Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 17:35   #46
BHPian

re: Renault Duster: Water leakage on the floor carpet. EDIT, now Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Sorry about the delay in replying mxx, I was on a short holiday. I had left the car with them on 18th December with an expected delivery on 20th. They called on 20th saying that the problem was with the A/C condensation drainage so they had to strip the carpets and dash board. I finally got the car picked up on 24th December (while I still was on my holiday). They had washed the car before delivery but it appears that no fresh leakage has happened. I got back on 25th night and have been using the car over the last two days. The stink is settling down to bearable levels though it is still persisting. There has been no condensation under the mats so I assume most of the water has evaporated .

I will wash it this weekend. I was waiting for the next wash to update further. I'll keep you posted. For now, it seems the issue is settled, though Renault Coimbatore still insists that the problem was the A/C
Great. A very confusing issue reached its logical end...I think.
Old 27th December 2012, 18:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
Great. A very confusing issue reached its logical end...I think.
Thanks vskesavan, but the issue will be considered closed only after the next wash. The service adviser is very reluctant to admit that the leak is not from the A/C but from the scuttle panel. I don't know why. Despite telling him that I had dried out the car without taking a drive or switching on the A/C and still found water accumulating after the wash he just ignores that comment, almost as if he is fearful to admit that there is a problem there.

Renault itself never contacted me on the issue though they asked for my email ID and cell number.

There was a call from a feedback department lady last week but she was asking me how my 'experience' with the car was. When I told her about the leakage she promptly asked me to call the toll free number because that was 'not her department'. I told her I wasn't interested in answering questions about a stinking car

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed till my next wash
Old 30th December 2012, 12:55   #48
BHPian

UPDATE on LEAKAGE

I am sorry to report that the water leakage problem hasn't been sorted out after 5 days of keeping the car in the Renault service center at Coimbatore.

All through the period the the service advisor was insisting that the leak was from the A/C condensation though we told him the problem was worsening only after every wash. Here is a video showing how bad the leak is with just a mug of water poured over the windshield. I would like to how to proceed from here.

woodcrawler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 13:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE on LEAKAGE

I am sorry to report that the water leakage problem hasn't been sorted out after 5 days of keeping the car in the Renault service center at Coimbatore.

All through the period the the service advisor was insisting that the leak was from the A/C condensation though we told him the problem was worsening only after every wash. Here is a video showing how bad the leak is with just a mug of water poured over the windshield. I would like to how to proceed from here.
Oh man, this is what Quality Made means in Renault Speak?
it is horrific to see that much water getting inside.

Please contact senior managment in Renault
india.

Did you get Lemon?
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 13:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE on LEAKAGE

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SR6nZBNkhRU
That is bad !!

Post this video on Renault's Facebook wall.

Did you show the SA this video ?

EDIT: Posted on Renault India FB page.

Last edited by F150 : 30th December 2012 at 13:29.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 13:28   #51
AWD
BHPian

Thanks for the reports, really sad to see such issues cropping up & Renault doing nothing to resolve. This kind of attitude irks me. I had booked a Duster last month but am now seriously considering cancelling the booking & wait for Eco-Sport or other launches.
Old 30th December 2012, 13:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking. Better take it back to Cbe and demonstrate this to the service guys. Am in Cbe on Monday. PM me if you need some help from there
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 14:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE on LEAKAGE

Oh real disappointment....the ordeal is not yet over....I endorse the idea of putting the news on renault's facebook wall.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 15:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE on LEAKAGE

This is not a leak, its a flood. How is it that Renault's testing failed to find such a ridiculous failure during their product testing.
Not like this is an isolated event, so many others have reported wet-carpets in their Duster.
Thanks to Rajesh, everyone has a clear picture of whats going on.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 16:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE on LEAKAGE

This is really pathetic. This clearly means the car is not usable in the current state for atleast 4-5 months in a year when there is monsoon in Kerala. If a mug of water can cause so much water to enter, imagine the state during a heavy rain.

If there is no co-operation from Renault, you could also explore the legal option of going via the consumer court.

Last edited by zenren : 30th December 2012 at 16:37.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 16:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely ridiculous that this could happen to a brand new car. If this is not an isolated case then i am even more shocked. I see that the duster is leading in the vote for team-bhp car of the year poll. What a joke !
heavy_foot is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 18:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Absolutely ridiculous that this could happen to a brand new car. If this is not an isolated case then i am even more shocked. I see that the duster is leading in the vote for team-bhp car of the year poll. What a joke !
I suggest that, if there is any such way is available, Team-BHP shall take this issue officially and help to solve the issue.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 19:23   #58
BHPian

Thats horrible. Does Ranault think that we are in desert ? You cant take out this car at any cost during the rain.

You need to make some kind of pressure to the Dealer to fix this. Even you can bargain for a full carpet and beeding replacement. Speak hard to them. Even you can ask for the whole replacement if the car is brand new.

Did the dealer never washed the car under pressure before delivery ?

Last edited by Sowmya : 30th December 2012 at 19:26.
Sowmya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 22:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Oh man, this is what Quality Made means in Renault Speak?
it is horrific to see that much water getting inside.

Please contact senior managment in Renault
india.

Did you get Lemon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
That is bad !!

Post this video on Renault's Facebook wall.

Did you show the SA this video ?

EDIT: Posted on Renault India FB page.

I shot this video today. I am going to send it to them through a friend who has a Duster that is due for service. I have already posted it on Renault Fb page but I doubt they will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Thanks for the reports, really sad to see such issues cropping up & Renault doing nothing to resolve. This kind of attitude irks me. I had booked a Duster last month but am now seriously considering cancelling the booking & wait for Eco-Sport or other launches.
It is a good car.Don't cancel just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
This is really pathetic. This clearly means the car is not usable in the current state for atleast 4-5 months in a year when there is monsoon in Kerala. If a mug of water can cause so much water to enter, imagine the state during a heavy rain.

If there is no co-operation from Renault, you could also explore the legal option of going via the consumer court.
That is what worries me. the monsoon. If Renault can't set things right soon, I guess I will have no choice but approach the consumer courts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
I suggest that, if there is any such way is available, Team-BHP shall take this issue officially and help to solve the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Thats horrible. Does Ranault think that we are in desert ? You cant take out this car at any cost during the rain.

You need to make some kind of pressure to the Dealer to fix this. Even you can bargain for a full carpet and beeding replacement. Speak hard to them. Even you can ask for the whole replacement if the car is brand new.

Did the dealer never washed the car under pressure before delivery ?
I don't think harsh words work. Gentle persuasion and a threat of a possible legal recourse might make Renault see sense. I guess they won't replace the car but I am sure they can be more concerned about rectifying the problem.

Thank you all for your concern. Will keep you updated.
Old 30th December 2012, 23:16   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, your approach to getting the issue resolved is commendable and secondly, very sorry to hear this ordeal.

Try getting this fixed from any of your trusted mechanics. The service centers guys will keep brushing it under the carpet until somebody higher ups push them to get this rectified.

Please post this videos on the FB. I am sharing your video link on my FB timeline.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks