Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2018, 11:02   #676
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

The front left differential side axle boot is torn on my Wagon R - 2005. Local MASS folks said Maruti no longer have boot assembly as MGP. They said I have to replace entire axle. @Leoshashi Please help with the part number, if it is available.

Model Name- Maruti Wagon R 2005
Variant- Lxi Premia
Part Required (post a picture if the part isn't easy to describe)-
Front left axle boot on the differential side.

Attaching picture - Since there are no sounds yet, I hope I can do a boot replacement.
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_4366.jpg

Last edited by bijuks : 4th March 2018 at 11:19.
Old 4th March 2018, 13:24   #677
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Local MASS folks said Maruti no longer have boot assembly as MGP. They said I have to replace entire axle.

Attachment 1737675
This is exactly what the MASS, Hercules Automobiles, Trivandrum told me in 2014 December.

The circlip on the drive shaft boot of my A Star had slipped and grease was splattered all over the engine bay.

I asked the boot to to be replaced under extended warranty. The dealership claimed that this was not covered under warranty and I have to replace the full drive shaft at a cost of Rs. 3,500/- plus labour charges.

I took the car back home and wrote a strongly worded e-mail to Maruti.

The dealership called me within 3 days and asked me to bring in the car for repairs under warranty.

Took the car to Hercules Automobiles and a drive shaft boot kit in MGP packing had mysteriously materialised.

On being quizzed about their claim of the boot not being available the shame faced Service advisor mumbled something incoherent.

So yes - boot is available. But sorry it's been 4 years and I don't have or remember the part number.

Last edited by Ramon : 4th March 2018 at 13:40.
Ramon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 15:30   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello all,

Where can i purchase maruti genuine spares in bangalore? This is knowing that service centers do not sell over the counter for the most part.
Old 4th March 2018, 20:17   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hello all,

Where can i purchase maruti genuine spares in bangalore? This is knowing that service centers do not sell over the counter for the most part.
There is Essarr automobiles on the service road in bommanahalli and on MM industres road in Yediyur. Also one more in front of urvashi theater.
Nema auto spares on Saint John's Church road, Cleveland town, Shivajinagar and SSI industrial area in Rajajinagar.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 21:27   #680
BHPian

Hi Shashi!
Is there any MGP labelled throttle body cleaner that I can get from the MGP store for my WagonR. Also do share the price of it.

Thanks.
Old 5th March 2018, 06:53   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Sashi, can you please provide the part number stereo wiring harness for Swift 2017?
Model Name- Swift 2017
Variant- Zxi
stereo wiring harness
According to the manual, this wiring harness is a part of the instrument panel wiring harness, and isn't available separately. I guess your best bet is with the aftermarket audio guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
How do I take this about, since Shell Helix is listed in Maruti MGA/MGP brochure but not provided to customer, even on demand.
Shooting a strong worded mail to Maruti works wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithpnair View Post
Hello Shashi,
Could you please help me with part numbers of:
* Gear box mounting bolt- 3nos of M12 but shorter length and
* 1 no. Of M12 bolt for same purpose.
There are total four bolts primarily holding gearbox with engine (Aluminum) crankcase in Baleno.

Vehicle is Baleno BS-III Vxi, 2006 model.

Also if you can provide source details, it will be a great help. Thanks.

Regards,
Sujith
The manual doesn't speak about the size and other technical parameters of the bolts, but I guess this is what you are looking for:

Part No: 01550M12653
Name: BOLT BLOCK AND T/M CASE
Price: Rs. 18

Part No: 01550-12753
Name: BOLT
Price: Rs. 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
The front left differential side axle boot is torn on my Wagon R - 2005. Local MASS folks said Maruti no longer have boot assembly as MGP. They said I have to replace entire axle. @Leoshashi Please help with the part number, if it is available.

Model Name- Maruti Wagon R 2005
Variant- Lxi Premia
Front left axle boot on the differential side.

Attaching picture - Since there are no sounds yet, I hope I can do a boot replacement.
Attachment 1737675
Part No: 44119M84320
Name: BOOT SET DIFF SIDE
Price: Rs. 477

Part No: 44119M84311
Name: BOOT SET DIFFERENTIAL SIDE
Price: Rs. 165

It's shared with M800 5 Speed/Alto, hence availability shouldn't be an issue unless the dealer is deliberately playing foul here. I have seen many cases where dealer/MASS refrain from changing the boot as the margin in replacing the whole driveshaft is more.

I have given two part numbers, depending upon the brand of driveshaft which is installed in your car. Most likely it's the first one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4203529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi Shashi!
Is there any MGP labelled throttle body cleaner that I can get from the MGP store for my WagonR. Also do share the price of it.

Thanks.
Not that I am aware of, but you can use 3M's Carb and Choke cleaner for all such purposes. I used the same in my car recently to clean the TB and the IAC, and it worked as intended.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th March 2018 at 06:54.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 10:13   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Part No: 44119M84320
Name: BOOT SET DIFF SIDE
Price: Rs. 477

Part No: 44119M84311
Name: BOOT SET DIFFERENTIAL SIDE
Price: Rs. 165
Even in my WagonR, the left side differential boot is torn. Dealer service center advised me on replacing the whole driveshaft so I took my car to the MASS nearby. He told me although the parts are available separately, yet they haven't seen much success in replacing just the boot alone. Maybe I should share the link of your M800 thread with him.

His advice was since the axle isn't making any noise while taking turns so I should continue with the torn boot till it does and then replace the whole assembly.

Similarly, when I called him for throttle body cleaning, he began convincing that they only do TB plus Injector cleaning combined which would cost me 1300 plus.

Looks like my search for a competent MASS continues.
Old 5th March 2018, 13:36   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
His advice was since the axle isn't making any noise while taking turns so I should continue with the torn boot till it does and then replace the whole assembly.
It's like a doctor saying that we won't give you medicines for minor cough and cold, since you are able to walk straight. Let that develop into something major, come on a stretcher and then we shall admit you into ICU directly.

There is nothing such as success or failure when it comes to boot replacement. They avoid boot replacements simply so that your driveshaft fails and then they stand a chance of charging you 10 times more. Boot should be replaced as soon as the tear is noticed, so that sand and dirt particles don't get into the CV joint and damage it. The boot kit comes with a pack of grease, boot and clamps which is everything you need. Please don't drive around like that.

My 800s driveshaft is more than 18 years old, still the original one which came with the factory. Out of the 4 boots, 3 have been replaced while 1 is still the original one. The only care I have taken for the driveshaft is monitoring the boots on a regular basis.

Quote:

Similarly, when I called him for throttle body cleaning, he began convincing that they only do TB plus Injector cleaning combined which would cost me 1300 plus.
Offtopic: Is your service centre a dealer owned workshop?? Sounds like one.

Regards
Shashi

PS: You can clean your throttle body yourself. All you need is a 10mm spanner, a 2 in 1 screwdriver, throttle body gasket, long nose plier and some sort of non corrosive cleaner.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th March 2018 at 13:56.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 15:41   #684
BHPian

Quote:
It's like a doctor saying that we won't give you medicines for minor cough and cold, since you are able to walk straight. Let that develop into something major, come on a stretcher and then we shall admit you into ICU directly.

Quote:
There is nothing such as success or failure when it comes to boot replacement. They avoid boot replacements simply so that your driveshaft fails and then they stand a chance of charging you 10 times more. Boot should be replaced as soon as the tear is noticed, so that sand and dirt particles don't get into the CV joint and damage it. The boot kit comes with a pack of grease, boot and clamps which is everything you need. Please don't drive around like that.
Got it. I will get it replaced asap.

Quote:
Offtopic: Is your service centre a dealer owned workshop?? Sounds like one.
The dealer owned workshop suggested a full driveshaft replacement saying they don't do part replacements for this.
It's the non dealer owned MASS, Saisha Motors, Jaipur, which advised to continue driving like this and change the whole thing when it starts making noise on wheel turns since they think boot replacements don't work that good.
Maybe this is why I trust my dealer workshop more than this MASS.

Quote:
You can clean your throttle body yourself. All you need is a 10mm spanner, a 2 in 1 screwdriver, throttle body gasket, long nose plier and some sort of non corrosive cleaner.
I just dirtied my hands on this. Removed the air intake hose and cleaned the throttle body from outside by spraying some carb cleaner spray. It was full of black grease like stuff. Then rubbed it off with a cloth.
I think it's gonna take some time and some YouTube videos for me to disassemble the complete TB to clean the IAC valve and change the gaskets.

Remember I had asked about the erratic idling problem on the WagonR issues thread? Looks like what I did just now has solved it!
Old 5th March 2018, 23:35   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer owned workshop suggested a full driveshaft replacement saying they don't do part replacements for this.
Why?? Again proves the dealer is unethical.

Quote:
It's the non dealer owned MASS, Saisha Motors, Jaipur, which advised to continue driving like this and change the whole thing when it starts making noise on wheel turns since they think boot replacements don't work that good.
Maybe this is why I trust my dealer workshop more than this MASS.
Finding an honest workshop is pure luck I'd say. Even at my MASS, there are 40 mechanics and 5 SA's. Out of them I allow only 3 mechanics and 1 SA to work on my car. I have never been rude with others but they simply don't bother coming to me, knowing how particular I am when it comes to my cars.

I see this Saisha Motors is A category MASS. Surprising to see their attitude. Why don't you try other A category MASS in Jaipur? I see there are two other such MASS.

Quote:
I just dirtied my hands on this. Removed the air intake hose and cleaned the throttle body from outside by spraying some carb cleaner spray. It was full of black grease like stuff. Then rubbed it off with a cloth.
I think it's gonna take some time and some YouTube videos for me to disassemble the complete TB to clean the IAC valve and change the gaskets.

Remember I had asked about the erratic idling problem on the WagonR issues thread? Looks like what I did just now has solved it!
Excellent. While nothing beats complete disassembly and then cleaning, you can do this for the best results without taking everything apart:

1. Make sure you aren't in a dusty place, as you'll have to idle without air filter for some time.

2. This is how my throttle body looks, your will also be the same. If you notice, there is a tiny aperture before the throttle plate, that is for air to pass through Idle Air Control Valve(IAC).

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-20180220_174651.jpg

3. With your car idling, and your other hand on the throttle cable, spray some carb cleaner aimed at that aperture. Don't spray too much. Your idle will fall, car will shudder, but that's when you'll need to pull that cable. It will increase your idle and prevent your car from turning off. Repeat this a few times. A lot of smoke will come out from your exhaust.

4. Turn off the car. Now pull your cable to maximum so that throttle plate opens completely. Now spray the cleaner generously around the plate. Your intake should become squeaky clean sans any black deposits. Keep a rag handy to wipe off the black crap which comes out. Take care not to touch the throttle plate. First, its too sharp and can damage your skin. Second, if you attempt cleaning by say any sharp metal object, it can damage the plate again.

So cleaner and rag is the only way recommended

If you are not going to drive your car for the rest of the day, I'd recommend putting some cleaner in that hole(IAC) so that all gunk soaks up. Your next start will be troublesome, but it's normal.

Regarding your injector cleaner, you can try Liqui Moly Injector cleaner. If your car is affected or you have never used any such treatment before, I'd recommend using two cans. Pour two cans in your fuel tank once fuel level is around 25% and you are at petrol pump for refill. Just before the refill, pour both cans and then do a tankful. Then drive a bit hard, your injectors will get cleaned. I have used it myself and personally have verified that it cleans the injectors. Don't use any other Liqui Moly fuel additive: Its waste of money.

Do this and you won't have any issues with idling.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th March 2018 at 23:46.
Old 6th March 2018, 13:02   #686
BHPian

Quote:
I see this Saisha Motors is A category MASS. Surprising to see their attitude. Why don't you try other A category MASS in Jaipur? I see there are two other such MASS.
I will definitely give other workshops a try.

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Next time I will do as per these steps.

Quote:
Regarding your injector cleaner, you can try Liqui Moly Injector cleaner. If your car is affected or you have never used any such treatment before, I'd recommend using two cans.
I have been using System G additive during every tank fill and I definitely feel some difference with it the moment I move the car out of fuel station. However it lasts only for a while especially during summers so I will surely give the Liqui Moly injector cleaner a try.
Thanks for all the tips. Very helpful indeed.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 11:28   #687
BHPian

What is the cost of Water in Fuel sensor for Swift Diesel VDi January 2008 manufacture? Photo of the part (photo source)

Also, Does it come as a part of the filter itself or is it sold separately?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture.png  

Old 13th March 2018, 16:16   #688
Senior - BHPian

Dear Shashi,

Grand Vitara 2.0 AT 2007, need part numbers for the front shocker mountings.

Thanks.
Old 13th March 2018, 23:09   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Any update please? Were you able to compile the list of things to be changed?
Good news!!

Thanks a lot for your patience, really appreciate it. Almost done with the list, just cross checking it once and will be posting it in an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
What is the cost of Water in Fuel sensor for Swift Diesel VDi January 2008 manufacture? Photo of the part (photo source)

Also, Does it come as a part of the filter itself or is it sold separately?
Guess this is what you are talking about:

Part No: 15411M86J00
Name: SENSOR WATER LEVEL
Price: Rs. 1068

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Dear Shashi,

Grand Vitara 2.0 AT 2007, need part numbers for the front shocker mountings.

Thanks.
Which one from this?? Your description "Shocker mounting" is a bit vague.

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture.jpg

Kindly let me know which one you mean and then I'll give the prices.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th March 2018 at 23:14.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 02:19   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

I usually never entertain mod jobs in this thread, but since it was a bit interesting, I decided to break my own rules.

Quote:
Good news!!

Thanks a lot for your patience, really appreciate it. Almost done with the list, just cross checking it once and will be posting it in an hour.
Quote:
Can I get the part numbers and cost of the dashboard panels (Black) of Swift/Swift Dzire Zxi (with airbag) labled 1 to 4

1. Panel passenger side (used in Zxi with airbag)
2. Center Panel
3. Panel around instrument console.
4. Panel around stereo.

In addition to this I need cost and part numbers of the cup holders on both sides. All this in BLACK.

I intend to replace the brown panels in my Ertiga Zxi+ with black panels provided the cost is reasonable.
It's not so simple as we thought it was.

Part No: 73872M74L00-5PK
Name: GARNISHI/P SIDEL
Price: Rs. 46

Part No: 73640M74L00-5PK
Name: LOUVER SIDE VENT LH
Price: Rs. 174

Part No: 73652M74L00-5PK
Name: NOZZLE SIDE DEMISTER LH
Price: Rs. 16

Part No: 73921M74L00-5PK
Name: COVER AIRBAG HOLE
Price: Rs. 265

Part No: 73118M74L00
Name: SEAL INSTRUMENT PANEL
Price: Rs. 5

Part No: 73800M74L00-GJL
Name: BOX ASSY I/P CENTER UPPER
Price: Rs. 346

Part No: 73311M74L20-5PK
Name: PANEL INSTRUMENT CLUST
Price: Rs. 290

Part No: 73871M74L10-5PK
Name: GARNISHI/P SIDER
Price: Rs. 50

Part No: 73651M74L00-5PK
Name: NOZZLE SIDE DEMISTER RH
Price: Rs. 16

Part No: 73630M74L00-5PK
Name: LOUVER SIDE VENT RH
Price: Rs. 174

Part No: 73610M74L00-5PK
Name: LOUVER CTR VENT (BLACK)
Price: Rs. 332

Part No: 73880M74L00-5PK
Name: HOLDER CUP (BLACK)
Price: Rs. 455

In addition to this, you'll also need to change the steering wheel assembly and the airbag. Otherwise it will standout in a sea of black. Another difficulty will be that since your's is a ZXI+, it comes with a touch unit. Neither swift nor the Dzire got touchscreen, and hence the bezel around the unit will remain brown unless you get it painted.

Regards,
Shashi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks