Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2022, 11:13   #346

Re: Forester Owners: Servicing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Forester I sold to my friend is in urgent need of parts and repair, hoping one of you could help. I heard Trident Chevy has shut shop and won't be able to get parts via them. Any other sources to search for parts?
Hi,

I am also sourcing similar parts (suspension, timing kits, links etc). Head lights I have ordered via Ubuy (currently in customs). Rest of the parts I am ordering via Subaru online parts and negotiating shipping. As of now they have given me a 25% off on shipping.

Link : https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/

Currently my Forester is getting a full repaint. I have also ordered a 2" ADF lift kit.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Regards
Kedar

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th February 2022 at 11:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Kedrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 11:38   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrock View Post
Hi,

I am also sourcing similar parts (suspension, timing kits, links etc). Head lights I have ordered via Ubuy (currently in customs). Rest of the parts I am ordering via Subaru online parts and negotiating shipping. As of now they have given me a 25% off on shipping.

Link : https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/

Currently my Forester is getting a full repaint. I have also ordered a 2" ADF lift kit.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Regards
Kedar
Kedar,

Thanks a lot, surely will contact you if I get stuck or need some help.
What colour is it getting painted to? Wish I had my Forester with me, I do miss it the most!! But this fear of unable to service properly and get the parts, puts me off sometimes. But mostly it will come back to me in few years.
Old 27th February 2022, 13:30   #348
Senior - BHPian

Custom process is fairly simple with spareto.com. Either they collect it at the time of checking out or when the delivery person comes to hand it over. No need to go to customs office like I had to do when I ordered something from eBay.
Of course, Amazon.com is most straight forward.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 13:31   #349

WRXXX

It was originally black, I am getting it done in a Bluish Black shade. I am going to make this as my go-to anywhere car.

As of now, head lights, tail lights, suspension (rear shocks), links, spark plug seals, radiator (Mishimoto FXT-04), some weather strips, lift kits, timing kit are on the way.

I have planned a whole lot more for it (dream is to put EJ257 sti). I will be posting the work progress here soon.

Regards
Kedar
Old 27th February 2022, 20:24   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrock View Post
WRXXX

It was originally black, I am getting it done in a Bluish Black shade. I am going to make this as my go-to anywhere car.

As of now, head lights, tail lights, suspension (rear shocks), links, spark plug seals, radiator (Mishimoto FXT-04), some weather strips, lift kits, timing kit are on the way.

I have planned a whole lot more for it (dream is to put EJ257 sti). I will be posting the work progress here soon.

Regards
Kedar
Whoa! my favourite colour is WR Blue. Getting EJ257 would be awesome, Even in those days I knew thats a lot of engine for a Forester and it holds good even today. You can smoke many sedans ;-)

Could you kindly share parts list for the suspension and timing kit, would like to refer yours(if ok) before ordering. And since ur plan is to get to a 2.5XT later on the suspension components from the US will be a good match I think?

Please do share any gotchas as well.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th March 2023 at 10:09. Reason: Strictly no discussions on whatsapp / telegram groups please. Defeats the purpose of this forum.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 14:12   #351
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks my Forester has been lying unused as the ECU conked off few months after restoration. Just as the COVID19 pandemic struck and I was left searching for an ECU and lock set from other countries. I have finally found a listing on eBay UK for an ECU and immobilizer kit out of an EJ201 Forester would this work on our cars?

After loads of googling I found out that my car was left running in diagnostic mode for the longest time which is what lead to the ECU going kaput. Fans would keep cycling on and off on ignition and occasionally rpm used to get restricted all apparently symptoms of the car running in diagnostic mode.

If the ECU that I am sourcing from the UK works, then my next plan is to upgrade the brakes and suspension. I had already overhauled the suspension but faced an issue with non SLS struts leading to slightly lower ride height at the rear and even the braking components were all brand new but fell short of my expectations. I am thinking of upgrading to Pedders suspension and as for the brakes, I am open to suggestions.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th March 2023 at 10:09. Reason: Strictly no discussions on whatsapp / telegram groups please. Defeats the purpose of this forum
Old 20th November 2022, 00:00   #352

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a 2005 Forester from Mumbai and I am trying to register it in Chennai. The main issue is that I cannot find an invoice copy of a Forester from any state which would show the price of the vehicle and road tax paid when the car was bought new. It is required for calculating the tax I need to pay and I wish to register it in Chennai. This is the only document that is setting me back from getting my car registered. After contacting almost every Forester owner I came across on the internet (in India) I am left with no luck.

Chevrolet service centers, sellers, owners, etc all do not have the document. If anyone from this group has, could I please have a copy of it? I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, I have purchased another Forester (a 2003 model) for a really low price (which has a confusing backstory), but nonetheless, it has only done 50k kilometers and has a few mods done already. I plan to keep it for spares for my car but if anyone is looking for a picture of any part (for reference) or would like some information/assistance, I would be glad to help.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th March 2023 at 10:10. Reason: Strictly no discussions on whatsapp / telegram groups please. Defeats the purpose of this forum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks