Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Old 29th February 2020, 13:54   #496
RBT

Hi
Just gone through you ordeal. The Clutch System of your car is required to be inspected on the vehicle by first self driving and feeling the problem and then narrating the same to the service adviser to either drive or ask any QC person to drive the same so that the problems faced by you are much more authenticated for further action.

The reasons can be any thing from sticking or binding in the pedal linkage, cable, cross shaft, or pivot ball are common causes. Sometimes a blockage or worn seals in the hydraulic system can also cause a hard clutch.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th February 2020 at 16:38.
Old 26th June 2020, 19:49   #497
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: About clutch wear & replacement

My Getz 1.3 stopped moving while in gear (just accelerating) and I got it towed to the nearest service centre. The car was serviced yesterday and they said the clutch was fine albeit a bit hard. As per the service centre, the clutch plate, pressure plate, master and slave clutch cylinder need to be replaced - quote of 23k. I am not keen on replacing the master and slave cylinder as I plan to sell the car next year. They are recommending to replace it too as the car has run 97,000 kms. What do you guys recommend?

Is it required to replace all the parts? I have requested them to call me once they dismantle the clutch. Thanks

Most Viewed