Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 12:00   #76
BANNED

re: Renault Duster: Water leakage on the floor carpet. EDIT, now Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Thanks Rajith, but the website is not opening. Is Southindia Motors an all-car service center?
They are authorised for TATA,MARUTHI and all cars MAHINDRA,HM etc.

http://www.southindiamotors.com/

David - 09843761857
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 20:01   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hello Woodcrawler,

Renault India has taken note of your thread. They wish to contact you directly & work toward a resolution.

Please PM me your contact details, so that I can forward the same to them.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 21:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
I just got a reply from Renault, not for the mail sent to their email ID shown on the website but for a message posted on their Facebook Page. Here is a screen shot of that reply to my post

I guess networking sites have their benefits
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hello Woodcrawler,

Renault India has taken note of your thread. They wish to contact you directly & work toward a resolution.

Thanks
Many thanks GTO.
I had mailed Renault International and they have forwarded complaint to Renault India. In response they asked me for my mail ID & cell number. This, they had done when I posted on their Facebook page (I have quoted that message above) on 10th December. I did send them my mail ID and cell number after that there has been no response.

I hope it is not another 'wolf, wolf' situation. I apologize for my pessimism but my experience with Renault had been totally disappointing.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2013 at 08:13. Reason: Removing your cell number from this post
Old 1st January 2013, 22:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler

I hope it is not another 'wolf, wolf' situation. I apologize for my pessimism but my experience with Renault had been totally disappointing.

What you have done is perfectly alright. A lot of prospective owners will be closely watching your issue and the way it is handled.
niket.dhirai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:59   #80
BHPian

Sincerely hope Renault takes things seriously at least after GTO's intervention.

IMO, its a problem that can be easily rectified if they want to resolve it. Even more appalling is that, its all happening in a place like Coimbatore which is no stranger to automobiles and components.

BTW, you should let them know that they may be able to delete your postings from their FB/twitter page. But what would they do if you post the same in FB pages like "TopGear" with 12million fans and most important of all, mentioning that the Dusters to be sold in the UK are also manufactured from the very same Oragadam plant in Chennai from where your car was born!

Ref : http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle4150121.ece
rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hello Woodcrawler,

Thanks
So it seems the TEAM-BHP swings in to the action. Now no doubt the issue will be looked in to by the Renault. Very great power. Very great support.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
What you have done is perfectly alright. A lot of prospective owners will be closely watching your issue and the way it is handled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Sincerely hope Renault takes things seriously at least after GTO's intervention.

IMO, its a problem that can be easily rectified if they want to resolve it. Even more appalling is that, its all happening in a place like Coimbatore which is no stranger to automobiles and components.

BTW, you should let them know that they may be able to delete your postings from their FB/twitter page. But what would they do if you post the same in FB pages like "TopGear" with 12million fans and most important of all, mentioning that the Dusters to be sold in the UK are also manufactured from the very same Oragadam plant in Chennai from where your car was born!

Ref : http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle4150121.ece
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
So it seems the TEAM-BHP swings in to the action. Now no doubt the issue will be looked in to by the Renault. Very great power. Very great support.
Thanks guys for the overwhelming support, especially since Team-BHP has joined forces. Someone mentioned earlier that I should go to the service center / showroom and create a scene but I think it will not serve any purpose. It seems that the service standards are abysmal and as rubicon said, it should not happen in Coimbatore which is a Mecca for automobile industry!

I have posted this in Mouthshut already. If Renault does not respond I will go up another step and post in Autocar & Topgear. I posted it on their FB page knowing full well they'll take it off but they haven't been able to shut down the FB group I stated "Wake up Renault; Duster QC is Pathetic".

I'll give them a couple of days. Gentle persuasion always worked in my favour
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:05   #83
BHPian

UPDATE On WATER LEAKAGE ISSUE:

Got a call from Mr. Maheswaran, Area Manager (After sales). He has seen the videos and also seen the thread on Team BHP (he told me so). He has asked me to take the car to Coimbatore and he'll be sending a service engineer from Chennai to take a look.

Renault has finally woken up and Team-BHP's involvement has been the main moving force. Thank you Team-BHP and GTO in particular.

Rajesh

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2013 at 20:31. Reason: Please avoid posting cell numbers on public posts. Thanks
woodcrawler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:31   #84
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Got a call from Mr. Maheswaran, Area Manager (After sales). He has seen the videos and also seen the thread on Team BHP (he told me so). He has asked me to take the car to Coimbatore and he'll be sending a service engineer from Chennai to take a look.

Renault has finally woken up and Team-BHP's involvement has been the main moving force. Thank you Team-BHP and GTO in particular.

Rajesh
At last .

Good morning Renault!!! To think of all the things you had to do, to "force" them to give you a response is unacceptable. Ford is WAY better than Renault in this matter.

This is just one step forward towards the getting the issue sorted out. I just hope that the engineer from Chennai understands the main problem and does not sing the same song of "AC problem saar".

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2013 at 20:31. Reason: Removing cell number. Thanks
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
At last .

Good morning Renault!!! To think of all the things you had to do, to "force" them to give you a response is unacceptable. Ford is WAY better than Renault in this matter.

This is just one step forward towards the getting the issue sorted out. I just hope that the engineer from Chennai understands the main problem and does not sing the same song of "AC problem saar".
MAS, I got another call now. He's going to inspect the car on Friday morning. I know I have had to do a lot o unusual things to get Renault's attention but the Duster is a lovely car to own & drive. I hope Renault looks at this as a wake up call and improves their after sales service. If I can get them to pull up their socks on this issue, I'd have achieved my aim of getting Renault to change to a more customer friendly company without my having to raise my voice.

Besides, I'll have earned the goodwill of a lot of Duster owners by showing them a more peaceful way of getting attention to their woes.
woodcrawler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:26   #86
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE on LEAKAGE

I am sorry to report that the water leakage problem hasn't been sorted out after 5 days of keeping the car in the Renault service center at Coimbatore.

All through the period the the service advisor was insisting that the leak was from the A/C condensation though we told him the problem was worsening only after every wash. Here is a video showing how bad the leak is with just a mug of water poured over the windshield. I would like to how to proceed from here.
Maybe your windshield sealant has some leakage, just check this. I had similar issue in my Swift few months back when inside cabin used to get filled with water after rain. Finally it was found to be a small piece of windshield sealant that had broken apart, and whole windshield had to be taken out & re-fixed.

Last edited by asethi : 2nd January 2013 at 18:28. Reason: Grammatical error
asethi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Rajesh
It is pity after paying so much money we need to undergo such ordeals to wake these people up. We are living in a country, in which, any consumer of any product, is taken for ride once money changed hands.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2013 at 20:32. Reason: Removing cell number. Thanks
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:25   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Maybe your windshield sealant has some leakage, just check this. ......
It was one of my first thoughts but when I wash the car the water accumulates in the scuttle panel a good 2 -3 inches below the edge of the windshield's edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
It is pity after paying so much money we need to undergo such ordeals to wake these people up. We are living in a country, in which, any consumer of any product, is taken for ride once money changed hands.
True, vskesavan, it is the new world order. I guess, sometimes we need to raise our voices together. Renault is waking up now, after realizing that this issue is flying around the net. Just imagine someone in UK seeing this
Old 2nd January 2013, 21:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:

Rajesh
It is really hard to see another manufacture having a great product but disappointing to say the least in the after sales and not being able to solve customer complaints after so much effort. Finally it needed a kick on the back side from Renault International to wake these guys up!!

But Hats off to you for your continued patience and to Team Bhp for creating the awareness and helping you solve your problem

I hope these manufactures who have great products stop taking Indians for granted and accept their mistakes and help the customer in having a great experience. Looking forward to the day when horror stories became a rarity in India!!
sambhav.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:04   #90
BHPian

Oh Boy,
My heart really goes out to you. My take is that either someone down the production line has messed up big time when he assembled the scuttle panel area or there is a defective component involved. Probably a newbie or yours might have been the first lot when people from training itself might have got it wrong. That was what lead to my A/c condensation leakage. Best solution is complete removal, replace and refit.Ask them for a complete replacement of all plastic components involved in and around the scuttle panel area. Maybe a vendor might have slipped in a wrong/defective/R&D based component.
And last of all, get your entire floor mat section, (this includes the floor mat, thermocol insulation etc) replaced. None of the "keeping it to dry" excuse from the dealer/manufacturer.
Dont allow them to use your duster as a guinea pig for their R & D. Renault has this obnoxious habit of trouble shooting on a stage by stage basis, meaning that they will first try refit and only then replace. Small problem here is the wastage of your time and increase in your anxiety level when the fix does not work. Be firm in your decision and dont be swayed by their mumbo jumbo. REPLACE AND REFIT AT THE SAME TIME.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks