Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 22:49   #76
BHPian

cheeeeen sound form my wagon r

hi! i own a 2005 wagon r. once i ran over a divider. the engine cross bar got bent. i got it fixed. but since then i had been getting this cheeeeen (momentarily) sound from the front of the car. this happens anytime whenever the engine is running, whether the car is in motion or not. during motion this sound affects the acceleration momentarily. the service guy does not seem to know what it is, though he also hears the sound. he said probably its coming from the ac compressor, but he is not sure. and yes this sound is more pronounced when the ac is on, comes more frequently. but even when the ac is off i can hear the sound. so i do not agree with the service guy. if its from the ac then it should not appear when the ac is off. can anyone help me? thanx
Old 1st September 2008, 17:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

tik tik sound

Hi All,

when i ride my carb zen (98 model), i hear continuous tik tik tik sound in rear wheeel. A.S.S guy says that the sound mightbe due to worn out bearing. is it true?

he advised to replace them after rainy season. Should it be replaced immediately or i can wait till end of rainy season?
Old 1st September 2008, 20:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

when i ride my carb zen (98 model), i hear continuous tik tik tik sound in rear wheeel. A.S.S guy says that the sound mightbe due to worn out bearing. is it true?

he advised to replace them after rainy season. Should it be replaced immediately or i can wait till end of rainy season?
Check for anything stuck to the tyres first. A tik tik tik sound is very common when a small pebble / foreign object is stuck to the tyre tread.

Wheel bearings make a different sound, more like a continuous metal grinding noise or chee chee sounds. If bearings are OK, get the Axles checked.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
hi! i own a 2005 wagon r. once i ran over a divider. the engine cross bar got bent. i got it fixed. but since then i had been getting this cheeeeen (momentarily) sound from the front of the car. this happens anytime whenever the engine is running, whether the car is in motion or not. during motion this sound affects the acceleration momentarily. the service guy does not seem to know what it is, though he also hears the sound. he said probably its coming from the ac compressor, but he is not sure. and yes this sound is more pronounced when the ac is on, comes more frequently. but even when the ac is off i can hear the sound. so i do not agree with the service guy. if its from the ac then it should not appear when the ac is off. can anyone help me? thanx

When you say cross bar is it the "Cross Member" what the maruti guys refer to it as. If its a cross member find out what they did to fix it as its always advisable to replace it IMO instead of removing the bents etc. For Swift it costs around Rs.6000, for WagonR it might be a little cheaper. I am not an expert it would be adivsable you go to some other authorized service centre and discuss this out with them as they have expert engineers.

Last edited by tush : 12th September 2008 at 22:07.
Old 16th September 2008, 20:55   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
Well in my opinion cross member has nothing to do with this as you have mentioned that whether car is in motion or not. Although I am not an expert but suggest you check whether all the belts are tightened properly and no one is slipping, because slipping belt gives this kind of noise till it achieves the same rpm of the pulleys. It might be belt connecting the water pump or AC because as you switch on the AC, engine rpm reduces, and more torque is generated to take care of excess load, but loose belt continues with same rpm and when engine rpm reaches optimum level belts might be lacking in rpm a bit, causing continuous "Cheeeen" sound. If problem aggravates in rainy season or after splashing a puddle then chances of loose belt is more. Please do get the belts tension checked.
Regards
Android
Old 16th September 2008, 21:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Did the condenser, by any chance, take a wee hit? Do have it inspected with the car on a ramp or lift. If a tube has got 'pinched' or squeezed, it could make that sound, even for a while after the AC has been turned off.
Old 15th October 2008, 06:58   #82
BHPian

Hi I noticed this in my well wisher's Petrol Swift

When I was in second gear and then accelerating at a quiet low RPM I heard a single "dhump" noise when the car starting to accelerate. Please note that I am not in very low RPM.
what could be the problem, the sound can be heard during the city traffic. It isn't too loud but audible hope I clearly conveyed the problem.
Awaiting to hear from the experts.
When asked the service personnel they replied that it is present in every car !
Old 28th November 2008, 08:38   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
Well in my opinion cross member has nothing to do with this as you have mentioned that whether car is in motion or not. Although I am not an expert but suggest you check whether all the belts are tightened properly and no one is slipping, because slipping belt gives this kind of noise till it achieves the same rpm of the pulleys. It might be belt connecting the water pump or AC because as you switch on the AC, engine rpm reduces, and more torque is generated to take care of excess load, but loose belt continues with same rpm and when engine rpm reaches optimum level belts might be lacking in rpm a bit, causing continuous "Cheeeen" sound. If problem aggravates in rainy season or after splashing a puddle then chances of loose belt is more. Please do get the belts tension checked.
Regards
Android
This problem has just about nothing to do with the cross member being hit. It is more to do with the belt slippage. Either get your belts tightened , or if they are worn out have them replaced.Also ask your mechanic to check the alternator bearings,as sometimes this problem may not because of the belt but more so because of the worn out bearings of the alternator.
Old 28th November 2008, 08:42   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Hi,
I have been getting this noise since the last 2 days in my 8 months old Spark:-
----

Note - this noise started two days back when I was driving in real water logged streets of Hyd, what with the continuous pour here since 3 days. I found some similar descriptions in this thread but not sure if they are the same.

Please advise as to how bad this problem is.

Thanks,
/dev/null
Just a simple case of belt slippage as they got wet due to splashing water, will go away soon, or else check for belt tension

reagrds
sanjz
Old 28th November 2008, 08:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I get this 'tick' sound these days when the car is moving slowly or idling. It's just a single 'tick' and the power seems to change slightly after the tick. The only change these days is that the AC is on all the time. Could that be the reason?
The click that you hear is of the solenoid switch coming on, as soon as you power on the a/c, its basically meant to increase the rpm of your car , but i guess there is some problem with the solenoid switch as its not able to rev up your engine rpm , hence you fell the slight loss of power
Old 15th December 2008, 23:13   #86

OHC whining noise

I own an 03 ohc 1.5 which has clocked 56k,of late i am getting a whining noise upon accelerating in the 1st 2nd and 3rd gears the whine is not present in the 4th and 5th gears while accelerating,also there is no whine when revved in idle. I am confused about this can anyone throw a light on what the source of the problem could be.Also the sound is very prominent at speeds below 50 and then it fades away.
Old 18th December 2008, 16:32   #87
BHPian

problem still persists

thanks everyone for trying to help. i have sent my car to service station three times after reading suggestions mentioned above. all things seem to be in place. thats what the MASS guys tell me. but the problem still persists. i have even shown it to a local AC expert. but nobody seems to have the answer for my problem. what next?
Old 18th December 2008, 16:58   #88
Team-BHP Support

@drjanakpatel: Check the pulleys for alignment of the belts and check all the bearings in the belt system. AC compressor can cause the issue if it has a worn out clutch or bearing, but then the sound will come only when the AC is switched ON.

Also check the water pump.
Old 21st December 2008, 14:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@drjanakpatel: Check the pulleys for alignment of the belts and check all the bearings in the belt system. AC compressor can cause the issue if it has a worn out clutch or bearing, but then the sound will come only when the AC is switched ON.

Also check the water pump.
thanks. i will point out these things to the service guy. will reply after that.
Old 18th January 2009, 17:18   #90
BHPian

thanks everybody

thank you all for the help. but either service guys were not able to understand the problem or they were not upto the mark. anyway i wanted an upgraded car. so i traded my wagon r with a new wagor r with abs and airbags for just 1 lac. the problem solved!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks