Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 18:01   #1
BHPian

Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs

Folks,
Just upgraded my Santro bulbs to Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs. They are really awesome and much better compared to the Philips Blue/Crystal vision. The beam is really good and even the throw (length) is better than the other bulbs.

I got the truck drivers to dip and dim with Vision Plus 50/60 Bulb. The cost is 230 Rs per piece. Upgraded my Bullet also to Vision plus with a Lumax dome and the results are awesome.

Extract from Philips Website:

All about the VisionPlus bulb of Philips

50% more light on the road!

Philips Vision Plus is the award winning ultimate vehicle lighting upgrade and can be fitted simply and quickly for less than the price of half a tank of fuel.

You may feel relieved that your car has technical safety features such as an airbag and ABS. But would it not be better to avoid situation where they may be needed by simply fitting better lighting?

Scientifically, it has been proven that as we get older we need more light to drive safely, for example a 40 year needs twice as much light as a 20 year old even more so when driving at high speed and statistics show that 60% of traffic accidents happen during hours of darkness or bad weather.

Better lighting acts as soon as it is switched on and allows ABS to be more effective by increasing the "safety distance" and enabling obstacles in the road to be seen much earlier.
Vision Plus will also make long journeys safer, Vision Plus will help with the concentration and effort needed, during night time driving leaving you feeling less tired and more refreshed upon arrival at your destination.

Here are just some of the benefits you'll see:
Up to 50% more light on the road
20 metres longer beam
Better reflections from road signs
UV resistant Cut Quartz safe to use with plastic lenses
Optimises colour temperature to give deep white light
Interchangeable upgrade with existing lamps
Fully Compliant with ECE Regulation 37

But don't just take our word for it! Here's what Auto Express said about Philips Vision Plus in their 2003 Autobulb test...
"Philips' top-of-the-range option is a superb bulb which performed comfortably ahead of the plus 30% premium versions. You just cannot ignore the performance, which is why the Vision Plus merits our Recommended award."

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th July 2007 at 11:26. Reason: excerpt changed to correct one
Old 17th July 2007, 18:27   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Folks,
Just upgraded my Santro bulbs to Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs. They are really awesome and much better compared to the Philips Blue/Crystal vision. The beam is really good and even the throw (length) is better than the other bulbs.
You are right madbullram. Vision Plus is really a good bulb. I discovered this myself a while back and took some interesting pictures which you can read up here

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th July 2007 at 11:28. Reason: original post corrected, thanks.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:12   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Though you did write about the other bulb, you are right madbullram. Vision Plus is really a good bulb. I discovered this myself a while back and took some interesting pictures which you can read up here
woah... am getting these, i think i found the alternative without upgrading to high wattage
Old 17th July 2007, 19:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Have a few questions madbullram...

You mentioned Rs 230/- per piece but the packaging shows 2 bulbs.

Is it Rs. 230 for a set or for each bulb?

What is the wattage of the bulb? It says 50% more light but doesnt specify output power.

I use Philips Rallye 130w/100w and the spread and brightness is really amazing. I have managed to cruise at over 130kmph in the night with no visibility issues. These bulbs are very confidence inspiring and the life is also good. After over a year of usage one high beam filment conked out and I promptly replaced the bulb today.

The package however mentions that the rallye bulbs are not for use on local roads and is not to be used in Europe.

Its made in Germany and costs Rs. 170/- for each bulb. Comes in a sunlight yellow/orange and black packaging.

Any comparisons of the vision plus with the Rallye bulbs in case you have tried them out?

BTW, glad you are happy with them. Drive safe.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:31   #5
BHPian

Madbullram, to effect this change was any need for wiring, holder change etc.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:46   #6
BHPian

@madbullram
Where did you buy the bulbs. Did you order online or got from a local shop? If you order online could you please list the details, which would be helpful for others who want to buy.
Old 17th July 2007, 21:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

ram i wouldnt mind switching to these as well so please do post the place where you got these done

and do cops pull cars over for overly bright lights ?
Old 17th July 2007, 22:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
ram i wouldnt mind switching to these as well so please do post the place where you got these done

I do not think they do. After all, you are using same wattage bulbs as stock. Keep the pack and show them, if they asked you to pull over.
Old 18th July 2007, 11:40   #9
BHPian

You mentioned Rs 230/- per piece but the packaging shows 2 bulbs. Is it Rs. 230 for a set or for each bulb?

I just put a sample pic from the Website. Its 225 per bulb.

What is the wattage of the bulb? It says 50% more light but doesnt specify output power.

Its 60/55 W...but you feel as if its a 100W and beam spread is much better

Any comparisons of the vision plus with the Rallye bulbs in case you have tried them out?

Read this thread for Comparison: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...g-here-34.html

BTW, glad you are happy with them. Drive safe.
Thanks buddy
Old 18th July 2007, 11:41   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
Madbullram, to effect this change was any need for wiring, holder change etc.
Nope...In my Bullet changed the dome to Lumax as the bulb didnt fit, costed me 130 rs for the dome.
Old 18th July 2007, 11:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
@madbullram
Where did you buy the bulbs. Did you order online or got from a local shop? If you order online could you please list the details, which would be helpful for others who want to buy.
I bought it at Rehman at G.P.Road in Chennai...should be available in good accessory shops...they might not understand...just ask them to Show the Halogen and look for Philips + 50. Also, Halonix +60 is also good and may be little better than Philips +50
Old 18th July 2007, 11:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Bought it at Rehman in G.P.Road. The Osram +50 is availble for 150 rs around...but the Philips comes with Blue light and I felt Philips to be better.......Cops cant pull you bcos its 60/55W which is perfectly legal.
Old 18th July 2007, 12:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do cops pull cars over for overly bright lights?
Ideally they should.

High beams are forbidden in the city but we all know better. I only use the low beam and if some joker is on high beam which blinds me, all i have to do is flash my high beam. Couple of flicks of the HL stalk from me is enough for him to lower his beam.

In bangalore i never use the headlights cos my low beam itself is 100W. I manage to drive with my fog's on (more apt to call it bumper lamps than fog lamps ). Bangy cops are way more strict than the chennai counterparts.
Old 18th July 2007, 14:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

hahaha anyways i thought the term was parking lights , and fog lamps were supposed to be amber .. could be wrong

@ram thanks for the address, will go and have a look. find my palio lights a bit inadequate at night..
Old 18th July 2007, 14:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ram, do you use this VisionPlus bulbs for normal (Low beam) headlights or for Highbeam one?

Most Viewed