Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:03   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Finally found the window curtain thingy I had mentioned earlier. It's available at reliance mall in santacruz,Mumbai.
It's grey in color with perforations. Seems to be of a decent quality. Cost 450 for a pair. Only downside is has to be fitted with those suction clips.
Hi, Can you post a pic of the same. Would really help in deciding whether to get those curtains or not. The guy who i spoke does not stock any and says he will order it. No Demo :(.

Plus i removed all the films from the Vtec over the weekend. Now next week i need to remove the residual gum from the glasses, its a pain to actually do that.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:30   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Hey ankit what's the update on your car?
You found new workshop on Sohna road? Share the details of the garage.
My car has a new suspension (yet again!) and a partial engine rebuild and a few things here there. Delivery is tomorrow.

The garage is on the Wazirabad Mandi road - Tamanna Automobiles.
It's a BOSCH authorized garage and the head mechanic is a Maruti certified guy.

Call me if you want more details, directions etc.
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:05   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi, Can you post a pic of the same. Would really help in deciding whether to get those curtains or not. The guy who i spoke does not stock any and says he will order it. No Demo :(.

Plus i removed all the films from the Vtec over the weekend. Now next week i need to remove the residual gum from the glasses, its a pain to actually do that.
Sadly, i did not take any pic of that. But its readily available in the mall. If i do head there this week i will take a pic.
The look of the vtec would've changed without tints on them. Do you plan on putting lighter tints ?
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:16   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, i did not take any pic of that. But its readily available in the mall. If i do head there this week i will take a pic.
The look of the vtec would've changed without tints on them. Do you plan on putting lighter tints ?
An RTO official very clearly said that the Court Order directs them to prevent use of any film so its better to take it off and i did just that. And anyways the film was too old. I am just waiting to get those sticky gum marks and then it would look squeaky clean.

Regarding the window curtains, they are available in different sizes for different cars, so if anyone planning to get it, please check before you buy.
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:57   #1250
BHPian

Finally my beloved OHC get rid of CEL after 5-6 months . Got the O2 from Amazon damage to the pocket as per my Credit Card Statement Rs 3,382.31 + Rs 100 for installation from a reputed FNG Wiz Wheels @ Kakkand Cochin, as Honda Service Center and Carnation was not happy that I got the part from outside and didn’t help me in installing it even though it is a pretty easy job. Yet to check the FE after the installation but the CEL is gone immediately after installation and resetting of the ECU.

Invoice from Amazon
Denso-Invoice From Amazon.pdf

New Part1
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-15102012007.jpg
New Part2
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-15102012008.jpg
Replaced Part1
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-20102012037.jpg
Replaced Part2
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-20102012040.jpg

Last edited by vinu_pm : 22nd October 2012 at 21:05.
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:19   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm
Finally my beloved OHC get rid of CEL after 5-6 months . Got the O2 from Amazon damage to the pocket as per my Credit Card Statement Rs 3,382.31 + Rs 100 for installation from a reputed FNG Wiz Wheels @ Kakkand Cochin, as Honda Service Center and Carnation was not happy that I got the part from outside and didn’t help me in installing it even though it is a pretty easy job. Yet to check the FE after the installation but the CEL is gone immediately after installation and resetting of the ECU
When my O2 sensor had gone bust I put a duplicate one. Set me back around the same amount you've paid. I have experienced no problem ever since. And it's been almost three years now.
This may be off topic..but have you included shipping charges. Because on the amazon India website I.e junglee.com the shipping charges are phenomenal for many things.
It's sad that these garages don't allow us to source the parts. Maybe the profits they earn on parts are huge. Could you share the procedure of you put the O2 sensor.

Last edited by raycers_honda : 22nd October 2012 at 23:23.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:03   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Then what's wrong with 14"?

15 inch with 50 profile is a suspension killer (I changed thrice).

I recently shifted to 195/55/15 for the front wheels only and it makes a considerable difference from the 50 profile. I can see the suspension holding up much better.

The only downside is the speedo error which is outside the recommended limit. Gives no issues whatsoever otherwise. Do this!
Right now, I am on 195/55/15 for all wheels. If you don't mind me asking, what size do you have on the back and why?
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:23   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
My car has a new suspension (yet again!) and a partial engine rebuild and a few things here there. Delivery is tomorrow.

The garage is on the Wazirabad Mandi road - Tamanna Automobiles.
It's a BOSCH authorized garage and the head mechanic is a Maruti certified guy.

Call me if you want more details, directions etc.
I got about the workshop. Have seen it quite a times.
Yet again a new suspension. What all got changed?
What include partial rebuild of engine?
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:26   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_azz View Post
Got it done at a shop in palika bhawan, opp hyatt hotel. It was on the ground floor,dont remember the name.Incase you want to go there, just ask anyone where the lathewalas shop is and they will guide you to it.
Boy you didn't share the details of the workshop you got the whole work done!?!
You could also PM me.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:41   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
When my O2 sensor had gone bust I put a duplicate one. Set me back around the same amount you've paid. I have experienced no problem ever since. And it's been almost three years now.
This may be off topic..but have you included shipping charges. Because on the amazon India website I.e junglee.com the shipping charges are phenomenal for many things.
It's sad that these garages don't allow us to source the parts. Maybe the profits they earn on parts are huge. Could you share the procedure of you put the O2 sensor.
The cost Rs 3382 includes the shipping + import duty etc . Look at the split up in the attached pdf Invoice in my above post. The actual cost of the part is just $ 38 . I Ordered it on the Amazon.com not the India site, surprisingly they had an option to send it to India.

The process of installing it is very simple, even though i did it with the help of a trusted garage guy as i dont have the wrench to remove it with me.
1) Remove the battery terminal
2) Unplug the connector socket the grey color one
3) Remove the O2 sensor which is very clear visible almost on the top with full access once you open the bonet with a wrench normally similar to the one they use to remove the sparkplug.
4) In the new part packet you will get a anti seeze gel apply it on the thread of the new sensor
5) Manually fix the thread properly and tight it using the wrench same like spark plug fixing
6) Connect the socket back to the connector
7) Refix the battery terminal

wroom wroom you are set to go
vinu_pm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:37   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Right now, I am on 195/55/15 for all wheels. If you don't mind me asking, what size do you have on the back and why?
Rear is on 205/50/15 - OHC's rear bottoms out easily so more grip to the rear. Also that I've never had rear suspension issues and it was time to change the front wheels faster so opted for a different profile!

Quote:
I got about the workshop. Have seen it quite a times.
Yet again a new suspension. What all got changed?
What include partial rebuild of engine?
Yet again!

Shockers, lower arms and the bush kit. The Tie Rod and Ball Joints were OK.
Repaired axle and put in a new clutch bearings.

Engine work included a new crank and main pulley. Put in new rings and valves.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:26   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Engine work included a new crank and main pulley. Put in new rings and valves.
Brands for shocks and other spares?? I had put TRW last year, found them quite hard for Indian conditions.
It would be good if you could share with us the cost of engine work.
Old 24th October 2012, 00:00   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Boy you didn't share the details of the workshop you got the whole work done!?!
You could also PM me.
i got the suspension overhaul and steering dismantling and refitting job done at a roadside garage near my house in palam vihar,gurgaon. i personally believe using good quality spares is more important than taking your car to an expensive garage.Last time i paid almost 28-30k at a VERY reputed and popular garage in gurgaon for the same job.they overcharged me for the spares and i paid almost 12-14k as labour.both the jobs failed within 12-15k kms of getting them done.this time i got my own spares and the mechanic who worked on my car used to work at a maruti a.s.s. before and he did a satisfactory job.i paid only 1200rs as labor and the total expense for suspension and steering came to about 16500.almost half of what i paid earlier and it sure feels like its going to last much longer than 15k kms.
Old 24th October 2012, 11:33   #1259
BHPian

Heading out for the weekend. Considering the Ohc that most have have is almost 10 years old. I was curious to know the top speeds you'll have reached in the Ohc.
I'm not here to beat those top speeds,I normally drive on the expressway at around 100 max. Never really pushed her above those speed. But was just wondering what the capabilities are.
Also what's the average tyre pressure required for the expressway. I ride in 195-60-14.
Old 24th October 2012, 11:52   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda
Heading out for the weekend. Considering the Ohc that most have have is almost 10 years old. I was curious to know the top speeds you'll have reached in the Ohc.
I'm not here to beat those top speeds,I normally drive on the expressway at around 100 max. Never really pushed her above those speed. But was just wondering what the capabilities are.
Also what's the average tyre pressure required for the expressway. I ride in 195-60-14.
Top speed of 160 on my Vtec which was very scary. It could do more but I didn't think its sane. Done that only once. I maintain 100 - 120 on expressway. I generally keep 30psi and recheck again before heading back. I guess my tyres are 185/65 14 on stock alloys.
Desmosedici is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks