Team-BHP > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 07:05   #1381
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,257
Thanked: 7,677 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Is it ok to plug a made in China OBD-II scanner in? Uses Torque and Dashcommand of course.

Branded Konwei, says it is an ELM-327 interface and supports all OBD-II.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elm3...311.0.0.KcX3ki

edit - Someone is selling the exact same thing on Amazon branded "Gadgetguru" - https://www.amazon.in/GadgetGuru-wir.../dp/B0171VY89O

Last edited by hserus : 18th December 2017 at 07:09.
hserus is offline  
Old 18th December 2017, 09:07   #1382
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: KA03
Posts: 615
Thanked: 2,109 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Is it ok to plug a made in China OBD-II scanner in? Uses Torque and Dashcommand of course.

Branded Konwei, says it is an ELM-327 interface and supports all OBD-II.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elm3...311.0.0.KcX3ki
Use this app ELM327 Checker
to determine if it is 100% compatible or not. But using it will not damage anything (as far as I can tell), though you will not be able to read some of the parameters if your device does not comply with the standard.
mvadg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:12   #1383
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,257
Thanked: 7,677 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Use this app ELM327 Checker
to determine if it is 100% compatible or not. But using it will not damage anything (as far as I can tell), though you will not be able to read some of the parameters if your device does not comply with the standard.
I have an iPhone though, no android around right now. Is there a suitable iPhone app? Thanks!
hserus is offline  
Old 18th December 2017, 10:50   #1384
BHPian
 
vidyanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: BLR
Posts: 143
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I have an iPhone though, no android around right now. Is there a suitable iPhone app? Thanks!
Dash - If your purpose is to monitor your driving along with other relevant car info. I have been using this app for around 3 years. It works with ELM OBD adapter link you shared. I have a similar one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...904108101?mt=8
It has Android app as well and I like it.

Last edited by vidyanand : 18th December 2017 at 10:53. Reason: added more info
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:23   #1385
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,257
Thanked: 7,677 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Dash - If your purpose is to monitor your driving along with other relevant car info. I have been using this app for around 3 years. It works with ELM OBD adapter link you shared. I have a similar one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...904108101?mt=8
It has Android app as well and I like it.
Funny, funny. It just refuses to pair with my iPhone 7. Shows up as a BT device named OBD-II and when I try to pair with it, I get the error that it is not supported.

Now I got to see where I can lay hands on an android device.
hserus is offline  
Old 19th December 2017, 19:54   #1386
BHPian
 
vidyanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: BLR
Posts: 143
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I get the error that it is not supported.
Bluetooth OBD Adapters were not compatible with earlier iPhone's Bluetooth protocol so they had WiFi OBD adapters which were priced more than twice of these Bluetooth ones. What I was not aware that it is still not compatible. I will try to test with my Wife's iPhone to be sure. I use Android if I did not mention that earlier.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 19:58   #1387
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Funny, funny. It just refuses to pair with my iPhone 7. Shows up as a BT device named OBD-II and when I try to pair with it, I get the error that it is not supported.
I think iphones pairs only with OBD2 adapter of either BT version 4 or wifi but not works with BT version 3.

Anyone having experience with OBD2 Android app 'Hobdrive'; Currently the pro version is at 50% discount at Rs. 650 against the usual Rs. 1400

Last edited by batman : 19th December 2017 at 20:10. Reason: Addl. Query added
batman is offline  
Old 7th January 2018, 15:04   #1388
Senior - BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,492
Thanked: 3,129 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Does anyone have experience in using the Vgate iCar Pro (URL) on a Honda City 4th Gen Diesel?
vsrivatsa is offline  
Old 7th January 2018, 19:07   #1389
BHPian
 
gururajrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: KA 01-09
Posts: 835
Thanked: 1,435 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Any alternatives for torque pro? I am unable to find it on app store. I do not think it's available for iOS?
gururajrv is offline  
Old 8th January 2018, 10:37   #1390
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 482
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Any alternatives for torque pro? I am unable to find it on app store. I do not think it's available for iOS?
You can use DashCommand for iOS.
bhp_maniac is offline  
Old 24th January 2018, 16:13   #1391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 68
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

I bought an ELM327 mini for my Ritz ZDi. The seller mentioned it as v1.5 (did not specify whether hardware or software) but when i hooked it up to my car the Torque app showed it to be v2.1. Strange!

Ok so the obd2 adapter is working fine however i am a bit curious as to the number of sensors it has detected on my car's ECU. I guess i have seen many more sensors on other people's thread here. Like in my case it does not show the turbocharger rpm, turbocharger temperature, boost pressure, NOx control status etc. Please take a look below:-

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-ob2-ecu-sensors.jpg

Guys can anyone of you let me know if this much is ok or should there have been more sensors detected for my car?

Also there is one thing which is confusing. Even though the list of sensors detected does not make mention of Boost (ie. Turbocharger), yet in Real-Time statistics a dial 'Boost' is shown with psi as its unit and does respond normally when i accelerate. What is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shobhitk : 24th January 2018 at 16:21.
shobhitk is offline  
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:20   #1392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 299
Thanked: 495 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Someone is selling the exact same thing on Amazon branded "Gadgetguru" - https://www.amazon.in/GadgetGuru-wir.../dp/B0171VY89O
Have you actually used this product, either bought from Aliexpress or Amazon? How does it perform, also, which cars have you used it on?

Apologies for the barrage of questions, trying to figure out which OBD scanner is best for Swift Diesel 2008 and Honda City Diesel.
varunsangal is offline  
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:55   #1393
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Electri-City
Posts: 2,252
Thanked: 1,992 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhitk View Post
I bought an ELM327 mini for my Ritz ZDi...i am a bit curious as to the number of sensors it has detected on my car's ECU. I guess i have seen many more sensors on other people's thread here. Like in my case it does not show the turbocharger rpm, turbocharger temperature, boost pressure, NOx control status etc.
AFAIK, the ECU used for Suzuki's DDiS (FIAT MultiJet-Diesel manufactured under license) does not provide all the sensors and parameters through a third party tool, such as Torque or Bosch Fun2Drive. All parameters can be seen only through Suzuki's proprietary scanner. The OBD-II compliance is limited to Emission control related parameters.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 03:14   #1394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 237
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhitk View Post

Ok so the obd2 adapter is working fine however i am a bit curious as to the number of sensors it has detected on my car's ECU. I guess i have seen many more sensors on other people's thread here. Like in my case it does not show the turbocharger rpm, turbocharger temperature, boost pressure, NOx control status etc. Please take a look below:-


Also there is one thing which is confusing. Even though the list of sensors detected does not make mention of Boost (ie. Turbocharger), yet in Real-Time statistics a dial 'Boost' is shown with psi as its unit and does respond normally when i accelerate. What is happening here?

Thanks in advance.
Intake manifold pressure is actually boost.
There is no turbo rpm and temperature sensor in 1.3 ddis.
Everything looks fine.👍

Last edited by interc00led : 3rd February 2018 at 03:16.
interc00led is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 10:00   #1395
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 68
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
AFAIK, the ECU used for Suzuki's DDiS (FIAT MultiJet-Diesel manufactured under license) does not provide all the sensors and parameters through a third party tool, such as Torque or Bosch Fun2Drive. All parameters can be seen only through Suzuki's proprietary scanner. The OBD-II compliance is limited to Emission control related parameters.
Thanks for the useful information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Intake manifold pressure is actually boost.
There is no turbo rpm and temperature sensor in 1.3 ddis.
Everything looks fine.👍
oh thats great!

I see. so is this boost reading different from the boost readings created by turbocharger or is this the same boost which is related to the turbo? i mean can the condition of turbocharger be determined by referring to this value?
shobhitk is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks