Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2023, 15:18   #1516
BHPian

Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Update : I purchased a Vgate icar3 OBD II adapter (currently unavailable at Amazon) and it shows the ATF temperature in my Astar using the SZ app.
Hello, what is the typical ATF temperature you see, especially during your bumper to bumper in city drives?

(I know you had changed your ATF once about 5 years ago)
Sumedik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 16:30   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
Hello, what is the typical ATF temperature you see, especially during your bumper to bumper in city drives?

(I know you had changed your ATF once about 5 years ago)
It's mostly around 50C and then rises to 78C. Will have to check in bumper to bumper traffic. This app is very user unfriendly, so I have no way of getting the max temp after a drive or increasing the font etc., so quite hard to view the temperature while driving.
Old 8th April 2023, 17:10   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
This app is very user unfriendly, so I have no way of getting the max temp after a drive or increasing the font etc., so quite hard to view the temperature while driving.
You can check right at the end of a city trip of 30 minutes or more. The temperature at the end of the trip is going to be very close to the highest temperature reached, since ATF takes a long while to cool down.
Sumedik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 14:02   #1519
BHPian

Dear members, can some one guide me where can I procure the OBD Eleven device ? There is one listed on Amazon but I was wondering if there is a official seller/ distribution here in Chennai that can be a reliable channel with support ?
Old 24th May 2023, 18:45   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Dear members, can some one guide me where can I procure the OBD Eleven device ? There is one listed on Amazon but I was wondering if there is a official seller/ distribution here in Chennai that can be a reliable channel with support ?
Hi, I recently purchased obd11 from their direct website https://obdeleven.com/en/
The device itself was shipped within 48 hours and reached Indian customs pretty quickly. And they took over 2 weeks to dispatch from there. And customs have charged me 2500!!
It’s ridiculous that I had to pay so much for customs for such a small part which costed £99. So far I haven’t used it as I have been away and also couldn’t figure out where to connect it on my Slavia. I will need to spend sometime and figure it out.

Can anyone help understand where to connect this obd11 on Slavia? Is it at the same place where the Jio adapter is connected?
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 19:19   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Hi, I recently purchased obd11 from their direct website https://obdeleven.com/en/
The device itself was shipped within 48 hours and reached Indian customs pretty quickly. And they took over 2 weeks to dispatch from there. And customs have charged me 2500!!
It’s ridiculous that I had to pay so much for customs for such a small part which costed £99. So far I haven’t used it as I have been away and also couldn’t figure out where to connect it on my Slavia. I will need to spend sometime and figure it out.

Can anyone help understand where to connect this obd11 on Slavia? Is it at the same place where the Jio adapter is connected?
Yeah I too bought from their site directly and customs duty was a day light robbery. I paid INR 4000 and more than the duty, the GST was ridiculous!

Have been playing around the device and enabled a few handy features in my Kodiaq. The connection is a bit dodgy and it's not the smoothest experience. Once connected you can fiddle around the Apps and Adaptations.

You need to connect the Device to the cars obd port under the steering column.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 19:44   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Yeah I too bought from their site directly and customs duty was a day light robbery. I paid INR 4000 and more than the duty, the GST was ridiculous!

Have been playing around the device and enabled a few handy features in my Kodiaq. The connection is a bit dodgy and it's not the smoothest experience. Once connected you can fiddle around the Apps and Adaptations.

You need to connect the Device to the cars obd port under the steering column.
Finally found the port thank you! I’ll play around and post my observations! And yes, the customs are ridiculous!
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:15   #1523

I am looking for an OBD-II scanner for Tata Safari XZA+(O). This is the 2023 Safari with ADAS.

What is the recommended one that has lot of features, including clearing some fault codes?

Robostore India and V Gate are two top contenders in my search. Need expert opinion. Please help.
Old 9th July 2023, 15:23   #1524
BHPian

Found the best OBD dongle (for Toyota's) with almost a full feature set, confirmed working on my 2011 3.0L D4D 4x4 MT model - https://www.vxdiagshop.com/wholesale...i-version.html
Only downside is the dongle is huge, as big as my palm and it needs a Windows machine to run the Toyota Techstream software.

If anyone in Pune has a 1GD and wishes to test if it works with their vehicle too, feel free to PM me.
Cost me Rs.12000 with 3 day shipping + Rs.2710 import duty, can be as little as Rs.8600 if someone carries it down from the EU / US.

They have models for almost all cars, you can get a model with 3 car brands of your choice too in the pro version, I got just the Toyota version.

This is where I first heard of it - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how...nutes.1034923/
Oh, and if you have the appropriate Toyota Techstream subscription, you can use this dongle to reprogram the injectors and new pumps etc.

Last edited by Strykar : 9th July 2023 at 15:30.
Strykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 16:43   #1525
BHPian

Proof's in the pudding, forgot to attach screenshots -
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-img_20230709_111039.jpg  

Strykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:04   #1526
BHPian

BS 6 I & II referred to as OBD 1 and 2 - correct or not?

I’ve been coming across lots of chatter, from dealerships included, referring to BS 6 compliant cars as OBD 1 cars, and BS 6 - II compliant cars as OBD 2 cars.

According to my understanding, OBD 1 and and 2 have nothing to do with BS phase I and II, but refer to On Board Diagnostics and scanners. OBD 1 is history for a while now - since the mid/late 90s and OBD 2 has been the standard internationally. So therefore referring to a BS 6 Phase I car as OBD 1 car is wrong and makes no sense, according to me.

Am I missing something?
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 23:57   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Just reach out to me in case you need any help related to these.
Hi Traveler, from where did you buy it from?, can you help direct me to the seller. Thanks!
Old 15th July 2023, 02:55   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi Traveler, from where did you buy it from?, can you help direct me to the seller. Thanks!
Carried it while coming from US, bought from Amazon. There is an India dealer too. You can check at https://www.autelindia.in/
Old 21st September 2023, 10:25   #1529
BHPian

I was using the GoMechanic OBD scanner, and it was one of the best products available in the market. It featured cellular connectivity, which allowed it to perform a wide range of functions. Unfortunately, due to the recent company debacle, their services have been discontinued, and the device is no longer functional.

(For those who still possess this device, please contact the support team, as they are offering refunds.)

With that said, could you kindly recommend a similar device that offers these additional features? I'm particularly interested in features such as GPS monitoring, trip details, and consumption statistics.
Old 25th September 2023, 20:03   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykar View Post
Found the best OBD dongle (for Toyota's) with almost a full feature set, confirmed working on my 2011 3.0L D4D 4x4 MT model - https://www.vxdiagshop.com/wholesale...i-version.html
Only downside is the dongle is huge, as big as my palm and it needs a Windows machine to run the Toyota Techstream software.

If anyone in Pune has a 1GD and wishes to test if it works with their vehicle too, feel free to PM me.
Cost me Rs.12000 with 3 day shipping + Rs.2710 import duty, can be as little as Rs.8600 if someone carries it down from the EU / US.

They have models for almost all cars, you can get a model with 3 car brands of your choice too in the pro version, I got just the Toyota version.

This is where I first heard of it - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how...nutes.1034923/
Oh, and if you have the appropriate Toyota Techstream subscription, you can use this dongle to reprogram the injectors and new pumps etc.
The Toyota Hycross is fairly new entrant to the hybrid car family in India. Being a hybrid I presume the OBD would be significantly different from a normal ICE. Does the Toyota Hycross have a standard OBD port and would OBD dongles like the VGate Pro combined OBD Auto Doctor work ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks