Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2019, 14:33   #961
BHPian

Re: Car battery life - How long did your battery last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
I have a highway trip planned in coming Feb, so it seems I have to get it changed before that.
Any suggestions on which brand to go for?
Update on battery:
I did not replace the battery. Stock battery is working fine as of now.
My swift has completed 5years last February.
Old 10th March 2019, 15:50   #962
BHPian

My XUV completes 5 year this month, still running on stock battery. The battery health was checked and found healthy 2 months back before a 2000 km road trip. Hope it lasts for some more time.
Old 10th March 2019, 15:59   #963
BHPian

One fine day my XUV refused to show any indications of life (nearing 5 years, 25k on the ODO). I hadn't taken the vehicle out for almost 2 weeks at this point. It was almost as if the battery was disconnected; doors wouldn't unlock, no lights, no ignition.
At first I suspected rats but didn't find any signs of them when I inspected the bay and decided to jump start the vehicle. Fortunately, the vehicle came to life after another battery was connected and later the problem never re-occurred. The stock battery is an Amaron and it still has the green indicator on it.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10th March 2019, 17:33   #964
BHPian

Etios Liva GD 2012 model. The Exide battery on my October 2102 manufactured car lasted till Feb 2019. That's a full 6 years. Fortunately the car refused to start one fine day last month at home. So called up Toyota service who came and replaced with a new Exide. BTW my car has only done 30,000 kms.
Old 27th March 2019, 17:10   #965
Senior - BHPian

Between 1800 hrs of 26/03/2019 and 0900 hrs of 27/03/2019, the SF Sonic battery that came stock with my Zen Estilo, breathed its last.

It was eight years and four months old. When I tried to crank the engine this morning, there wasn't enough juice left in it to do the needful. That it died in front of my home and at a mutually convenient time was the final piece of excellent service that this beautiful and honest battery delivered to me. Never in the past eight years had it given me any trouble; it functioned exceedingly well till yesterday evening. No long cranks, no meek horn, no abnormalities.

That I can sense no difference (compared to the old one) in the behavior of any of the battery related performances of the car after putting in a brand new Amaron, is testimony enough to the quality of the SF Sonic in my car.

The Amaron Flo with 24+24 months warranty came at ₹3,700 after returning the old battery. This was ₹200 more than the price quoted in Batterywale. But the online portal doesn't service my city nor is there any authorized stockist for Amaron here. Hence, had to compromise on the price. Also, the Amaron Pro with 30+30 months warranty, which was my actual choice, wasn't in stock (or in demand, as per the seller) and hence had to settle for a lower variant.

Hope the new battery will serve me well.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 22:02   #966
Senior - BHPian

My second battery (Amaron Flo) gave up the ghost today. Fortunately before leaving home. I and my wife boarded the car, I cranked the ignition, there was just a click and nothing else! I dropped her by bike, waited till the nearby Amaron store opened and ordered the same battery again. They brought it by two wheeler and installed within half an hour. I paid Rs 3850.00 after returning the old battery.

The dead battery was purchased in November 2013 and lasted exactly 5 years and 5 months. Before that the OEM battery was also Amaron, and lasted 4
and years 6 months.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 23:06   #967
BHPian

My second battery from VW manufactured by exide in Spain lasted for 23 months exactly. Replaced under warranty.
Old 30th April 2019, 18:13   #968
BHPian

Exide in my recently sold Scorpio of 2010 vintage is still stock. Run 80,000 Kms. I still wonder how? The truck still starts in the first crank.
Old 7th May 2019, 18:17   #969
BHPian

hey guys

I replaced my stock battery on ford ecosport diesel on sep. 16. with amaron flo based on others recommendations. Had trouble last year and it was fixed under warranty, now again battery is giving trouble. Nothing extra is installed n my car. Took to amaron pit stop they said its weak and can change and they will offer a discount, quoted price is 4000 with a 29% discount n the MRP. Batterybhai is showing same price. Def. not buying amaron.

If the stock battery lasts for 4 years , shouldn't the amaron lasts as long at the least.

THanks
Srini
switz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 17:12   #970
BHPian

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi. Due to non usage for long duration, the car refused to start one day. We then jumpstarted with cable wires with another car. That was about 2 years ago. After that, there was not much problem. However, I recently feel that the ignition timing is slow sometimes while cranking the engine. On examination with Ford After Sales & Services here at Aizawl with their altimeter, same thing was shown while cranking the engine. Power supply as such is shown adequate while engine is off. I, anyway, got it changed. Since, the Motocraft battery is not available with MS Ford, Aizawl, I got it replaced with Amaron battery. So the original battery lasted for about 7 years and 6 months. The car was purchased in October 2011.
Attached Thumbnails
Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01605_1.jpg  

Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01608.jpg  

Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01610.jpg  

Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01609.jpg  

Last edited by docmoya2007 : 13th May 2019 at 17:27.
docmoya2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 18:32   #971
BANNED

My personal experience with Amaron batteries has been very good. I have bought Amaron for my Fiesta and it lasted five years. The Amaron on my Fabia lasted over four years and I changed it well ahead of time in the process of eliminating some steering and AC problems. Amaron on our Optra too lasted over three years till the vehicle was sold. Same brand for my motorcycles too.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 19:57   #972
BHPian

The battery cost me INR 5670/- with free replacement warranty of 2 years and compensation warranty of 4 years.

I took this opportunity to get the car key remote control battery replaced after 7 and a half years.
Attached Thumbnails
Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01616.jpg  

Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01613.jpg  

Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc01617.jpg  

Old 14th May 2019, 22:43   #973
BHPian

Uploading the readings I got from the battery diagnostic from Ford After Sales Services at MS Ford, Aizawl. I could not make out the details from the readings, but the battery replaced was still not so due for replacement, it seems. But as the Head Technician puts it, "Tasalli ke liye"
Attached Thumbnails
Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc016191.jpg  

Car battery life - How long did your battery last?-dsc016181.jpg  

Old 15th May 2019, 13:53   #974
BHPian

My Tiago's Tata Green battery died suddenly after 23 months of ownership of the car. That's just 2 months after the 21 month warranty ended.

I got a replacement battery from Amaron prided at 4200 after old battery buyback. Incidentally the new battery is R-L terminal configuration rather than the L-R of the OEM battery. However it was possible to fit in the new battery without any problems or modifications.
Old 16th May 2019, 21:23   #975
BHPian

In my 7+ years young TJet, the first battery, Exide, stayed with me for 3.5 years, which was replaced with an Amaron at that time.
The Amaron also, today evening, suffered a sudden seizure while cranking after serving for 3.5 years.
Now, I am left wondering:
The Fiat service centre is offering Exide for 6.9k w/o exchange and a local service dealer is offering 4.6k Amaron after exchange.
The unit is 55DIN.
Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks