Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 07:41   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Instrument Cluster
Part No: 34100M79512
Name: SPEEDOMETER ASSY
Price: Rs. 1491.5

Quote:
, Whole wiring harness
Part No:36610M797D1
Name: WRG HARNESS #1(NON METRO)
Price: Rs. 1086

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-1.jpg

Part No:36620M797E1
Name: WRG HARNESS #2 (NON METRO)
Price: Rs. 955

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-2.jpg

Quote:
along with Combination switch
Was you car equipped with INT wiper function?? In other words, is it 2 Speed or 3 Speed??

Quote:
, ELR seat belts (my car is fitted with static seat belts).
Part No: 84901M79010
Name: BELT ASSY FRT SEAT RH (ELR TYP)
Price: Rs. 902

Part No: 84902M79010
Name: BELT ASSY FRT SEAT LH (ELR TYP)
Price: Rs. 902

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:58   #557
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Thank you Leoshashi for the prompt reply that too equipped with diagrams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Was you car equipped with INT wiper function?? In other words, is it 2 Speed or 3 Speed??

Regards,
Shashi
My car is not equipped with the INT wiper function (i.e only 2 speed). Somehow I missed posting this in my earlier post, when we were getting the whole wiring changed along with the combination switch we ran into the following problems. Firstly my electrician told me that the combination switch has to be compatible with the rest of the wiring, otherwise the coupler won't match.

MGP store initially gave me the wiring harness from the type I carb model (i.e with round lights & 1 reversing light), then my mechanic found that it is not compatible with my model. MGP store manager finally told me that my specific model type II carb (i.e- with square headlights & 2 reversing lamp) was only produced between between mid 98 to late 99 & he doesn't have the compatible wiring kit & combination switch. Then finally I had to go with Minda.
Old 22nd December 2017, 13:02   #558
Senior - BHPian

Can I have the following part numbers and prices of the following:
1. Parts Catalogue
2. Workshop Manual
3. Owners Manual

For the following cars:

a) Maruti 800 (SB308 1st gen). The model after the SS80.
b) Maruti 800 5-Speed MPFI
c) Maruti Celerio

Either Hard Copy or Digital is fine with me.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd December 2017 at 14:32. Reason: Typo (% Speed)
Old 22nd December 2017, 13:39   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car is not equipped with the INT wiper function (i.e only 2 speed). Somehow I missed posting this in my earlier post, when we were getting the whole wiring changed along with the combination switch we ran into the following problems. Firstly my electrician told me that the combination switch has to be compatible with the rest of the wiring, otherwise the coupler won't match.
For the part numbers which I mentioned in my earlier post, this combination switch should be compatible IMHO:

Part No: 37400M79633
Name: SWITCH ASSY COMBI (2-SPEED) MOD
Price: Rs. 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Can I have the following part numbers and prices of the following:
1. Parts Catalogue
2. Workshop Manual
3. Owners Manual

For the following cars:

a) Maruti 800 (SB308 1st gen). The model after the SS80.
b) Maruti 800 % Speed MPFI
c) Maruti Celerio

Either Hard Copy or Digital is fine with me.
M800:

Part No: 99000M24120-232
Name: PARTS CATALOGUE CAR 800 (WITH LPG)
Price: Rs. 219

Part No: 99500M84401-74E
Name: SERVICE MANUAL-MB308(MPFI)
Price: Rs. 2396

Part No: 99500M84302-74E
Name: SERVICE MANUAL MB308 CARB
Price: Rs. 315

Celerio:

Part No: 99000M24120-843
Name: PARTS CATALOGUE CELERIO
Price: Rs. 150

Part No: 99000M76M00-74E
SERVICE MANUAL CELERIO
Price: Rs. 4140

For owners manual, you'll need to contact a dealer.

Digital:

Maruti Parts catalogue: http://oriparts.com/7

M800 5 Speed Owners Manual: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ual-petrol.pdf

Workshop Manual MPFI 800: Maruti 800 MB308 Manual From Type 1 Onwards.pdf

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd December 2017 at 13:43.
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 00:13   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Part No: 34100M79512
Name: SPEEDOMETER ASSY
Price: Rs. 1491.5
Both the MGP stores in my city have declared that the part is discontinued & there is no other compatible part. Whereas the MASS I regularly visit have said that they can try to place an order, but their system is not connected to some online database, so they are not sure whether the part is discontinued or not.

The other option would be to place an order through Boodmo & try my luck. The last option that I have is to look for an used or non MGP speedometer assy. How will these fare in the long run? Please advice.

P.S- This was the first time that we were told that a part for our 99 Omni has been discontinued. I guess after 18 years this is kind of expected.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 27th December 2017 at 00:15.
Old 27th December 2017, 10:18   #561
BHPian

Hi guys. The suspension on my father's 2008 Swift VDi is pretty much dead. The guys who usually work on the car recommended changing the shocks and springs on the front and just the shocks at the rear. He quoted about 12k for the same. I wanted to know the parts numbers for the same and whether the price being quoted is proper.
Old 27th December 2017, 14:17   #562
BHPian

Dear Shashi,

Can I have the part numbers and availability status (if possible) for the following :

1. Rear Quarter Trim for 2007 Alto LXi

I am attaching a picture for reference. Image courtesy : link

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-altolxi2007rearparceltraytrim.jpg

2. Rear Parcel Tray for 2007 Alto LXi

My MGP ordered this : 99000M99741 for the rear parcel tray, but the tray that came was wider that what the rear of the Alto can accommodate. Might be that the part number is incorrect or the parcel tray was switched while packaging.

Thank you.
Old 27th December 2017, 22:39   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Both the MGP stores in my city have declared that the part is discontinued & there is no other compatible part. Whereas the MASS I regularly visit have said that they can try to place an order, but their system is not connected to some online database, so they are not sure whether the part is discontinued or not.

The other option would be to place an order through Boodmo & try my luck. The last option that I have is to look for an used or non MGP speedometer assy. How will these fare in the long run? Please advice.

P.S- This was the first time that we were told that a part for our 99 Omni has been discontinued. I guess after 18 years this is kind of expected.
Avoid local spares. IIRC you only need the fuel and temperature gauge??

Available options:

1.MGP store/MASS:

Part No: 34420M79521
Name: BODY FUEL & TEMP
Price: Rs. 344.5

2. I guess it's pricol made. Try pricol distributors. They keep child parts for old cars.

3. Try scrapyards/garages

4. Delhi Kashmere Gate

5. Boodmo: They also source from MGP stores/Kashmere Gate. So you may try.

Even if after so much you cannot find, then let me know. I'll activate my sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Hi guys. The suspension on my father's 2008 Swift VDi is pretty much dead. The guys who usually work on the car recommended changing the shocks and springs on the front and just the shocks at the rear. He quoted about 12k for the same. I wanted to know the parts numbers for the same and whether the price being quoted is proper.
Get pre-assembled struts for front, they are the best and cheaper too. This is how pre-assembled struts look, and its a 5 minute job, absolutely plug and play:

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-20170831_154236.jpg

Front struts:

Left:
Part No: 41068M75J41
Name: STRUT SET LH (SWIFT DIESEL HB NB)
Price: Rs. 3515

Part No: 41068M75J13
Name: STRUT SET LH (SWIFT DIESEL HB NB)
Price: Rs. 3840

Right:

Part No: 41069M75J13
Name: STRUT SET RH (SWIFT DIESEL HB NB)
Price: Rs. 3840

Part No: 41069M75J41
Name: STRUT SET RH (SWIFT DIESEL HB NB)
Name: 3515

One advice, make sure the last three characters in both right and left is same. If left is XXXXXMXXJ13 then the right should also be J13 only. They signify same vendor.

So you have two vendor options for front struts.

Rear shocks:

Part No: 41800M75J00/30(Here also two vendor concept is applicable)
Name: ABSORBER ASSY REAR SHOCK
Price: Rs. 1834(same price for both vendors)

So assuming cheaper of the two struts, and 500 labour, your total becomes: Rs. 3515x2+1834x2+500=Rs. 11,198

So yes the 12k estimate is very much real. Just make sure you go for the complete strut change, and not the separate overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
Dear Shashi,

Can I have the part numbers and availability status (if possible) for the following :

My MGP ordered this : 99000M99741 for the rear parcel tray, but the tray that came was wider that what the rear of the Alto can accommodate. Might be that the part number is incorrect or the parcel tray was switched while packaging.

Thank you.
You didn't mention which side quarter panel trim, hence keeping that reply for the next query.

The part number for parcel tray is correct. It's for alto only. You can try Old Alto K10's parcel tray too, as it was also based on the same shell, and changes if any were to the front. Just a guess, I can be wrong too.

Part No: 88910M66L00-T21
Name: SHELF COMP RR PARCEL
Price: Rs. 990

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-boot.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 27th December 2017 at 22:41.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 23:47   #564
BHPian

Quote:
You didn't mention which side quarter panel trim, hence keeping that reply for the next query.

The part number for parcel tray is correct. It's for alto only. You can try Old Alto K10's parcel tray too, as it was also based on the same shell, and changes if any were to the front. Just a guess, I can be wrong too.
Dear Shashi,
Apologies as I forgot to mention that I will be needing both the left and right side quarter panel trim. My Alto did not come with a parcel tray from factory and I never went for a local one as it does not look or feel OEM.

As for the parcel tray, let me try placing another order for the Alto K10 one. Theoretically it should work. Shall update the thread once I get my hands on the actual part.

Also, adding a few more items to my original query :

1. Fog lamp wiring harness for 2007 Alto LXi. If the wiring harness is not available separately, the entire fog lamp wiring kit will also do. The part number for the complete fog wiring kit would be : 990J0M79G11 but again my MGP dealer here mentioned that the part has been discontinued.

2. Switch and wiring harness for rear door (left & right) ajar switch for 2007 Alto LXi. I am not sure if I have the correct name for the part. This should be the switch and its wiring harness on the rear doors which is connected to the cabin lamp. Hope I am clear.

Regards,
Anoop
Old 28th December 2017, 01:27   #565
BHPian

Quote:

Part No: 88910M66L00-T21
Name: SHELF COMP RR PARCEL
Price: Rs. 990

Attachment 1710229

Regards,
Shashi
The parcel tray for the first gen Alto and the first gen Alto K10 is not interchangeable.

The Alto tray has a curved sides. The boot inner side panels in the Alto during the first half of the time it was sold was made of plastic. Similar to the material used for the dashboard and door pads. This panel had the grooves for the parcel tray to be hinged. Later on in the second half of the Alto's market life this plastic panel was replaced with a carpet like material which did not have any provision for the parcel tray to be fixed.

But at that time the MGA parcel tray had the side support - a curved plastic piece - not the full panel but just the top portion of the side panel to support the parcel tray hinge as part of the MGA Parcel Tray accessories pack.

The parcel tray from the Alto K10 has straight sides. So for it to be fit in the Alto you will definitely need to get the full inner side plastic panels from the K10.

But the panels are expensive - costlier than the tray itself.

Quote:
Dear Shashi,

I am attaching a picture for reference. Image courtesy : link

Attachment 1710075

Thank you.
I think you have the correct tray.

But the one for the old Alto is quite a tight fit. I too had the same issue.

Fold the rear seat, put in the tray at an angle, then guide the hinges into the grooves carefully.

Please note that the hinges go into the grooves from the bottom.

That should do the trick.

Last edited by Ramon : 28th December 2017 at 01:47.
Ramon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 11:32   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
The parcel tray for the first gen Alto and the first gen Alto K10 is not interchangeable...
...I think you have the correct tray.
1. Quarter Panel Trim :

That means there are two options for the quarter panel trim. I did some digging and managed to locate two images which show two different quarter panel trims. The first one (left image below) is from a regular Alto and the 2nd one (right image below) is from a limited edition Alto Xfun.

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-rearparceltraytrimtypesalto.jpg

The location of the screw on both the panels seem to be at the same location, so either one of the two should theoretically work for the Alto.

2. Parcel Tray :

The part number for the parcel tray will be this : 99000M99741 as confirmed by Ramon above.
Old 28th December 2017, 12:05   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The part number for parcel tray is correct. It's for alto only.
Quote:
The part number for the parcel tray will be this : 99000M99741 as confirmed by Ramon above.
Yes, that's the only part number for the old Alto, and that's a part of the MGA lineup, not the MGP one. But not sure why it didn't fit your car.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:08   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's the only part number for the old Alto, and that's a part of the MGA lineup, not the MGP one. But not sure why it didn't fit your car.
Regards,
Shashi
I am guessing there was a mix up at the store or something along those lines.

Anyways will be placing a fresh order at the MGP here once I get hold of the part numbers for the Quarter Panel Trim as this is something that will be difficult to locate.
Old 28th December 2017, 12:59   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing there was a mix up at the store or something along those lines.

Anyways will be placing a fresh order at the MGP here once I get hold of the part numbers for the Quarter Panel Trim as this is something that will be difficult to locate.
Well mixup is something which I cannot deny. However this happens at the vendor level mostly. Last year I had ordered M800 Unit's doorpad and they sent me a piece of export model in the set. Thus I got hold of the export variant part number and ordered a set of those export model ones.

Will give your quarter panel trims' part number by evening.
Old 28th December 2017, 22:39   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Quarter Panel Trim :

That means there are two options for the quarter panel trim. I did some digging and managed to locate two images which show two different quarter panel trims. The first one (left image below) is from a regular Alto and the 2nd one (right image below) is from a limited edition Alto Xfun.
Which trim would you like to have?? There are 4 different ones: Carpet one for Alto STD, X FUN, LXi etc??

NOTE: The XFUN ones are of different shade.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 28th December 2017 at 22:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks