Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 11:37   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I got it on ebay. Expecting delivery in a day or two.
For how much? And do share your experience using it.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:53   #137
BHPian

Quote:
I got it on ebay. Expecting delivery in a day or two.
Whom did you buy them from on e-bay? I have a palio and need H7. I have been looking for these for some time now.
Old 1st September 2008, 16:36   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Whom did you buy them from on e-bay? I have a palio and need H7. I have been looking for these for some time now.
I got it from ebay. Paid 960/- including shipping.
Here is the direct link.
eBay India: PHILIPS XTREME POWER + 80% XENON BULBS, H4 TYPE (item 320291581858 end time 02-Sep-2008 22:52:03 IST)

I did not see H7 on sale though.
Have to get this fixed this week. Planning for long night drive pretty soon. Will write a review after that.
I read lot of reviews on net all of them were praising this one
Old 2nd September 2008, 09:27   #139
BHPian

What is the beam colour of Xtreme Power? Is it normal yellow or whitish?
I currently have Philips Crystal Vision and I'm not satisfied with its performance.
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:21   #140
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Hi Holyghost,

You can count me in on the unsatisfied list. I have been using the Crystal Visions from Philips from the last 2 months and have been struggling to drive especially in the rains in Bangalore during the night.

I'm looking forward to hearing from another member on this forum on the performance of the Xtreme Vision and then will upgrade to them if they are worth it.

Cheers,

gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
What is the beam colour of Xtreme Power? Is it normal yellow or whitish?
I currently have Philips Crystal Vision and I'm not satisfied with its performance.
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:29   #141
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to your review

Hi,

I'm loking to upgrade to these bulbs. Kindly, do post a detailed review about them once you have fitted them on your vehicle for the benefit of member of this thread.

Looking forward to your review.

Cheers,

gpa

Quote:
I got it from ebay. Paid 960/- including shipping.
Here is the direct link.
eBay India: PHILIPS XTREME POWER + 80% XENON BULBS, H4 TYPE (item 320291581858 end time 02-Sep-2008 22:52:03 IST)

I did not see H7 on sale though.
Have to get this fixed this week. Planning for long night drive pretty soon. Will write a review after that.
I read lot of reviews on net all of them were praising this one
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:57   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi,

I'm loking to upgrade to these bulbs. Kindly, do post a detailed review about them once you have fitted them on your vehicle for the benefit of member of this thread.

Looking forward to your review.

Cheers,

gpa
Sure gpa.
Most probably I will get this upgraded tomorrow.
Have taken few snaps already with my stock lamps. I will take few snaps after upgrade and post them in this forum. Thats the best way to judge than reading my opinion. Seeing is believing right.
However I will write my verdict.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:26   #143
BHPian

For a feedback review on Xtreme Power, See my post Philips Xtreme Power VS Osram NightBreaker

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-138.html
Old 4th September 2008, 14:20   #144
Senior - BHPian

I got Philips essential vision 100/90 blue bulbs for 300 bucks a piece along with relay,chose them over OSRAM night breaker(no replacement for displacement)
bulbs have a blue coating but the light is not white its very bright yellow

I am satisfied as of now until I find bulbs that are better than these
Old 4th September 2008, 15:22   #145
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Nice review

Hi abbey4u,

Thanks for the fine review on the Philips Xtreme Power bulbs. Am planning to upgrade the bulbs on both my Santro and Alto to them.

I am facing the similar situation you did with the OSRAM but with the Philips Crystal Vision bulbs. In even light to moderate rain, the light seems almost non existant making it extremly difficult to drive and spot potholes.

Will do a detailed review of the bulbs once I change them.

Thanks,

gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
For a feedback review on Xtreme Power, See my post Philips Xtreme Power VS Osram NightBreaker

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-138.html
Old 4th September 2008, 16:14   #146
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Review - H4 Philips Crystal Vision

I bought the pack of H4 Philips Crystal Vision (CVs) bulbs from an authorised distributor for Philips auto bulbs on JC road in Bangalore in early July this year. The bulbs came with a free set of pilot lights as well and were of genuine quality.

Fitted them in my Alto LXi which is 3 months old as I was unsatisfied with the light from the stock halogens. The light sure is a brilliant white in color and is something similar that one would get from a HID set.

However, my problems started almost the day after I got these bulbs fitted. I had to drive to the new Bangalore airport at 5.00 am on a cold and rainy morning and there was quite a steady drizzle at the time. As I had just fitted the bulbs I thought it would take some time for me to get adjusted to the white light. Was doing a steady 70 kmph and didn't notice a speed breaker on the road, till the last few seconds and luckily I braked quite heavily to reduce my spped just a few yards before the speed breaker. and let the suspension have a gentler ride!

I have driven extensively over the last 3 months with these bulbs in heavy rains during the nights in Bangalore and have struggled all the way thru.

I noted the following of the light output
  1. The white light of the CVs light up the white road markers quite prominently
  2. The light spread is good on both low/high beams
  3. Low beam is fairly good for normal city night driving
  4. High beam and low beams are poor if it is raining
  5. Even in light rain, it is quite difficult to notice potholes and other minor undulations regardless of the fact if you use the high or low beams
  6. In heavy rain and on bad road (as is the case of most roads in Bangalore) the light is almost non-existant.
My final verdict would be, if you are looking for a bulb for more of a glitzy show to match the white look of the HID/Xenon lamps, then chose the Philips CVs. However, if you are looking for a good upgrade to you stock bulbs, please steer clear of the CVs.

Am upgrading these bulbs soon and will definitely write a review of the new ones I fit on my Alto here.

Mods please move this thread if this is not the right forum

Cheers,

gpa
Old 4th September 2008, 20:46   #147
BHPian

Upgraded to Philips x-treme power on my Cedia

Finally it is done. Upgraded to Philips x-treme power on my Cedia
I was so disappointed with the stock headlamps on my cedia and was in search for an upgrade ever since I got the car in my hand.

I knew there were numerous options for me starting from 1k to 20k, but I needed a quick choice without much modification as I was planning for a night driving this month. Also an upgrade to HID is in plans, so I did not want heavy investment now.

As usual, my trusted source was T-BHP and I got my answer with in few days of search. I realized Philips x-treme power closely matches with my immediate requirement.

Thats all the history. Now lets come to the facts.

I purchased Philips x-treme power (H4, 60/55W) on ebay for a cost of 960/- including shipping.

Visited Southern Motors today for the lamp change. I had called up the service manager in advance, so did not have any waiting for job card.
I handed over the car for lamp change at 9:30AM and they finished the job in 10min. Thanks to Mr. Narayan of HM for introducing me to the SM service manager.

SM charged me Rs-67/- as labor charge.

I was waiting till it is dark to take few snaps and convince myself that the money spent is worth.

In one word, I am impressed. It may not be 80% more light, but at least 50% more for sure. Here are few snaps for comparison.

Stock lamps in low beam
Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs-stock_low.jpg

Philips x-treme power in low beam

Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs-philips_xp_low.jpg

Stock lamps in high beam
Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs-stock_high.jpg

Philips x-treme power in high beam
Philips Vision Plus H4 Bulbs-philips_xp_high.jpg

Light is not pure white, but the yellow tint has decreased noticeably.

There is significant improvement in low beam compared to high beam. Throw has reduced in low beam, but the illumination is much brighter and clearer. So this should be good choice for city driving.

My stock lamps were utter waste in high beam. With x-treme power, I am confident enough to take my car to highways.

But it is not a definite choice for highways.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2008, 21:54   #148
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Nice upgrade

Note from Support: Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks.

Hi sj_koova,

Brilliant pics that clearly show the difference in light output between your stock halogens and the new Philips X-treme Power bulbs. Thanks for the comparitive pics and the review!

I think it is quite clearly apparent that the Philips X-treme Power bulbs have a far greater throw/light and higher light intensity compared to your standard halogens.

I just made a quick pitstop on my way home from work this evening at AK Traders on JC Road and bought a pair of X-treme Power bulbs for Rs. 670 for them including VAT. These were a opened from a fresh box and are genuine. I vouch for this guy's quality. Am planning to fit them tomorrow and will post a few pics on the change in light once I make the change.

Also, will post a detailed review for the bnefit for the members of this forum.

Watch this space...

Cheers,

gpa

Quote:
Finally it is done. Upgraded to Philips x-treme power on my Cedia
I was so disappointed with the stock headlamps on my cedia and was in search for an upgrade ever since I got the car in my hand.
But it is not a definite choice for highways.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:12   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post

Hi sj_koova,

I just made a quick pitstop on my way home from work this evening at AK Traders on JC Road and bought a pair of X-treme Power bulbs for Rs. 670 for them including VAT. These were a opened from a fresh box and are genuine. I vouch for this guy's quality.
Cheers,

gpa
You got it at such a good price. Rs-210/- lesser than ebay.
Mine was in a red pack, but I see a blue packing every time I search for this in Web. I was worried about the authenticity until I fixed them. Now I am almost convinced that they are genuine.
I can manage with this until I upgrade to HID next year
Old 4th September 2008, 22:31   #150
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The bulbs are genuine

Hi sj,

Mine came in a red pack as well. Had to cut the cardboard wrapper around it and then take the bulbs out. Yes, I suppose that I got it at a far cheaper rate when compared to ebay... The best part is you can push for a discount as well.

I plan to get them fitted tomorrow and will post a detailed review after I get a chance to test them.

Cheers,

gpa

Quote:
You got it at such a good price. Rs-210/- lesser than ebay.
Mine was in a red pack, but I see a blue packing every time I search for this in Web. I was worried about the authenticity until I fixed them. Now I am almost convinced that they are genuine.
I can manage with this until I upgrade to HID next year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks