Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 15:47   #3241
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahadevan View Post
Thanks SDP, Will Connect with the folks at Mahindra. Any ideas on what the brake pads should last on an average?

Any one else experiencing that squeak/squeal from the front brakes?

Also attaching pix of my replaced brakepads .
Please escalate to Mahindra Customer Care. They respond very promptly.

Also please share these pictures with them as I too feel these are in perfect condition and do not warrant a replacement.

Cheeerzz

-Sisu
Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 15:36   #3242
BHPian

After 5 months and nearly 8000 Km of running, I encountered my first niggle. The RPAS started misbehaving. After engaging the reverse gear the Infotainment display didnt show the sensors and even the white reversing light did not come on. As this is very dangerous while reversing at night decided to Visit the service centre where they reseated a plug inside the bonnet. Have not encountered the same issue again. Upon asking, the service personnel just told that the plug might have gotten loose. Can anyone shed some light on why it might be happening.
Old 9th April 2015, 21:42   #3243
BHPian

I have been a regular follower of this thread and have finally made up my mind to go for the cheetah, am booking one in next 15 days. I heard that the entire brake Assy has been replaced by M&M for brake pad wear and the new ones don't wear out so fast. Any comments, as 10K for a set seems too less.

Also I am still confused as regards to,the colour of the cheetah Grey, purple, silver or white. IMO all 4 look great any suggestions to bolster my decision are welcome.
Old 12th April 2015, 07:42   #3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I have been a regular follower of this thread and have finally made up my mind to go for the cheetah, am booking one in next 15 days. I heard that the entire brake Assy has been replaced by M&M for brake pad wear and the new ones don't wear out so fast. Any comments, as 10K for a set seems too less.

Also I am still confused as regards to,the colour of the cheetah Grey, purple, silver or white. IMO all 4 look great any suggestions to bolster my decision are welcome.

I have a November 2013 white xuv 5oo w8, I have done 17900 km till now without any brake pad issues.
As for colour weigh between what your heart says and what logic says about the maintenance.
I allowed my wife to decide!
Old 12th April 2015, 07:45   #3245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Please escalate to Mahindra Customer Care. They respond very promptly.

Also please share these pictures with them as I too feel these are in perfect condition and do not warrant a replacement.

Cheeerzz

-Sisu

I too experience these squeaking noises at slow speed braking, though it seems ok. I have driven my Nov 2013 w8 17900 km.
Old 12th April 2015, 09:30   #3246
BHPian

I faced the squeaking break issue during breaking on my Mar14 XUV W6. I reported this during my first service. Mahindra QC engineers happened to be visiting, and they found the issue to be with rear breaks. They replaced all the pads. Even after the replacement, issue persisted for some time, but lately have not been hearing the noise.
Old 13th April 2015, 07:37   #3247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
6) I've hardly used the windshield washer 3 or 4 times and the tank is empty. Filled up about a liter of water yesterday in it and today there is no spray coming out of it. Also, I was asked to fill water in that every 15 days. Why?? Does it evaporate on it's own? Or does the heat of the engine play some role in this?
Hi, Did you find a solution to it? What did the M&M guys had to say about it? Mine has the same problem and I am looking forward to get the same raised at the first service.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:31   #3248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Hi, Did you find a solution to it? What did the M&M guys had to say about it? Mine has the same problem and I am looking forward to get the same raised at the first service.
No I haven't yet found the time to take the car to the service center. But i am not going to wait for first service. Will get the motor replaced this weekend.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:37   #3249
BHPian

Do you see bluish white soapy deposits near the nozzles?
I faced kind of a similar problem or may be early stages of this problem, one nozzle had lesser pressure than the other. I used a small pin and carefully cleaned the deposits the nozzles and it is much better now.
Old 14th April 2015, 15:56   #3250
BHPian

Mouse in the XUV - I took the vehicle for a special checkup prior to a long trip, and noticed that some of the insulation on the underside of the bonnet was missing. The RM at IG Mahadevpura, Bangalore immediately diagnosed it as 'Rat Entry', and showed me some droppings, as well as the place behind the engine where the critter had accumulated the stuff. The insulation material may be fire-retardant, but its accumulation so close to the hot engine could be a fire risk.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and solved it successfully? My XUV has done only 3600 km, so the rodent was quick. Or probably the mouse comes as standard equipment along with the GUI.

Thanks.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:56   #3251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Mouse in the XUV - I took the vehicle for a special checkup prior to a long trip, and noticed that some of the insulation on the underside of the bonnet was missing. The RM at IG Mahadevpura, Bangalore immediately diagnosed it as 'Rat Entry', and showed me some droppings, as well as the place behind the engine where the critter had accumulated the stuff. The insulation material may be fire-retardant, but its accumulation so close to the hot engine could be a fire risk.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and solved it successfully? My XUV has done only 3600 km, so the rodent was quick. Or probably the mouse comes as standard equipment along with the GUI.

Thanks.
Even our D Bhpian SDP had this issue in his XUV and he came up with this idea. Here is the link

But the mystery is, has it resolved the issue or not? Only SDP can answer
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 18:00   #3252
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even our D Bhpian SDP had this issue in his XUV and he came up with this idea. Here is the link

But the mystery is, has it resolved the issue or not? Only SDP can answer

It has solved the problem for me. Will replace with fresh bottles just before the monsoon hits Mumbai in another 1-1.5 months. With rain water flooding the rat-holes, they tend to find refuge in the cars nearby.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:20   #3253
BHPian

Outside smell seeping in has always been a problem even with the AC in recirculation mode. But it was still OK with me, till recently, as I only smelt it occasionally when the car was driven through long streches of smoke or stink outside.

But nowadays, it appears the smell just seeps in the moment I drive into a smoke or stink. During my last trip to kerala, I had to lower my windows multiple times to clear the air especially after driving behind a smoke emitting truck or auto or a stinking stretch.

I have heard the only way to get this sorted out is to remove the entire dash and reassemble it. Not something which I actually wanted to do and the reason I decided to bear with the issue so far. But the smell seeping in so strongly, especially when its the poisonous gases emitted by the vehicles, I really would want to get it sorted out for good. So anyone has got this smell issue sorted out by this approach or some other way...

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 16:03   #3254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Ok got one small niggle today. While reversing, the revers sensors are not working. I also noticed that the reverse lights (white lights) are not glowing when you put the gear in reverse. So i am guessing that its not the reverse bulbs thats gone kaput, but maybe the fuse or something right??
nitinralli I faced this exact same issue. Sometimes it used to work and the other times refused to. I took my XUV to the service station and told them whats happening. The RPAS started working there properly so I was told that they cannot do anything as the issue is not occuring. Finally after some persuasion they opened the bonnet and reseated a switch. (Forgot what the switch was for). Havent come across that again. What was the solution given to you?
Old 17th April 2015, 15:21   #3255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I have heard the only way to get this sorted out is to remove the entire dash and reassemble it. Not something which I actually wanted to do and the reason I decided to bear with the issue so far.
FundaG
Even I was told on the same thing at KTC in Kochi. And for this they may need a day or more as it is a tedious job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks