Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 19:10   #346
BHPian

Any one has used the 3m window channel dresser and lubricant on the vento beading? The squeaking is killing me :( any solution for making the beading soft and porous?
Old 13th June 2012, 22:57   #347
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks

why don't you show it in the service center. They fixed the sounds for me and its still holding effectively after 3000 kms too. (Total kms is 34000).
OR have you done that and its still quacking, sorry, squeaking.hehe
Old 13th June 2012, 23:51   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised
why don't you show it in the service center. They fixed the sounds for me and its still holding effectively after 3000 kms too. (Total kms is 34000).
OR have you done that and its still quacking, sorry, squeaking.hehe
Do u remember what they did exactly for the beading noise?
Old 13th June 2012, 23:55   #349
BHPian

They removed all the beading and cleaned it. (this is what they told me)
And they also told me this usually happens due to the excess heating the beading when car is parked in sunlight every day and dust also have a small part in it.
Old 14th June 2012, 06:49   #350
Senior - BHPian

There is a TSB issued by VW in this very same thread, which talks about the cause of this noise and a possible resolution. Do a search and you will come to know. From personal experience and fellow members experience, none of these has worked over a long term and that fact is well documented too by member souravc. Do read through and you will understand the reason behind the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Do u remember what they did exactly for the beading noise?
Old 14th June 2012, 07:37   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
There is a TSB issued by VW in this very same thread, which talks about the cause of this noise and a possible resolution. Do a search and you will come to know. From personal experience and fellow members experience, none of these has worked over a long term and that fact is well documented too by member souravc. Do read through and you will understand the reason behind the same.
Thanks Bala. Another thing, is this problem present in all VW vehicles? Or just limited to vento? Is it also present in polo , the new jetta? What about rapid? Have the skodas solved it?
Your responses would help me isolate and solve this issue
Old 14th June 2012, 07:47   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it also present in polo , the new jetta? What about rapid? Have the skodas solved it?
Issue is not seen in Polo's!

Cheers!
Old 14th June 2012, 07:54   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10

Issue is not seen in Polo's!

Cheers!
With the same beading design and part its strange to know that polo doesn't have this issue. Good for the polo-ens
Old 14th June 2012, 09:38   #354
Senior - BHPian

I think the doors themselves do not shut tight. With the doors tight, the beading should not be moving and making that sound.
Even when going over rough roads, the doors (or beadings) make some noise. I tried putting some pressure on the door to see this and think that is the cause.

I want to change the tyres also little earlier to go with something thats comfortable than the harder Apollos that might be contributing its own bit while moving.

Last edited by srishiva : 14th June 2012 at 09:40.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:30   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think the doors themselves do not shut tight. With the doors tight, the beading should not be moving and making that sound.
Even when going over rough roads, the doors (or beadings) make some noise. I tried putting some pressure on the door to see this and think that is the cause.
That's true with my car too. When I press against the doors, they had a play of about 0.5 cm which is significant. Because I clean the inner sides of the doors & the door sills once a week, I haven't seem to have this squeaking sound till now. However, on very rough roads, I get the squeaks, which I think, will be there in any car, even a brand new one.

I reckon that the beading on the Vento doors is too soft which brings about the play and hence the sqeaking. VW should replace these with harder beadings.
Old 14th June 2012, 18:19   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch

That's true with my car too. When I press against the doors, they had a play of about 0.5 cm which is significant. Because I clean the inner sides of the doors & the door sills once a week, I haven't seem to have this squeaking sound till now. However, on very rough roads, I get the squeaks, which I think, will be there in any car, even a brand new one.

I reckon that the beading on the Vento doors is too soft which brings about the play and hence the sqeaking. VW should replace these with harder beadings.
On the contrary, the beading on vento is super hard which also makes it rigid and non porous. Ideally the beading should be much softer. In most the cars the beading can be afford to make soft as the door has full frame and the beading is embedded inside. In vento the beading is on the metal frame ( especially frame around the windows ) which makes them hard and rigid
Old 14th June 2012, 22:24   #357
BHPian

Quote:
On the contrary, the beading on vento is super hard which also makes it rigid and non porous. Ideally the beading should be much softer. In most the cars the beading can be afford to make soft as the door has full frame and the beading is embedded inside. In vento the beading is on the metal frame ( especially frame around the windows ) which makes them hard and rigid
If the beading was hard, closing the door would require a lot of force -- which isn't the case. Also how do you explain the play in the door? Close the door and lean against it. It gets depressed significantly. A hard beading would in fact reduce the squeaks and it would firmly hold up against the metal frame, even on rough roads. Also, in my car, the beading is so soft I can pull and stretch it easily.

However, hard or soft is just speculation. For all we know, it could also be that the beading is not tight enough and the gaps between the beading and the metal frame are where the squeaks are produced.
Old 15th June 2012, 08:29   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch

If the beading was hard, closing the door would require a lot of force -- which isn't the case. Also how do you explain the play in the door? Close the door and lean against it. It gets depressed significantly. A hard beading would in fact reduce the squeaks and it would firmly hold up against the metal frame, even on rough roads. Also, in my car, the beading is so soft I can pull and stretch it easily.

However, hard or soft is just speculation. For all we know, it could also be that the beading is not tight enough and the gaps between the beading and the metal frame are where the squeaks are produced.
Agree! I compared the beefing softness with the Honda cars. Just compare if you have any Honda near by.

Hopefully we get it solved some how
Old 18th June 2012, 09:46   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Agree! I compared the beefing softness with the Honda cars. Just compare if you have any Honda near by.

Hopefully we get it solved some how
I have the noise coming out of the beadings and as quoted by me elsewhere , there seems to be no solution in sight. What I have noticed is that the front door beading seem to be more spongy compared to the rear doors . Probably that makes it wobble when we go over uneven roads. It is a design issue and am not sure why only certain cars are affected ???
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:03   #360
BHPian

When I had complained of this problem to Service center they applied some lubricant to all door beadings. The noise has surely reduced, however its still heard at times :(

It seems they do not have another solution for this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks