Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 19:41   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod View Post
any idea if any residue accumulates in the piston when used with diesel. as acetone being less soluble in diesel than petrol
Acetone is extremely volatile (boiling point 57 deg C) and flammable. If it is pure, there should not be any residue in the engine whether it is petrol or diesel at the engine operating temperature.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:51   #452
BHPian

Hats off to you man finetuning. I read a thread about mixing boric acid with oil sometime back and now Acetone in petrol.
Looks like all your vehicles are plying very smoothly compared to the rest of us.

Boric acid in the engine and Acetone in petrol. Wont they meet up somewhere in the engine?
Just asking.
Old 25th March 2010, 06:42   #453
BHPian

Hey Guys!

I am following the following regime for the last 5 fuel fills:
For every litre of fuel (Shell Super 91) add:
a) 1ml of Acetone (I have gone as high as 2ml also without problems)
b) 1ml of Agip 2T Synthetic Bike Oil
c) ABRO Octane Booster (About half of the 354 ml bottle per 40 litres of fuel)

I find that in this combo, my car responds the same as with Speed 97 which i was using previously & is now no longer available in Pune.

Same throttle response & general smoothness.
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:48   #454
BHPian

I tried hard to find out Acetone in my town (Jodhpur, RJ) but could not get it. I went to the medical market and asked for Acetone, none of them was able to understand. HOW CAN GET IT??
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:53   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
I tried hard to find out Acetone in my town (Jodhpur, RJ) but could not get it. I went to the medical market and asked for Acetone, none of them was able to understand. HOW CAN GET IT??
Ask for nail polish remover - the plain variety (some varieties have glycerine added to it as also a tinge of colour and sometimes a mild perfume too - DON"T use these!)
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:08   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Contact a local school or college and find out who sells them various chemicals for their labs. He will be able to supply you also.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:14   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Contact a local school or college and find out who sells them various chemicals for their labs. He will be able to supply you also.
I thought it is available at the chemist shop but I suppose I can find it at the Chemical shop.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:14   #458
BHPian

I am using the same formula in my Pulsar for the past 1 year. It makes a big difference in terms of smoothness, but the 2t is depositing in the exhaust as well as the valve seating. Got de carbonised last week and reduced the 2T to 0.1ml and its as smooth as the above concoction.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:19   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I am using the same formula in my Pulsar for the past 1 year. It makes a big difference in terms of smoothness, but the 2t is depositing in the exhaust as well as the valve seating. Got de carbonised last week and reduced the 2T to 0.1ml and its as smooth as the above concoction.
Forgive me if I have missed something, but does Pulsar need 2t oil in fuel??.. Doesn't 4 stroke engines perform rather badly on the long run by adding 2t in fuel?.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:35   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Forgive me if I have missed something, but does Pulsar need 2t oil in fuel??.. Doesn't 4 stroke engines perform rather badly on the long run by adding 2t in fuel?.
2t is adding for more lubrication and it's in less quantity. It's all Finetuning derived, not mine. But the difference is very much noticeable with and without.

Drawback is explained in my last post ie; de-carbonising. So I reduced the quantity to 0.1 ml/ltr.

Last edited by sajjt : 15th July 2010 at 10:39.
Old 21st March 2011, 11:28   #461
BHPian

Re: My Experience With Adding Acetone in Petrol

*bump*

Chanced upon this thread while searching for finetuning's other experiments. I've added 2ml/litre to my Scooty ES 2 stroke. No perceptible benefits yet after about 10 km of riding. Ride quality is as before with similar pickup/vibes.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 21st March 2011 at 11:29.
Old 8th May 2012, 19:38   #462
BHPian

Hi all,

I was going through this thread for a long time and in December 2011, I decided to use acetone on my Bajaj Discover that had covered 70000 kms. I took a chance as the bike was old and I was ready to screw the engine.

Now, after 10000 kms with Acetone I feel that my bike is behaving better.

It completed 80000 kms today and the way the engine responds is great. I did not notice any improvement in the fuel efficiency but the engine runs knock free.

The main advantage that I have found out is my clean plugs. I swear by acetone :-)
RenuKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 08:04   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
*bump*

Chanced upon this thread while searching for finetuning's other experiments. I've added 2ml/litre to my Scooty ES 2 stroke. No perceptible benefits yet after about 10 km of riding. Ride quality is as before with similar pickup/vibes.
mmxylorider, you need to run this for quite some time. Once all the muck is cleared from the system by the acetone....it will run MUCH better.
Old 17th November 2015, 01:12   #464
Senior - BHPian

Re: System G / D (IFTEX): yes or no?? The fuel additives thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
ADON is a product manufactured by Neo Petcon Pvt Ltd in Hyderabad. Their website is here
Thanks.

Just today, I started with Acetone (2.5 ml / lit) addition to Petrol. I have added 16 ml Acetone (Pure Acetone from Chemist shop) to the tank full (6.5 lit capacity) of my Mahindra Duro. The scooter is more than 4.5 years old. I changed the engine oil too.

Let me check the difference. I will get back on the forum.
Old 17th November 2015, 09:13   #465
BHPian

Re: System G / D (IFTEX): yes or no?? The fuel additives thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Thanks.

Just today, I started with Acetone (2.5 ml / lit) addition to Petrol. I have added 16 ml Acetone (Pure Acetone from Chemist shop) to the tank full (6.5 lit capacity) of my Mahindra Duro. The scooter is more than 4.5 years old. I changed the engine oil too.

Let me check the difference. I will get back on the forum.
Did you try cleaning your carb and injectors by soaking them in Acetone rather than adding it in the fuel ?

I saw a recent case in Bajaj service station, where the plastic connector tube got mushy on the inside when the driver used "Home Brewed" Acetone and flowed into the carb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks