weird ways of enabling different features. But nothing could beat the turning off traction control in Lexus GS, where you had to do some 10 different things in a predetermined order!
Old 7th May 2012, 22:34   #311
BHPian

I dont knw if this is already known. But if your Low fuel indicator is on and u switch on the ignition, after the initial check (engine/brakes/PS etc) the car chimes stating there is a warning (for low fuel)
Old 8th May 2012, 11:45   #312
Senior - BHPian

True, the procedure is detailed in your ownership manual too. Anti pinch protection and convenience closing using remote also depends on one-touch up/down function of all windows.

Also, the VAS features like auto lock/unlock need to be re-activated if the battery terminals are disconnected during service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
VW has some weird ways of enabling different features.
Old 8th May 2012, 17:41   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
On Saturday, I had visited the service centre for some repairs. Since they removed the battery or something, the auto up and down feature of the window glasses were not working and neither did the glass up/down through the remote.

I played around bringing the windows up and down and it started working for 3 windows other than the driver side one. The SA came and enabled it for all windows by doing something.

What he did was holding the window up button for driver window continuously and once it came to the complete closed position, released it and held it up again. This is supposed to enable the feature !
I will also give it a try. On my car sometimes all features including remote operation of windows work some other times they don't. I find it really irritating. But will try this option now.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:52   #314
BHPian

Not sure if this has been quoted before, but after engine is stopped and keys are removed from ignition, the windows can be operated through the power window switches for a couple of minutes. Only after few mins, does the power supply is disconnected.

Here is what happened :

While returning from Matheran, stopped by at a fruit shop. I turned off the ignition , took the keys out, left rear windows open as I had passengers in the rear seat and went out of the car along with the keys. While I was just chit-chatting with rear passengers from outsite the car, my mom-in-law operated the window. It rolled up. I asked her to roll it down - it rolled down. I was shocked and surprised to see this since keys were with me and car was not in ignition. Then after a couple of minutes, it stopped operating. This does not work if the engine is stopped for long. Like, after the lunch break I went to the car, unlocked it and then tried - it did not work. Then just turned the ignition on, then turned it off again and then tried - still it did not work.

Did not try much then and started the journey. Again at next stop I turned off the engine, pulled the key out and tried - IT WORKED!!

So, after a drive when you switch off the engine and even if you pull out the keys, the windows can be operated from inside using the power window switches for a couple of minutes. Only after few minutes, the entire power supply is disconnected and windows cannot be operated through the switches.

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 15th May 2012 at 17:55. Reason: typo correction.
Old 15th May 2012, 21:39   #315
BHPian

I am Skoda Rapid owner. Was going through this thread as both the cars are the same in almost all the sense. Couldn't see anyone talking about the right wiper blade not able to be pulled to the front for washing because of the bonnet lid. The car has a built-in solution for this. After switching off ignition (it works even immediately after taking off the key), press the wiper stalk down once. The wiper blade will come to half way and stay there (service position). You can now pull them front to clean the windshield. The next time when you switch on ignition push the wiper stalk again and it will go back to the idle position.
rajni is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks