Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 20:45   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forester Owners: Servicing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Enjoyed reading your post; *almost* makes me wish I weren't selling my Forester again ;-) But after 5 years, it's time to let the car go. Furthest I ever took it out of Bengaluru was Nandi Hills! That blue is brilliant; must have been the original color on my scoobie too before the first owner painted it white, pity. Enjoy your Subaru.
Thankyou thankyou. I visited the garage in Hennur recently to see if I could meet Mr. Jacob and speak to him. He wasnt there but I was told that theres another forester that they had just finished working on, went to the backyard and lo and behold I guess I had seen your white forester Howcome youre selling it though? Assuming everything is working properly considering your clear enthusiasm with maintaining the car, why would you be looking to sell it? Unless you are fed up with Bangalore and want to drive an automatic or even worse, ride Olas?
Old 22nd November 2017, 20:52   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Which garage is this, run by mr jacob. Sounds like an independent garage, do they do good work? I stay closeby. Please do let me know.
Old 22nd November 2017, 22:29   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Thankyou thankyou. I visited the garage in Hennur recently to see if I could meet Mr. Jacob and speak to him. He wasnt there but I was told that theres another forester that they had just finished working on, went to the backyard and lo and behold I guess I had seen your white forester Howcome youre selling it though?
Simply not enough enthusiasm nor resources to maintain the car anymore. Been up for sale since i gave it to Jacob's garage for a full service back in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Which garage is this, run by mr jacob. Sounds like an independent garage, do they do good work? I stay closeby. Please do let me know.
Hi,
There's a review on the forum here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
IcarusMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:56   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Simply not enough enthusiasm nor resources to maintain the car anymore. Been up for sale since i gave it to Jacob's garage for a full service back in August.
Ah! But what are you planning on driving after this? Honestly I feel like it is the most practical yet fun car that anyone can own. In one drive from Pune to Hyderabad the car convinced me that it was reliable, even though it already had problems it still performed flawlessly and thats the mark of a car that is reliable not one where failures dont occur, but one which still fulfills its role as transport even when faced with issues. Over and above that you get an incredibly balanced chassis with a flawless awd system, adequate power, great ride quality, low center of gravity and very good handling, excellent manners even off the road and an ergonomically sorted cabin. I feel like unless these cars become banned, or one feels the need for an automatic or not to drive on a regular basis anymore at all, this has to be the most sensible car for enthusiasts in our country.

Sorry maybe I'm just smitten by it
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 20:22   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Enjoyed reading your post; *almost* makes me wish I weren't selling my Forester again ;-) But after 5 years, it's time to let the car go. Furthest I ever took it out of Bengaluru was Nandi Hills! That blue is brilliant; must have been the original color on my scoobie too before the first owner painted it white, pity. Enjoy your Subaru.
Your car was a darker (like a ocean blue) before the owner got it painted in white.
The blue Ishan has posted was not sold in India. That is a proper Subaru WRX blue.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 14:44   #261
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have struck upon a new dilemma. I am lining everything up to transfer the car to TS registration as I will be moving back to Hyderabad very soon. I have the NOC made out to Hyderabad RTO and all the necessary insurance, rc and other forms of sale. The one thing I don't have, is an invoice. My agent is telling me that I absolutely need one. Is he incompetent, should I get another agent, or should I research ways in which to acquire the invoice? The previous owner of the car has hunted up and down but cannot find the invoice, he is more than willing to help get me one if I can explain to him exactly how to do so. So is an invoice absolutely necessary, if so how to get one made?
Old 4th December 2017, 10:24   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So is an invoice absolutely necessary, if so how to get one made?
Do you know where was this car originally purchased from and if the dealer still exists? They should be able to give a duplicate invoice.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 12:02   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I have struck upon a new dilemma. I am lining everything up to transfer the car to TS registration as I will be moving back to Hyderabad very soon. I have the NOC made out to Hyderabad RTO and all the necessary insurance, rc and other forms of sale. The one thing I don't have, is an invoice. My agent is telling me that I absolutely need one. Is he incompetent, should I get another agent, or should I research ways in which to acquire the invoice? The previous owner of the car has hunted up and down but cannot find the invoice, he is more than willing to help get me one if I can explain to him exactly how to do so. So is an invoice absolutely necessary, if so how to get one made?
You can get invoice of any Forestor of the same year from the same state.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 03:45   #264
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the responses guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You can get invoice of any Forestor of the same year from the same state.
Can you please elaborate? The car was bought new and registered in Pune, then sold to the person I bought it from back in 2006 if I remember correctly, and now it is in my possession getting work done on it in Hyderabad. I myself am currently in Bangalore at the moment and have exams coming up soon. I intend to complete transfer of registration formalities when I move to Hyderabad by the end of this year if not early next year, what is the easiest way to get the invoice?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th December 2017 at 03:46.
Old 5th December 2017, 09:39   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys

Can you please elaborate? The car was bought new and registered in Pune, then sold to the person I bought it from back in 2006 if I remember correctly, and now it is in my possession getting work done on it in Hyderabad. I myself am currently in Bangalore at the moment and have exams coming up soon. I intend to complete transfer of registration formalities when I move to Hyderabad by the end of this year if not early next year, what is the easiest way to get the invoice?
Get an duplicate invoice from a Chevy dealer in Pune for the 2004 Forester.
Old 5th December 2017, 22:34   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Get an duplicate invoice from a Chevy dealer in Pune for the 2004 Forester.
For that matter, a duplicate invoice from any 2004 Forester sold in MH would suffice.

Waseem.
Old 5th December 2017, 22:36   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
For that matter, a duplicate invoice from any 2004 Forester sold in MH would suffice.

Waseem.
Mumbai may have different price due to the Octrai at that point (2004)
Old 5th December 2017, 23:13   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Mumbai may have different price due to the Octrai at that point (2004)
The amount paid as octroi is explicitly mentioned in the invoice and is not taken in to account while calculating LTT.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 5th December 2017 at 23:22.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 09:32   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Subaru’s new Forester SUV

Spotted one at a Chevy service centre. Forgot to take a pic of that iconic Boxer engine :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Forester Owners: Servicing?-img_20180214_092656.jpg  

Forester Owners: Servicing?-img_20180214_092810.jpg  

Forester Owners: Servicing?-img_20180214_092829.jpg  

Forester Owners: Servicing?-img_20180214_093233.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th February 2018 at 09:34. Reason: Grammar
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 14:06   #270
Senior - BHPian

Re: Subaru’s new Forester SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Spotted one at a Chevy service centre. Forgot to take a pic of that iconic Boxer engine :-(
Does Trident Chevy still exist and supports Forster service? I was under the impression that they were closing.
I have been getting my car serviced by Mr. Das (ex Trident guy) for past couple of years. While he is good and fixes things even the authorized service station is not able to, I feel may be this time I should go a authorized service station.
There are things probably Mr. Das wont be able to carry out things like injector cleaning. My forester is approaching 90k and there may be additional things that need to be checked like differential, rear brakes, hill-holder, timing belt etc.

What do other members feel?

Does Trident Chevy has common parts like oil filters? Mr. Das says the oil filter from Beat fits and he had used the same last time.

BTW that is a Forester which almost looked like mine (red). Seems to be in great shape.
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks