Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:28   #46
BHPian

Indica AC condenser issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
The ac for vista is not so particulary effective during the day time. The AC for the older version V2 was lot more better and also the flow direction of the AC vents leave lot to be desired.

Regards.
Kailash
Remember guys when I said the above comment on AC, I thought it might not be a big issue - but the truth of the same came to light only yesterday.

Yesterday being Sunday, we went out for a long drive to the country side. During this period, I kept my car ac on 100%. We had no problems while reaching the destination – some 65 odd kms from Mumbai on the Nasik Highway. While returning back, at around 5:30 or 6:00 pm the car started heating up a lot. Also the Ac cooling was not so strong. Hence I tried calling on the helpline number for Wasan, but we were not able to get through.

With no option available to me, I located a small time repair shop and asked him for help. On diagnose, the mechanic told me that the AC condenser has a leak and due to which the car is heating up. He also told me that this needs to be looked at immediately as otherwise I would not be able to reach home safely. But since the car was brand new I told him that I will get this repaired at the company showroom. The mechanic agreed and said yes you should take the car to the showroom, but he also said that since there is a leak and due to which the car is heating up, the leak needs to be stopped. The most easiest way to do this is to apply Mseal which will help seal the leak till you reach home and also to the workshop.

I was in two minds, should I go without applying the Mseal or after applying Mseal as suggested by the mechanic. Since I had my family along, the family safety was my priority rather than being stranded again somewhere else on the highway, I went ahead and used Mseal to seal off the leak. This worked wonders for my car and we were able to reach home without any hiccups. Then today morning, I took the car to Wasan workshop at deonar but to my utter surprise, I was told that the condenser would not be replaced on warranty as I had showed one of the roadside mechanic. I agree to the fact that yes I had been to the roadside mechanic, but that was taking into consideration my family’s safety and also being Sunday, most of the workshops are closed for the day, I had to take that decision.

Now I am in a fix as the AC condenser as per the service advisor – would cost me around 14k for replacement. This is something not warranted for. I don’t expect to be paying 14k for a brand new car which has not even completed 15 day of ownership. Wasan motors service advisor has raised a C7 ticket with Tata and have tried to explain the situation in the ticket, requesting for warranty replacement. Can anyone please help me with this mess that has happened to my brand new car. The job car number for the car at was an is 0809-012847. I am also told that this might take more than 10 days as until and unless Tata does not confirm the C7 ticket, work would not commence. Kindly work on my request at the earliest.

Please help - This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:44   #47
BHPian

You know if you want to get cover under warranty then you should have good repo with dealer.

My AC controller buttons are broken. Dealer agreed to replace it under warranty. Then I showed one more problem to dealer that my Power Window button's color is faded and has white sopts now. So I asked to replace. He said not possible under warranty. But said to me that get or introduce some functionality problem into it, then he will replace whole unit .

But instead this I have decided to color those buttons myself by fitting Venile or radium.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thats absurd. Even if you showed it to a roadside mechanic he has not changed any parts or any modifications been done to anything. Now applying a MSeal cant void the warranty,can it?
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:59   #49
Team-BHP Support

Can't the mseal be removed ? If nothing, just feign innocence and show it to another TASS. Say you got the car like this only. with Tata, anything is possible
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Can anyone please help me with this mess that has happened to my brand new car. The job car number for the car at was an is 0809-012847.
Try sending a mail to supportwest@tatamotors.com
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Trrk - thanks for the email address - forwarded an email on the same right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Can't the mseal be removed ? If nothing, just feign innocence and show it to another TASS. Say you got the car like this only. with Tata, anything is possible
Mseal can be removed, but it might have hardened and if used force, might damage the condenser even further. Also I have not done any crime and don't want to remove Mseal to get the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thats absurd. Even if you showed it to a roadside mechanic he has not changed any parts or any modifications been done to anything. Now applying a MSeal cant void the warranty,can it?
Tata service advisor as well as the service manager says it can. Service advisor also went on to say that you should have got the car in what ever shape it was, rather than taking help from someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
You know if you want to get cover under warranty then you should have good repo with dealer.

My AC controller buttons are broken. Dealer agreed to replace it under warranty. Then I showed one more problem to dealer that my Power Window button's color is faded and has white sopts now. So I asked to replace. He said not possible under warranty. But said to me that get or introduce some functionality problem into it, then he will replace whole unit .

But instead this I have decided to color those buttons myself by fitting Venile or radium.
Sushant, I don't mind travelling to Pune if I can use your rappo to get my car's warranty Man this is really sad situation that I am in currently.

Regards,
Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 2nd March 2009 at 20:40.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Hi trrk,

This email address does not work. I got a mailer demon when I sent out a mail on this email. Anything else that can be done. Anyone has email address of Regional service manager for TATA. Probably if I could forward an email to him, it can be taken care off.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Tata service advisor and the service manager need some customer service sessions asap. You are entitled to a warranty as its not your problem a new car had such a problem. Dont bulge and fight out for it in all possible ways.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Whenever you press the clutch after a decent acceleration there is this irritating feel and sound that comes from the clutch pedal. The feel is 80% to the foot and 20% is the sound which is taking the pleasure out of the driving. It almost feels like something is getting rubbed inside and is very irritating to the driver.

The service guy has claimed that some bush has been adjusted/ replaced but the problem is still there. Can anyone of you troubleshoot what might be wrong and is there something seriously wrong with the clutch as it has not been fixed after two visits describing the same problem.
The clutch pedal in the older Indica (V2 model) has a 'helper' spring that is designed to assist in reducing pedal pressure. One end of the spring is attached to the pedal and the other to the fixture to which the pedal is hinged. Some times the helper spring makes that slight crunching or grinding sound that can also be felt on the foot.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
My Vista steering wheel vibrates at speeds above 100 kmph.
I did a balancing of front wheels, still the steering wheel vibrates above 100 kmph. Has anybody's Vista faced this?

Not sure what do I do.
Should I put the back tyres in the front and see it is a tyres issue?
Check both those tyres - could be having a problem of warped sidewalls- mount the tyre with wheel on the rig used for balancing wheels and rotate the tyre either manually or through the rig's motor. Place the tip of a pen such that it just touches the outer edge of the tyre as the rotation starts and use it as a visual cue to judge whether the tyre has a noticeable wobble or whether it rotates absolutely true.

The point here is that even if the wheel is perfectly balanced, a tyre with warped sidewalls mounted on that wheel will give a feedback on the steering - especially if mounted on the front.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Remember guys when I said the above comment on AC, I thought it might not be a big issue - but the truth of the same came to light only yesterday.

Yesterday being Sunday, we went out for a long drive to the country side. During this period, I kept my car ac on 100%. We had no problems while reaching the destination – some 65 odd kms from Mumbai on the Nasik Highway. While returning back, at around 5:30 or 6:00 pm the car started heating up a lot. Also the Ac cooling was not so strong. Hence I tried calling on the helpline number for Wasan, but we were not able to get through.

With no option available to me, I located a small time repair shop and asked him for help. On diagnose, the mechanic told me that the AC condenser has a leak and due to which the car is heating up. He also told me that this needs to be looked at immediately as otherwise I would not be able to reach home safely. But since the car was brand new I told him that I will get this repaired at the company showroom. The mechanic agreed and said yes you should take the car to the showroom, but he also said that since there is a leak and due to which the car is heating up, the leak needs to be stopped. The most easiest way to do this is to apply Mseal which will help seal the leak till you reach home and also to the workshop.

I was in two minds, should I go without applying the Mseal or after applying Mseal as suggested by the mechanic. Since I had my family along, the family safety was my priority rather than being stranded again somewhere else on the highway, I went ahead and used Mseal to seal off the leak. This worked wonders for my car and we were able to reach home without any hiccups. Then today morning, I took the car to Wasan workshop at deonar but to my utter surprise, I was told that the condenser would not be replaced on warranty as I had showed one of the roadside mechanic. I agree to the fact that yes I had been to the roadside mechanic, but that was taking into consideration my family’s safety and also being Sunday, most of the workshops are closed for the day, I had to take that decision.

Now I am in a fix as the AC condenser as per the service advisor – would cost me around 14k for replacement. This is something not warranted for. I don’t expect to be paying 14k for a brand new car which has not even completed 15 day of ownership. Wasan motors service advisor has raised a C7 ticket with Tata and have tried to explain the situation in the ticket, requesting for warranty replacement. Can anyone please help me with this mess that has happened to my brand new car. The job car number for the car at was an is 0809-012847. I am also told that this might take more than 10 days as until and unless Tata does not confirm the C7 ticket, work would not commence. Kindly work on my request at the earliest.

Please help - This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Regards,
Kailash
Thats absolute crap dude.What you did was limp the car home..and like someone said did not replace any part. There is absolute no reason why the part should not be replaced under warranty. Tell them you are willing to go to consumer court if the part is not fixed or replaced.I will try and speak to some higher authority in TATA and see if something can be done.
Btw, you really should have asked for help before choosing the car.
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
This email address does not work.
I am so sorry. but supportsouth was working some months back.

Try the following, it has only phone numbers, though!

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Reach Us
Old 6th March 2009, 15:05   #58
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Today I got an update from TATA motors about my car. They have checked the AC condensor and would be replacing the same within warranty.

But its really sad to see that TATA motors took 5 days for confirming that the condensor would be exchanged in warranty. Another problem is that, they do not have the concerned part with them and hence would place an order of the same. This might take another few days and my car would be returned only after that.

This means that my brand new car which I bought on 21st Feb was with me for only 1 week and then since that 1 week has been lying at the Wasan workshop for another 1 week and I am not sure the actual date of returning the car. Could be Monday or Tuesday. Chalo atleast I am happy that I will not pay for the condensor from my pocket and only will keep my fingers crossed so that I don't face any more problems with the car.

By the way for everyone's info - tata motors email address is customercare@tatamotors.com

Regards,
Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 6th March 2009 at 15:07.
Old 6th March 2009, 15:07   #59
Team-BHP Support

Thts good news Kailash. All the best
Old 7th March 2009, 23:48   #60
BHPian

Got the car delivered today. But I still need to say I am not so happy with Tata service. The car had reached Wasan on Monday and for approval it took all the way till Friday, which according to me was a little late. Also when I went to take the delivery of the car, I had a person taking my car out for test drive. We joined him in the test drive and the way the person was driving the car, I had to remind him that the car has still not completed the running in period. After reminding him he drove properly, but before that I saw him doing speeds in excess to 100kmph. This shows how much do the workshop personnel car for some one elses car. This attitude was something that I had not warranted for when Tata itself writes about the running in period. This made me think that even with us in the car, he was driving at insane speeds, if we had not been there probably he would have ripped the car.

Again the quality control of the car is not upto the mark. When we took the delivery, I realized that the rear door at the passenger side would not open from inside. (This was the first time that we tried to open that door from inside.) It was repaired on the spot by applying some oil, don’t know how long will it work properly.

Hoping that there are no further issues that crop up in the car for many more kilometers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks