Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 14:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

Noise from 3rd row seat!

Dear Team, I own a Tavera NY LT 2 triple AC 2006 model. After my drive to Kerala, a metallic (click-click) noise is coming from the third row seat (front facing). I tried to solve this problem with the help of GM mechanics, but they have failed to pin point the problem.

I tried tightening the screws in the seat, but still the problem persists. Can anybody advice me on this? Anybody faced this sort of a problem? Any suggestions on how to stop this noise?
Old 7th April 2008, 14:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is a possibility that some gravel is lying on top of this metal plate.
Thanks for the reply TSK.. will clear it out and see..

Nimz
Old 9th April 2008, 17:51   #63
BHPian

Humming sound from front wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Is it a grinding / rumbling sort of noise which increases with speed? I'm assuming you've already checked your tyres throughly for any lodged stones/debris.

Try taking the car above 70kmph, shift to neutral and let it coast and listen for the sound. If it is present and decreases as you slow down, then I would suspect a worn wheel bearing. Also is the noise more when you turn slightly?

Put the car on the jack & hold the tyre at the top and bottom and try shaking it to check for play. If there is play - it's the wheel bearing - get it replaced, it's a two-hour job max. Check both front wheels.

Rgds,
Hi Guys,
I pulled it out from under 3 years of posts on this thread! actually my Hyundai Accent is making this humming (woonwoonwoon) noise from the front wheel. it has nbew michelin tyres in the front. the noise increases as i increase the speed. i think it does get pronounced over turns, but i will have to recheck that. but the front wheel bearings have recently been changed by the previous owner (6 months ago). I was told by the Hyundai guys too that it has to be changed but i couldnt believe it! how could it be possible that the bearings would've gone off so fast? Hyundai *** would charge me 4.5 grand for this. is it advisable to get it done outside? What's the OEM? Please advise me on this as this is taking away from the pleasure of driving.
Thanks,
Harsha
Old 15th April 2008, 14:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Thanks for the reply TSK.. will clear it out and see..

Nimz
Bhpians.. just to update.. went under the car with a broom and cleared out the gravel but the noise persisted which broke my heart everytime I took the car.. Spark has a near noiseless operation and this sound felt so pronounced. So took it to Sundaram, Pls note - never go to Sundaram between 1 and 2 PM. Lunch time and no one bothered to talk to me. Lunch time sir.. literrally no activity.. like the govt factories of yore.. and similiar to that at 2 PM a siren.. ppl moved in.
Got a mechanic to come.. the poor gal had to literally bargain with 2-3 ppl to get one to come and take a look. He went under. The metal plate had bent and was hitting the silencer assembly. So vibrations from the silencer were transmitted to this plate causing the sound. He took it inside. Raised it on that hydraulic jack. Used a metal rod to straighten that plate and off I went. No charge nuthing.. now no noise and me and Sparky all happy happy
Old 1st May 2008, 04:29   #65

Wow, all sorts of sounds! I am getting this really weird sound everytime my car starts going above 60. Its like a "wheeeeee" which changes pitch depending on the speed, somewhat like a siren. Maybe the sound exists at all times but i dont hear it low speeds because the frequency would also be low. My friends kid about it saying that the cops are after me! I have a Swift VXI with ABS and its done about 30k kms. The service guys also could not pinpoint anything. Any suggestions?
Old 2nd May 2008, 14:57   #66
BHPian

Thanks Anyway

Hi friends,
I had posted this message about the humming sound coming from the wheels, but found no response. i got the trouble sorted out. they were worn out bearings. saved 2.5K by getting it done out of showroom. now the car is running fine.
Thanks anyway,
cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Hi Guys,
I pulled it out from under 3 years of posts on this thread! actually my Hyundai Accent is making this humming (woonwoonwoon) noise from the front wheel. it has nbew michelin tyres in the front. the noise increases as i increase the speed. i think it does get pronounced over turns, but i will have to recheck that. but the front wheel bearings have recently been changed by the previous owner (6 months ago). I was told by the Hyundai guys too that it has to be changed but i couldnt believe it! how could it be possible that the bearings would've gone off so fast? Hyundai *** would charge me 4.5 grand for this. is it advisable to get it done outside? What's the OEM? Please advise me on this as this is taking away from the pleasure of driving.
Thanks,
Harsha
Old 5th May 2008, 04:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Hi friends,
I had posted this message about the humming sound coming from the wheels, but found no response. i got the trouble sorted out. they were worn out bearings. saved 2.5K by getting it done out of showroom. now the car is running fine.
Thanks anyway,
cheers!
Hey Harsha,

The sound indeed is the bearings. Just like you said, it increases when you accelerate and decreases/deadens when you take turns. I've to get these replaced on my girlfriend's accent too. How much did you spend for all this? Labour etc?
Old 9th May 2008, 14:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Hey Harsha,

The sound indeed is the bearings. Just like you said, it increases when you accelerate and decreases/deadens when you take turns. I've to get these replaced on my girlfriend's accent too. How much did you spend for all this? Labour etc?
Dear Ankit,
The A.S.S. quoted 2k for each side front bearing and 500 for service.
I got it done outside, got the parts myself and took it to the hydraulic etc. I paid 625 for each side and 700 for service outside (including 300 for the hydraulic press).
How much did you pay for the job and where did you get it done?
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 11th May 2008, 19:29   #69
BHPian

@Harsha - Thanks man, I will keep these prices in mind. I haven't got the job done yet like I said, so wanted to get an idea about this from you.

Will update once I get the job done.
Old 6th August 2008, 01:35   #70
BHPian

BUMP!

Just wanted to update that I got the original bearings for Accent a month ago but have got no time to get them fixed

The bearing sound has become life threatening but the good thing is that it's driven maybe just once a week for about 7-10 kms.

OT: Any nice place in/around Central Delhi who can do the job for me?
Old 10th August 2008, 13:01   #71
BHPian

Hi,
I have been getting this noise since the last 2 days in my 8 months old Spark:-

When: Just after slotting to 2nd or 3rd gear. Just as I release the clutch and press the accelerator. But the sound does NOT occur every time I do this. Some 2 or 3 times in a 7-8 kms drive.

Noise type: It's a shrill "screeeeeeeeeeeee". Just happens once (no repeating). Dies down as I go on accelerating. I have heard this noise from other vehicles as well.

Note - this noise started two days back when I was driving in real water logged streets of Hyd, what with the continuous pour here since 3 days. I found some similar descriptions in this thread but not sure if they are the same.

Please advise as to how bad this problem is.

Thanks,
/dev/null
Old 17th August 2008, 09:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

probably your belt. use a spray called belt dressing to improve it's condition. stream it on the inside of the belt.

EDIT: something like this Find Belt Dressing, 6 oz and other Shop Equipment at Aubuchon Hardware

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 17th August 2008 at 09:08.
Old 17th August 2008, 09:17   #73
BHPian

The driver seat belt on my Aveo makes some noise whenever it stretches (ride through a bumpy road etc.). Whenever I take it to service centre, the noise disappears and hence cannot prove it to them. Anyone faces similiar problem? The noise is coming from the buckle.

Nirmal
Old 20th August 2008, 22:42   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
four_tire : ThunkThunkThunk
WHERE: One or both front corners of the vehicle.
WHEN: Going around slow, sharp corners under light throttle.
WHAT: A CV joint that allows your front wheels to turn and still be powered is loose. The boot has failed and let out all the CV joint’s grease, or maybe it’s just time for it to wear out.
Car : a 5 yr old M-800.
Run : Approx 65k.

Symptoms : as described above. Only front right side, when steering's turned fully, and at a little speed. If the turn is gentle & slow, no sound heard.

Thunk Thunk Thunk or katd katd katd .. :-)

The mechanic said axle's the problem.

Q1: Any other causes possible ?
Q2 : Do I need to replace both half axles ?
Q3 : Approx cost, pls.

TIA !
Old 21st August 2008, 02:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

It's the axle Condor, pretty simple to replace & not to expensive either. And you only need to replace the one that's making the sound, don't touch the other side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks