Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 02:16   #61
BHPian

re: Renault Duster: Water leakage on the floor carpet. EDIT, now Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
I don't think harsh words work. Gentle persuasion and a threat of a possible legal recourse might make Renault see sense. I guess they won't replace the car but I am sure they can be more concerned about rectifying the problem.

Thank you all for your concern. Will keep you updated.
I think it would be a matured approach. After all the Renault is just a name and we can not expect every one of its staff may have sincere concern on our issue. Iinstead of fighting it out, make them work is fine idea. It will give atleast peace of mind to overcome the present issue.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 05:04   #62
BHPian

Quote:
I shot this video today. I am going to send it to them through a friend who has a Duster that is due for service. I have already posted it on Renault Fb page but I doubt they will respond.
OMG, the video is unbelievable for a product that I voted as the "Car of the Year" and in so much love to possess one in future!

Is the same thing happening to your friends car as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
This is not a leak, its a flood. How is it that Renault's testing failed to find such a ridiculous failure during their product testing.
Not like this is an isolated event, so many others have reported wet-carpets in their Duster.
Thanks to Rajesh, everyone has a clear picture of whats going on.
I am finding it hard to accept that such a defect could have gone un-noticed in many vehicles. Are we sure, there are many others who have reported this problem ?
rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 07:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Firstly, your approach to getting the issue resolved is commendable and secondly, very sorry to hear this ordeal.

Try getting this fixed from any of your trusted mechanics. The service centers guys will keep brushing it under the carpet until somebody higher ups push them to get this rectified.

Please post this videos on the FB. I am sharing your video link on my FB timeline.
Thank you bro. The first time the car was taken to Renault Coimbatore they said it was the A/C condensation and did something temporarily. I took it again on the 18th December for the 1st service and correction of the problem. They had promised delivery on 20th but they called and told me that they needed another two days. When I finally got the car on 23rd December this is the condition, (I feel it has actually worsened)

I did post it on Renault's FB page & their Twitter, but they have taken it off. I posted again today morning. Please share this in as many places as you can. It is not only my problem but Renault cannot take all its customers for a ride with such sloppy after sales service.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Firstly, your approach to getting the issue resolved is commendable and secondly, very sorry to hear this ordeal.

Try getting this fixed from any of your trusted mechanics. The service centers guys will keep brushing it under the carpet until somebody higher ups push them to get this rectified.
I too feel this would be a better idea.
Take the car to a workshop that expertise in modifications or to a mechanic who is good at body fittings.

This must be a one in a million problem and regretfully you got caught in it.
I have taken my car in extreme rain and for days at a stretch with no such spills.
Some water channel got misplaced which is causing the shocking drain inside the car.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 10:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
I too feel this would be a better idea.
Take the car to a workshop that expertise in modifications or to a mechanic who is good at body fittings.

This must be a one in a million problem and regretfully you got caught in it.
I have taken my car in extreme rain and for days at a stretch with no such spills.
Some water channel got misplaced which is causing the shocking drain inside the car.
Thank you. Mine maybe the one in a million car with this problem but I read here and elsewhere that there are others suffering the same issue. I now feel that the leak has worsened after the service center guys tried their hand at preparing it. Like you say, they might have misdirected the drainage channel from the scuttle panel to the inside
Old 31st December 2012, 12:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

The SA who said this this is an AC water condensing problem should be sent to primary school. Who does this guy think he is trying to fool? You need to get the top level management at Renault involved in this. No need to ask for vehicle repalcement though you can insist on all affected parts(rusting if any) be replaced. Heck even my 13 year old M800 doesn't get a single drop of water inside even if I leave it in the open during rains.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 12:30   #67
BHPian

Just added a couple of more videos.

First one shows that water drains out asymmetrically and incompletely on the left side.

The second one shows the accumulated water nearly submerging the windshield washer water tank.

Old 31st December 2012, 12:43   #68
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
It is a good car.Don't cancel just yet.
Hats off to your spirit! Yes I will probably wait till Eco-Sports launch. Still Duster shall no longer be my 1st option but a fall-off car. In case Ecosport fails on some account or the other, I shall buy the Duster, not otherwise.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 13:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Hats off to your spirit! Yes I will probably wait till Eco-Sports launch. Still Duster shall no longer be my 1st option but a fall-off car. In case Ecosport fails on some account or the other, I shall buy the Duster, not otherwise.
You should not base your buying decision on a one off incident. After all cars are just machines. They are prone to problems. But this has not been reported as a pattern in Duster. Here the problem is the sheer incompetence of the technicians to solve a seemingly simple problem. How on earth miss this sort of leakage and report the problem to be resolved.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:52   #70
BHPian

Wood, I am almost certain the drain channel is some how blocked or being misdirected totally.
Tried your water test today, water flows through the channel like a stream with no spill inside. Wish I could see the car! please take it to a good body workshop and they will settle the problem for sure.

Change your Avatar pic, your Duster needs to be on dry land.
Jokes apart, I am sure you will solve the problem with a couple of days, just stick to it.
Take it to a good Mech outside Renault.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 31st December 2012 at 13:55.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 16:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
You should not base your buying decision on a one off incident. ......... Here the problem is the sheer incompetence of the technicians to solve a seemingly simple problem. How on earth miss this sort of leakage and report the problem to be resolved.
AWD, that is the spirit bro. On swallow does not make a summer. I'm stuck with a dud but I love the car. It drives so well. Let me see how quickly they resolve the issue. Renault France has responded. I hope they get through to the morons here.

poloman, I agree. It is purely the incompetence of the service personnel. Despite telling them that I dried out the car without moving it, then washed it to find the water inside; they still insist it is the A/C. It's so frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Wood, I am almost certain the drain channel is some how blocked or being misdirected totally.
Tried your water test today, water flows through the channel like a stream with no spill inside. Wish I could see the car! please take it to a good body workshop and they will settle the problem for sure.

Change your Avatar pic, your Duster needs to be on dry land.
Jokes apart, I am sure you will solve the problem with a couple of days, just stick to it.
Take it to a good Mech outside Renault.
himadrimondal, thanks. I'll take your suggestion about the avatar pic. I'm only worried about the rains. I drove it into the reservoir but there was no water seepage. It's only when water flows down the windshield into the scuttle panel. I've seen a lot of suggestions about taking it to a good mech outside of Renault. The only problem is the warranty. I don't want them blaming the outside repair job later
Old 1st January 2013, 01:56   #72
BHPian

i wonder what the quality control nerds are doing in the renault plant. c'mon are they blind? every car has to go through a shower test and then only the car reaches the dealership, and the car is again inspected prior to delivery and washed so then why did the leak go unnoticed?

when the Renault guys are done with the leak problem, tell them to change the car's carpet, not cleaned or shampooed, replace it. with so much moisture and dampness, for such a prolonged period the carpet would have lost much of its quality and freshness. you've got to make them pay for their negligence.

Last edited by msaudf : 1st January 2013 at 02:08.
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 10:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T
I did post it on Renault's FB page & their Twitter, but they have taken it off. I posted again today morning. Please share this in as many places as you can. It is not only my problem but Renault cannot take all its customers for a ride with such sloppy after sales service.
Actually I am more worried about Renault taking it off FB/Twitter than anything else.That too without reverting back to you with any sort of assurances. This means, as a company, they are trying to hide or run away from the problem. This is a more serious issue than the technician not being able to resolve the complaint. Shows the commitment of Renault to the customer.
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 11:01   #74
BANNED

Hi,
Please take it to southindia motors coimbatore , meet Mr David and sort out uer pain.

No big deal , think these duster guys wont help..
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 11:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
i wonder what the quality control nerds are doing in the renault plant. c'mon are they blind? .........

when the Renault guys are done with the leak problem, tell them to change the car's carpet, not cleaned or shampooed, replace it. with so much moisture and dampness, for such a prolonged period the carpet would have lost much of its quality and freshness. you've got to make them pay for their negligence.
Thanks msaudf. That is exactly what I plan to do. My mail to Renault International had the desired effect. They have forwarded my complaint to Renault India and I got a mail asking details. I've forwarded it last night but knowing Renault's habits, I don't think they will answer in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Actually I am more worried about Renault taking it off FB/Twitter than anything else.That too without reverting back to you with any sort of assurances. This means, as a company, they are trying to hide or run away from the problem. This is a more serious issue than the technician not being able to resolve the complaint. Shows the commitment of Renault to the customer.
Thanks mallumowgli, I'm in Coimbatore on 4th & 5th so I will go back and demonstrate it to them. I've also mailed the videos to Renault International (and they responded very quickly!) and Renault India. Let me see if things change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi,
Please take it to southindia motors coimbatore , meet Mr David and sort out uer pain.

No big deal , think these duster guys wont help..
Thanks Rajith, but the website is not opening. Is Southindia Motors an all-car service center?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks