Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 19:50   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Hi Shashi, part numbers for Garnish Trim for all 4 doors. Grand Viatara, 2007, 2.0 AT. Thanks.
Didn't understand the meaning of garnish trim Sir. Did you mean doorpads by any chance?? Kindly post a picture if you can.

Thanks.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 20:02   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Didn't understand the meaning of garnish trim Sir. Did you mean doorpads by any chance?? Kindly post a picture if you can.

Thanks.
Bro, I had posted a picture last time and you sent me the part numbers as well but they turned out for Glass Door Run. The same were ordered and received . So this time I thought Ill tell you what the mechanic called them. Let me describe it in words. we have the door frame which has the channels in which the door glass moves up and down. Now picture that hollow square of metal around the glass. On the base of this hollow square there is a rubber strip that is fixed. I need that rubber strip that is fixed on the outside. Another way of describing it, is as the opening through which the door glass emerges from the door when you close the windows. As the glass emerges from that small opening, the opening has two rubber strips on the either side of that opening. One on the inside and one on the outside. I need the outside rubber strip.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 22:39   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bro, I had posted a picture last time and you sent me the part numbers as well but they turned out for Glass Door Run. The same were ordered and received . So this time I thought Ill tell you what the mechanic called them. Let me describe it in words. we have the door frame which has the channels in which the door glass moves up and down. Now picture that hollow square of metal around the glass. On the base of this hollow square there is a rubber strip that is fixed. I need that rubber strip that is fixed on the outside. Another way of describing it, is as the opening through which the door glass emerges from the door when you close the windows. As the glass emerges from that small opening, the opening has two rubber strips on the either side of that opening. One on the inside and one on the outside. I need the outside rubber strip.
Usually called weather strip.
DRIV3R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 23:21   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Usually called weather strip.
Yup, understood. Thanks for the awesome explanation, gentlemen.

Part No: 83831-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP RR DOOR OUT RH
Price: Rs. 973

Part No: 83841-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP RR DOOR OUT LH

Part No: 83821-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP FR DOOR OUT LH
Price: Rs. 899

Part No: 83811-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP FR DOOR OUT RH

Posting an image too, for the confirmation:

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture.jpg

Equivalent of this, in GV

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-025.jpg

If I have got it wrong again, I am all ears for another round of explanation.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 00:21   #530
Senior - BHPian

Hello Shashi,
Model: 2006 Swift Gen-1, G13B, Petrol
Part looking for:
1. Tail light clusters LH & RH ( the original Gen-1 non clear lens one's) M.A.S.S in Kolkata tells me it's no more available in the market. Is it true?
2. Headlight assembly LH&RH w/o the stepper motor. Is it available?
Again M.A.S.S. says it's available including the stepper motor, which of course, pushes up the price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million in advance!
Best regards,
Old 10th December 2017, 15:32   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, understood. Thanks for the awesome explanation, gentlemen.

Part No: 83831-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP RR DOOR OUT RH

Part No: 83841-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP RR DOOR OUT LH

Part No: 83821-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP FR DOOR OUT LH

Part No: 83811-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP FR DOOR OUT RH

Posting an image too, for the confirmation:

Attachment 1704392

Equivalent of this, in GV

Attachment 1704393

If I have got it wrong again, I am all ears for another round of explanation.

Regards,
Shashi
Bingo. Thanks Shashi though the description was quite a test.
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 17:50   #532
BHPian

Hi Sashi,

Post an instrument cluster speedometer needle motor 'repair' on my 2010 zxi K series swift, perhaps co-incidental, the low-fuel warning light isn't working as tested on ignition.

1. Can you kindly advise if this is a surface mount LED or replaceable?
2. I believe a replacement of the instrument cluster costs quite a bit - can you kindly confirm?

Thank you in advance.
Old 12th December 2017, 23:33   #533
Senior - BHPian

Baleno 2004

Combinational Switch Assembly pricing please.
Old 13th December 2017, 00:06   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Baleno 2004

Combinational Switch Assembly pricing please.
Part No: 37400M60G50
Name: SWITCH ASSY COMBINATION
Price: Rs. 4603

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 10:24   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Do the MASS have different labor charges for the type/skill level of work, irrespective of the time taken to complete the work?

I ask this because I got the speed sensor changed on my WagonR K10. The whole work took less than 15 mins (30 mins including diagnosis and getting the spare issued from the Spares Counter) and they billed me 428 INR for labor (excluding taxes). Since I overlooked the whole work and saw the whole time taken to complete the work, I felt this value was on a much higher side.

EDIT: The speed sensor costs Rs.655 for the WagonR.

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th December 2017 at 10:42.
Old 13th December 2017, 10:41   #536
Senior - BHPian

A non critical enquiry. I want a couple of 'Automatic' badges that came on the 2nd gen Dzire. I asked around 3-4 MGP outlets and even paid a small advance to one known guy. However no updates on its availability. This has been since the last 3-4 months or even longer. Are logos and emblems not made frequently or not easily available?

It is not a critical part, but if anyone can provide me a part number for the same, it could get the MGP guy to place an order in front of me.
Old 13th December 2017, 10:47   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
It is not a critical part, but if anyone can provide me a part number for the same, it could get the MGP guy to place an order in front of me.
77851M55KA0-D51 : 64 Rs

You can order the same at Boodmo
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-embl...107.1486722219
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 11:42   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
1. Tail light clusters LH & RH ( the original Gen-1 non clear lens one's) M.A.S.S in Kolkata tells me it's no more available in the market. Is it true?
They are very much available.

Taillights with non clear lens:

Part No: 35650M75J00
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBIN
Price: Rs. 1276

Part No: 35670M75J00
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBIN
Price: Rs. 1276

Just in case you need the clear lens ones,

Part No: 35651M75610
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBINATION RH
Price: Rs. 1702

Part No: 35671M75610
Name: LAMP UNIT RR COMBINATION LH
Price: Rs. 1702

Quote:
2. Headlight assembly LH&RH w/o the stepper motor. Is it available?
Again M.A.S.S. says it's available including the stepper motor, which of course, pushes up the price.
In MGP I guess you cannot purchase without motor. But aftermarket options like purchasing directly from Lumax are there. Lumax sells both with, and without motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
1. Can you kindly advise if this is a surface mount LED or replaceable?
2. I believe a replacement of the instrument cluster costs quite a bit - can you kindly confirm?

Thank you in advance.
I guess the warning lights are surface mounted LEDs, as the parts manual doesn't show any replaceable child parts.

Yes the speedo unit is expensive. For your ZXi K series, the details are:

Part No: 34100M74KD0
Name: SPEEDOMETER ASSY
Price: Rs. 6825

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
A non critical enquiry. I want a couple of 'Automatic' badges that came on the 2nd gen Dzire.
Low price= lower margin. The MGP guys don't bother for such low price requests.

Part No: 77851M55KA0-D51
Name: EMBLEM(AUTOMATIC)
Price: Rs. 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Do the MASS have different labor charges for the type/skill level of work, irrespective of the time taken to complete the work?

I ask this because I got the speed sensor changed on my WagonR K10. The whole work took less than 15 mins (30 mins including diagnosis and getting the spare issued from the Spares Counter) and they billed me 428 INR for labor (excluding taxes). Since I overlooked the whole work and saw the whole time taken to complete the work, I felt this value was on a much higher side.

EDIT: The speed sensor costs Rs.655 for the WagonR.
Yes I know it's a 10 minutes job, and Rs. 428 labour charge is attrocious. I bet you had been to a Dealer workshop. Labour there is expensive, and they also love to inflate the bill in every single way possible. Labour rates, JFYI, also varies by the type of MASS(Platinum, Gold, A, B, C or D), the city type(tier 3 city has lower labour than Tier 1 city) and so on.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 12:02   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Low price= lower margin. The MGP guys don't bother for such low price requests.
Haha, Boodmo is the best place for emblems. I have seen many guys getting RS badge in Baleno FB group from Boodmo
Old 13th December 2017, 12:14   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Haha, Boodmo is the best place for emblems. I have seen many guys getting RS badge in Baleno FB group from Boodmo
Yes, on the Deltas and Zetas of the world.

The RS emblem is in great demand now. Forget Baleno, I am seeing that emblem on all sorts of vehicles, even a Bajaj RE autorickshaw.

Now I understand why the emblems of Premium manufacturers cost so much: Rs. 64 is nothing and everyone ends up getting one.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks