Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2015, 18:58   #3481
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
I was also advised that it's not possible to skimm the break discs on the XUV and if there are any scratches or any wear, the break disc has to be replaced.
Now this seems to be a scammy story. Why can the brake discs not be skimmed? What is their thickness range recommended by M&M?
Old 24th August 2015, 01:31   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Now this seems to be a scammy story. Why can the brake discs not be skimmed? What is their thickness range recommended by M&M?
Well, this "scammy" story was told to me by one SA at Global Galaries thane. I did not investigate further about the tolerances of break disc for skimming, because my break discs were fine. I will be visiting the service Center for 40k service within the next month, I will find out how true it is.
My only intention was to share what the SA told me and not to misguide anyone or propagate any untrue ideas.
msk016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 21:44   #3483
BHPian

Hey RajshreeM,

Sorry to hear about this.
I had a windshield replacement as well. It was done by the Mahindra folks themselves. All the sensors are working fine and its almost 8 months I got that done. All good.

So may I suggest that you get it checked by the service centre folks, especially when Windshield Experts have not been able to solve it?

I have heard good things about them and I was about to get it done from them but then decided to stick to my usual service centre folks at Bangalore. And they did a neat job @ Sireesh Auto, Marthahalli. If it helps, Raju was the body shop chief who helped me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajshreeM View Post
Hi All,
My windshield cracked from a stone hit on a highway recently. ICICI Lombard contacted Windshield Experts, a Gurgaon based company with 4 branches in Bangalore. The replaced the windshield at my door. So far all good. While fixing the sensor-disc back into the glass, I noticed them using a hair gel in the disc chamber. When I asked they said it's normal. Also, I could see bubbles from the outside which said that the gel hadn't been applied evenly. But the Experts ignored that as well and assured it's going to be all right. In a week I realized that the sensors have stopped working. In auto mode the wipers won't work, and the lights stay on in constant intensity. When I called back the Experts, they wiped off the gel clean from the disc chamber, and left it empty this time, saying it's going to work that way. But another week, and the same problem persists - no sensor response. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Has this issue been discussed in this thread earlier or in any other thread - please someone point me to it. Else, if anyone can help me resolve this or advice, i'd be super happy!
carChef is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 17:56   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
And even if they call, I will not do upgrade unless I understand whats the exact problem. Why fix something that isn't broken?
Very true.
Why fix something that isn't broken and might end up getting something else broken during the process. Even this is a possibility.
I faced such a situation in which I had sent my Scorpio s10 to Sridurga in delhi for a small work but a xuv driven by their employee hit my stationary truck and caused damage to both the vehicles.

Though they apologised n changed the defective part of my truck but still.

So, think twice before sending ur vehicle for some work which is otherwise not must.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:36   #3485
BHPian

Any one know where I can get a replacement handbrake silver plastic? As usual, Mahindra build quality shows its awesomeness and its getting on my nerves.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1440605123362.jpg

Also had the rear view mirror replaced after it fell off. I've never seen a 2 year old car with so many issues.
Old 26th August 2015, 23:06   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Any one know where I can get a replacement handbrake silver plastic? As usual, Mahindra build quality shows its awesomeness and its getting on my nerves.

Also had the rear view mirror replaced after it fell off. I've never seen a 2 year old car with so many issues.
Just get it sticked, The same handbrake silver plastic came off for me too, And the guys at the service center just got it glued, You can also DIY.
Old 27th August 2015, 07:12   #3487

XUV 500 W8 - recall reg coolant pipe and nozzles

I have XUV500 W8, Manf Feb/2015, ODO 4300 km. My dealer called the vehicle and told me the they need to recall / replace the coolant pipe and its nozzles. I paid for the coolant (Rs 490/-). Any other member with similar experience ? Whats this about ?
Old 27th August 2015, 14:06   #3488
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV 500 W8 - recall reg coolant pipe and nozzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbahar View Post
I have XUV500 W8, Manf Feb/2015, ODO 4300 km.
I remember few members mentioning about getting call for some ECU update last week. This is the first time I am hearing regarding coolant hose.

Also, I don't think you will have to pay for the coolant. Take up that issue with your SA/ RM.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:01   #3489
BHPian

Hi, During one of my trips around Bangalore, I had few occupants seated on the last row of my Xuv5oo, while we reached our destination I as usual tried to unlock the middle row (40-split ) seat for alighting the last row occupants. T

o my surprise the seat never unlocked, tried all options of banging, pulling and after a few tries it luckily unlocked. The next day I took my car to the ASC, India Garage, Bangalore, the ASC was quick enough and swung into action, he assigned a technician, John, to inspect the problem. As he was dismantling the seat he found the bracket which hooks itself on the bracket on the floor never interlocking, he tried repairing it and finally found it defective and requested a replacement from the RM. It was replaced.

While this was carried out, I was standing and witnessing this process all the while and to my surprise I found the metal portion of the seat (40 split) had rust (pictures attached) formed over it at few places and the vehicle at this time was hardly 2 months old since my purchase in Jun 2014. I have written an email to Mahindra last week (22 Aug 2015) requesting inspection of all the seats. Awaiting their reply.

I understand I should have written an email earlier but this issue was taken up at this time due to another issues that surfaced few weeks ago. I will post about that issue in the coming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-dsc_0034.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-dsc_0035.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 27th August 2015 at 15:45. Reason: Spacing
Old 27th August 2015, 16:08   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
Hi, During one of my trips around Bangalore, I had few occupants seated on the last row of my Xuv5oo, while we reached our destination I as usual tried to unlock the middle row (40-split ) seat for alighting the last row occupants. T

o my surprise the seat never unlocked, tried all options of banging, pulling and after a few tries it luckily unlocked. The next day I took my car to the ASC, India Garage, Bangalore, the ASC was quick enough and swung into action, he assigned a technician, John, to inspect the problem. As he was dismantling the seat he found the bracket which hooks itself on the bracket on the floor never interlocking, he tried repairing it and finally found it defective and requested a replacement from the RM. It was replaced.

While this was carried out, I was standing and witnessing this process all the while and to my surprise I found the metal portion of the seat (40 split) had rust (pictures attached) formed over it at few places and the vehicle at this time was hardly 2 months old since my purchase in Jun 2014. I have written an email to Mahindra last week (22 Aug 2015) requesting inspection of all the seats. Awaiting their reply.

I understand I should have written an email earlier but this issue was taken up at this time due to another issues that surfaced few weeks ago. I will post about that issue in the coming weeks.
Benroth - I had a similar issue of seat getting stuck and while repairing found rust in the metal parts. Reported this to service manager who in turn reported this to Mahindra. Have not heard anything after that. But I found this with other vehicles in the showroom. It looks like due to oxidation
Old 27th August 2015, 17:50   #3491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Benroth - I had a similar issue of seat getting stuck and while repairing found rust in the metal parts. Reported this to service manager who in turn reported this to Mahindra. Have not heard anything after that. But I found this with other vehicles in the showroom. It looks like due to oxidation
Lol, same issue. The RM said rusting not covered under warranty. They said if I took the anti-rust package, it would be covered. I said not to bother. Will deal with it in good time.

This was the quotation they gave me when my A/C coil packed up and I sent it for repair under warranty. I rejected all the treatments, except the AC gas (obviously) and the compressor oil. They even charged 8.89 rupees plus tax for Fevikwik

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-mahinr.jpg

And despite asking for NO AC DISINFECTANT 'treatment', I got a second treatment in one week anyway (I asked for NO DISINFECTANT in the service I did the previous week). I still have mosquitos in my car so no idea what they did in this 'disinfectant treatment'

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-mahindra2.jpg

Last edited by djpeesh : 27th August 2015 at 17:56.
Old 28th August 2015, 10:50   #3492
BHPian

Yes, I understand some of the treatments done are never qualitative! Yesterday second half I received a call from India Garage, Bangalore, they accepted to get this treated (I am not sure what treatment) , I will be visiting the ASC tomorrow and shall accordingly share the pics provided they show me. This was done free of cost after I reported it to the Mahindra RM. So I believe it can be done by routing it through the appropriate channel. May be this was they shall oblige!
Old 30th August 2015, 08:03   #3493

XUV 500 W8 - interior rear view mirror fell off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
....Also had the rear view mirror replaced after it fell off. I've never seen a 2 year old car with so many issues.
My XUV 500 W8's interior rear view mirror fell of two weeks back ! How did you get it replaced ? Costs ? Under warranty ? My one is just 4 months old.
Old 30th August 2015, 14:34   #3494
BHPian

Hi, Need some advice. I have found my XUV's Under body engine protection cover aka stone guard massively sinking itself. I asked the ASC, the RM informed that it could have been that the vehicle would have hit any humps and could have clipped itself off and that could have caused it. However one of the technician who was called for a second inspection informed us that it would eventually sink itself over a period of time.

I have attached the pictures for better understanding.

Do I need to agree to what the ASC says or take it with appropriately?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20150830wa0016.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20150830wa0017.jpg  

Old 30th August 2015, 17:50   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
Hi, Need some advice. I have found my XUV's Under body engine protection cover aka stone guard massively sinking itself. I asked the ASC, the RM informed that it could have been that the vehicle would have hit any humps and could have clipped itself off and that could have caused it. However one of the technician who was called for a second inspection informed us that it would eventually sink itself over a period of time.
Its best to get your XUV lifted at your authorised service centre and check it out. I don't understand the logic behind this happening over a period of time. Its surely related to loose or lost clips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks