Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:21   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
contact them and in case, you get no response, do post a message here. I can make sure that your queries are answered ( just happen to know them a bit.. you can guess)
I've already sent the mail. But, if it's not too much of a trouble, can you forward my query to them?
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ive read a lot on the Vision plus bulb from Philips. Anyone here used the Philips Xtreme plus bulbs? They are 55/60 and give 80% more light compared to normal bulbs.(Vision plus is 50% more than normal). Ive tried asking Auto accessory shops in Mumbai for this, but its not available. I heard its going to be launched in a month in India. I wanted to upgrade my NHC stock bulbs and am waiting for it to be launched in India. Its available at Lampsonline but coasts close to 40$ a pair, which is much more than what it will cost if launched locally. Here is the link:
PHILIPS - X-treme Power Lamp
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I got Philips Vision Plus for my Getz from eBay approx 600 Rs. Its very good considering they are 55/60. Got it as per recommendation of tsk.
Old 23rd October 2007, 21:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Anybody knows whether this VisionPlus +50% is a direct fit/replacement for the Swift and Baleno ?

My Dad had been complaining of poor visibility with the stock Swift lights and I was planning to go 90W100. Almost did it, but then he got worried that this might blind other oncoming road-users. This bulb sounds like a better idea.

And since I am also not getting any younger, I guess I might as well get a pair for the Baleno.

madbullram, could you post the phone number for Rehman, GP Road so that I can call and check ? Thanks.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I've already sent the mail. But, if it's not too much of a trouble, can you forward my query to them?

whats your query and to whom did you send - do you have mail id on which you sent. kindly, send it to me in pm. I ll take it up.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:39   #51
BHPian

I am surprised and a bit alarmed about the "brags" here in this thread!!!

Example: "My high beam made a truck driver dip his light".

I haven't seen one message which says "Let us, the T-BHPians, be more responsible on the road and vow to use the OE lights only and that too on low beams in city limits".

Where is our safety sense, for others?

Let us drive defensive!! Let us slow down (to a halt if necessary) if blinded by the high beam of an oncoming vehicle!! Let us use low beams in city limits!! Let us use high beams only when absolutely necessary!! Let us not bring the oncoming vehicles to their knees using our "bigger" lights!!

Personally, I find the OE low beam of my car sufficient even on the highways until speeds of 100kmph!!

Earlier in this thread, I also see questions like "Is the dip light the same as high beam?" - Very alarming to see such misinterpreations among forum members!!!

Personal estimate:

1. Most cars in Bangalore use low beam - very good
2. Most trucks and buses use high beam - very bad
3. 50% of the vehicles (on high beam) switch to low beam when I use high beam flash
4. 50% of the vehicles (on high beam) have no clue about the use of high beam and low beam.

=====

Now, to spruce up our cars, let us use fancy lights!!! Underbody kits, Neons, Bumper LED flashers (like in cops cars elsewhere in the planet) etc. are all available to create an identity.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:54   #52
BHPian

Do Vision plus H4 bulbs come in 90/100W specification also? If not, can I replace the 55/60W one with the existing one. I have the 90/100W Philips Rallye with relay. Gurus, Please advice.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:17   #53
BHPian

@supremeBaleno - i got vision plus bulbs from Mahavir for 450rs few months back. Dont know about rehman though.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

madhan, was Rs450 for one bulb or a pair ? And Mahavir is also on GP Road, right ?
Old 24th October 2007, 13:11   #55
BHPian

@supremeBaleno - 450rs is the cost per pair. Yes, Mahavir is in GP road.
Old 24th October 2007, 15:32   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
I am surprised and a bit alarmed about the "brags" here in this thread!!!

Example: "My high beam made a truck driver dip his light".

I haven't seen one message which says "Let us, the T-BHPians, be more responsible on the road and vow to use the OE lights only and that too on low beams in city limits".

Where is our safety sense, for others?

Let us drive defensive!! Let us slow down (to a halt if necessary) if blinded by the high beam of an oncoming vehicle!! Let us use low beams in city limits!! Let us use high beams only when absolutely necessary!! Let us not bring the oncoming vehicles to their knees using our "bigger" lights!!

Personally, I find the OE low beam of my car sufficient even on the highways until speeds of 100kmph!!

Earlier in this thread, I also see questions like "Is the dip light the same as high beam?" - Very alarming to see such misinterpreations among forum members!!!

Personal estimate:

1. Most cars in Bangalore use low beam - very good
2. Most trucks and buses use high beam - very bad
3. 50% of the vehicles (on high beam) switch to low beam when I use high beam flash
4. 50% of the vehicles (on high beam) have no clue about the use of high beam and low beam.

=====

Now, to spruce up our cars, let us use fancy lights!!! Underbody kits, Neons, Bumper LED flashers (like in cops cars elsewhere in the planet) etc. are all available to create an identity.
I completely agree and want to make a point that Team Bhp is NOT endorsing usage of headlights to harm other road users.

Sad fact remains with the kind of illumination our roads have, we need better lights in our cars.

Last week whole trip from Gudalur till Bangalore was such a pain (thank the rain for the added misery), i had a tough time managing speeds (read as 80-100 kph). Almost 90% of road users were shining all sorts of high beams (candle lights to 100+ watts) they were running in their vehicles.

Some realize once you flash all the power you have at them, others just drive on with BLINDED vision and thoughts!!
Old 24th October 2007, 16:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA
I am surprised and a bit alarmed about the "brags" here in this thread!!! Example: "My high beam made a truck driver dip his light".
GSHA, while I agree with most of what you mentioned (road etiquette and stuff), I think, you have misinterpreted what madbullram mentioned in his opening post of this thread.

When he says that "I got the truck drivers to dip and dim", it means the truck drivers were on high beam, which is wrong in the first place. And I do not see what is wrong about making a person driving on high beam to dip.

I drive with low beam, but even in the city, I see people coming towards me with high beam which blinds me. My natural reaction to this is to switch to highbeam - they usually get the message and dip. Pretty normal behaviour, I would think.

BTW, the Swift's bulbs are [SIZE=2]12V 60/55 W - H4. So looks like a match.
[/SIZE]
Old 24th October 2007, 16:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes it becomes dangerous to drive in low beam inside the city. The ring roads feature some heavy trucks coming right at you with high beam & there will be zero visibility with your low beam & you could easily miss a pedestrian darting across the road.
Old 24th October 2007, 18:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
When he says that "I got the truck drivers to dip and dim", it means the truck drivers were on high beam, which is wrong in the first place. And I do not see what is wrong about making a person driving on high beam to dip.
I understood that point. Yes, the truck drivers were on high beam, which is wrong in the first place.

But, which truck driver dips his light when you flash a OE high beam on him. I am yet to find one truck driver courteous enough to dip his light for my Cedia's high beam!!!

What I meant was - "It takes a very powerful high beam to modest a truck drivers attitude". And if one had such a powerful high beam, and succeeded in getting truck to dip and dim....
Old 25th October 2007, 00:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
What I meant was - "It takes a very powerful high beam to modest a truck drivers attitude". And if one had such a powerful high beam, and succeeded in getting truck to dip and dim....
No truck driver would dip his headlight to avoid your extra new improved headlight hi beam. If at all he did dip his lights, it is because he thought that his hi beam was getting into your eyes which is such a noble thing to do considering our fellow car drivers who feel that blinding the other driver is the only way to get him to dip his light beams. It is sad that many educated people have this train of thought.

The trucks are way above our hi beams unless you have aligned your headlights to search the sky. It is quite the opposite for us car drivers since we are on such a low level that even a low beam from a truck could hurt us.

It is the high beam from a fellow car that hurts more than one from a truck, IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks