Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 09:28   #106
BHPian

re: Renault Duster: Water leakage on the floor carpet. EDIT, now Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Good to know that there is some activity and almost a solution in sight. Waiting for Monday and your final feedback. Hope it comes out well

Should appreciate your efforts - Renault now must have understood what 'unstoppable Indian' means .

At the same time, if person like you, who has some relation with the automobile industry finds it so tough to get things moving, the plight of the others is best left untold!!

Great work there by GTO for getting this to the attention of Renault
Thanks Mowgli, I guess you are right. If I had stopped trying, thinking I hit a brick wall I'd have sold the car a month ago. The Duster is such a nice car, that it is a pity that I had to give it some 'publicity' to knock awake the guys here.

From what the ASM told me, they got the pre-launch assessment completely wrong. They expected 110ps to sell more than the 85ps. Their figures for expected bookings for Woodland brown was 12% but when bookings opened it went up to 23% !

I guess they we too flustered by the demand, they forgot the QC altogether. Anyway, I hope my problem is resolved permanently. I'll know when I get the car tomorrow. Till them I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed

Will keep this thread updated

Rajesh

P.S: I'm a Cancerian. We are supposed to be a tenacious lot so I guess I qualify for the title of "UNSTOPPABLE INDIAN"

Last edited by woodcrawler : 6th January 2013 at 09:32.
woodcrawler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 00:08   #107
BHPian

woodcrawler: waiting for an update.
Old 10th January 2013, 10:48   #108
BHPian

Hi woodcrawler,
I am checking on your thread every half hour waiting for any news. Is it drip, dry or torrent?
Keep us posted.
What's this "unstoppable indian" by RENAULT? are they planning to remove the brakes of the new Duster or what? We have enough issues in our hands before we have to start worrying about new ones.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 21:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
woodcrawler: waiting for an update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi woodcrawler,
I am checking on your thread every half hour waiting for any news. Is it drip, dry or torrent?
Keep us posted.
What's this "unstoppable indian" by RENAULT? are they planning to remove the brakes of the new Duster or what? We have enough issues in our hands before we have to start worrying about new ones.
Sorry guys, I got the car late last night. My driver tested it with a bucket of water and it seems the problem is solved for the moment. I'll wash it on Sunday myself, to be convinced. They took time to dry out the carpets but there is a faint hint of the old stench somewhere. I guess it will go away in a few days.

They have given the car a polish both inside and out to compensate for my trouble . I have to take it to my upholsterer to reset the seat covers. The service guys have got the edges misaligned.

As for the beading; it is still not replaced. Despite the VOR form they have not got the spare. I was assured that they'll get it but it obviously is not in stock at the factory. Funny. Anyway the service manager assured me he'd call as soon as it comes. Another trip for that.

I'm still wondering if Renault sees mine as an odd case. I hope they become a little more active when the get a customer complaint.

Neil, whatever Renault meant when they said "Unstoppable Indian", I guess if we are tenacious they'll realize we can't be taken for granted.

Happy New Year guys......and many months of Happy Driving too
woodcrawler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 11:47   #110
BHPian

Glad that your problem is sorted but more worried about Renault's response to VOR form.If Vehicle On Road was your actual case involving a more critical component, wonder what Renault will do then.
Oh well,I suppose you can always sing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a prayer"
Hope this is the last of your unscheduled pitstop for many more miles to come.
Happy new year to you too and drive safe.
Old 12th January 2013, 21:40   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Glad that your problem is sorted but more worried about Renault's response to VOR form.If Vehicle On Road was your actual case involving a more critical component, wonder what Renault will do then.
Oh well,I suppose you can always sing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a prayer"
Hope this is the last of your unscheduled pitstop for many more miles to come.
Happy new year to you too and drive safe.
Neil, I went and celebrated yesterday. I took out the stock speakers and fitted a JBL component system GTO 509C in the front and two CS-5 speakers in the rear. Then I disconnected the horn and fitted a pair of Hella Twin tones.

There was some construction going on next door and the dust had settled on my car while they unloaded cement sacks. The accessory guy washed my car and NO LEAK

I am convinced that my leakage issue is resolved but I'll wash it myself tomorrow to be doubly sure

The beading arrived today in Coimbatore and the service manager called to ask for my address so he can send a chap over to replace the loose beading at home in Palakkad. I declined the offer though; it's not raining and I'd rather get the job done at the service center with proper tools.

Bandipur beckons, so my son and I are off to our favourite patch of jungle 25th to 27th January.

Have you thought of organizing a Dustermania Rally yet?

Last edited by woodcrawler : 12th January 2013 at 21:41.
Old 13th January 2013, 18:08   #112
BHPian

The LEAKAGE - FINAL UPDATE

This coincidentally happens to be my 100th post on Team BHP and I'm glad it is on an issue that has vexed me no end.

I did wash my car again today, though it did not need a wash really. I sprayed water through a garden hose over the roof, on the windshield and the scuttle panel area. Then I opened the left front passenger door very nervously and looked at the carpet. I though I saw a glint and I decided that I'd have to go back to Renault again. On closer inspection and palpation, it was not water

In fact the entire area was bone dry. It seems that they finally got it right.

The company had deputed ASM (after sales), Mr. Maheswaran & a Senior tech to see my car. They did admit that the service center's mechanics were not upto it. The problem was, as put forth in this forum, a blocked scuttle panel drain. I would not have got the correct name, 'scuttle panel' if not for Team BHP.

As for the carpets, they seem to have dried out well and have been replaced without any odd wrinkles or stains. There is persistent odour, but only about 10% of the original stench and I guess it will go away soon.

The door beading was not in stock but has come as of yesterday, to the Coimbatore Service center. They wanted to rush someone with it to Palakkad but I refused the house call. I travel to Coimbatore often so I'd rather get it done in the service center. It is not raining here and the leak was in no way connected to the loose beading.

I want to thank everybody here for the support given to me on this issue. Some with mail ID's and contact info, including GTO. Some with kind words that have kept me cool throughout the period. If not for Team BHP, I'm sure I'll still be struggling with this problem.

All's Well that Ends Well

Thank you all, once again & Happy Driving

Last edited by woodcrawler : 13th January 2013 at 18:11. Reason: Spelling
woodcrawler is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 10:49   #113
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster: Water leakage on the floor carpet. EDIT, now Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
The LEAKAGE - FINAL UPDATE

All's Well that Ends Well

Thank you all, once again & Happy Driving
Woodcrawler, glad to hear the problem has been finally rectified.

I have been following this thread closely over the past few weeks. Your persistence and patience is commendable. Finally got Renault to wake up and listen. And in no small measure to GTO and T-BHP.

Wishing you Happy Miles with the now "Dry" and capable Duster !

Regards
Bugs
bhagathmp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 07:17   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Woodcrawler, glad to hear the problem has been finally rectified.

I have been following this thread closely over the past few weeks. Your persistence and patience is commendable. Finally got Renault to wake up and listen. And in no small measure to GTO and T-BHP.

Wishing you Happy Miles with the now "Dry" and capable Duster !

Regards
Bugs
Thanks Bugs. Unfortunately the skeptic in me still beleives that I'm not out of the woods yet. I saw a bit of moisture under the driver side foot mat (plastic). I have convinced myself that it is from the old dampness because someone (I think Neil) mentioned that it will take about two weeks to completely dry out. Considering that the funny smell is not gone yet I guess there must be some moisture still. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy driving to you too,

Rajesh
Old 16th January 2013, 20:45   #115
BHPian

I'm glad your ordeal is finally over. Get a can of My Shaldan and you wont notice the stench anymore. I suggest lemon.

Also, pressure wash the car once or twice to be absolutely sure. Its better to do this right away since the dealers are still warm from the experience. Once they cool off, it'll be the same headache for you if the issue reappears.

Finally, is the resolution permanent? Make sure that it wont repeat.

Also, I appreciate your cool headed approach. I believe its the best policy to get things done.

Wishing you several Dustermiles
Old 16th January 2013, 23:03   #116
BHPian

Really nice to know that the leakage problem is fixed.

Should give some relief to all those worried about Duster niggles, at least Renault is making an effort to fix reported issues/problems.

May be they are fixing all the issues/niggles reported one-by-one; and that is why the hike in price?
Old 16th January 2013, 23:16   #117
BHPian

Rajesh, delighted to hear that the issue has finally been conclusively fixed and closed. In no small measure due to your persistence; you just kept chipping away mate! Well done!

Now you can 'Dust' off those unpleasant memories and get your head down to the more important business on hand: piling on the miles!

Wish you loads and loads of joy there from the car! Cheers!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 16th January 2013 at 23:22.
Old 16th January 2013, 23:42   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Bugs. Unfortunately the skeptic in me still beleives that I'm not out of the woods yet. I saw a bit of moisture under the driver side foot mat (plastic). I have convinced myself that it is from the old dampness because someone (I think Neil) mentioned that it will take about two weeks to completely dry out. Considering that the funny smell is not gone yet I guess there must be some moisture still. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats on this! Persistence really pays. I would suggest for some time, dont clean with a water pipe, but with the simple "bucket and cloth technology"
As you said, maybe in a week, you should the change and then conclude.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 10:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on this! Persistence really pays. I would suggest for some time, dont clean with a water pipe, but with the simple "bucket and cloth technology"
As you said, maybe in a week, you should the change and then conclude.
Yes Sir, I am an old fashioned 'bucket & sponge' technology person but sometimes I have to hose it down, especially after a drive in some slushy areas. The wheel wells won't get cleared with a mug of water.

I was told to put naphthalene balls to draw out the residual odour. I've already put in the humble Odonil but does the anti-roach technology work for odours? Any input is welcome.
Old 17th January 2013, 10:38   #120
BHPian

Quote:
I was told to put naphthalene balls to draw out the residual odour. I've already put in the humble Odonil but does the anti-roach technology work for odours? Any input is welcome.
Camphor im told is a better medicine for bad odour. Try with a few tablets of Camphor under the carpets
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks