Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 13:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
When we took the delivery, I realized that the rear door at the passenger side would not open from inside. (This was the first time that we tried to open that door from inside.) It was repaired on the spot by applying some oil, don’t know how long will it work properly.
Oil, where? The usual cause for passenger doors at the rear not opening fro inside is due to the child lock.
Old 8th March 2009, 20:17   #62
BHPian

Hi trrk,

I know about the child lock. It was not applied. The door even though child lock was not used, did not seem to be opening through the inside door lock release. Hence the guy opened the door and applied at the lock hinges in the insides of the door and after some time the door would open without any fuss.

Regards,
Kailash
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista - list of Known problems-f7ci7c5cstorage20card5cmy20documents5cmy20pictures5cimage_0281.jpg  

Old 8th March 2009, 23:45   #63
BHPian

All these issues are scaring me right at the time I was at the stage of finalising aura quadrajet over Swift VDi. These issues do look serious but are they serious enough to deter a new buyer who has never driven a Tata car in the past?
I mean are all the reviews from the owners negative or do we have some who would vouch for vista over swift?
Old 9th March 2009, 06:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
All these issues are scaring me right at the time I was at the stage of finalising aura quadrajet over Swift VDi. These issues do look serious but are they serious enough to deter a new buyer who has never driven a Tata car in the past?
I mean are all the reviews from the owners negative or do we have some who would vouch for vista over swift?
I am using Vista Aqua for little more than one month and 1000+ kms. Only problem is with rubber beadings which I will get replaced in the first service within the next few days.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:14   #65
BHPian

Hi Travelex, I have been driving the car almost on a daily basis since the past 3 months now (4K on the odo). I do agree that the car has its more than fair share of problems. However majority have been taken care of the 1st time itself that they occured. Majority of these problems arise due to an absolutely horrendous Quality Control program. A strict quality control on their end would definitely eliminate all of them.
Between the Swift & the Vista - If U want a car which is fun to drive & dont have more than 4 ppl to carry (with absolutely minimal luggage) then the Swift is the car for U. Waiting period is a diff story.
However, if U want loads of cabin space coupled with a car which is more loaded than the swift but priced slightly lesser, then Vista should be your choice.
I am sure owners of both the cars will go to every extent to defend their respective choice.
1 point which definitely goes in favor of the Vista is its beautiful road presence on the open highways. Doing speeds in excess of 140 is a breeze. None of my co-passenger event felt that I was doing such speeds.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Travelex , you know about beta softwares right ? you get stuff free/ at a lesser price, in return for using an almost finished product, and helping them fix the remaining ones. The vista is kinda like that

Having said that , i doubt if there are any major issues involved
Old 9th March 2009, 13:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Having said that , i doubt if there are any major issues involved
Ah, there we go again, trying our very best to somehow exonerate a company that has repeatedly failed on QC!

What is minor to one could be unacceptable to another!
Old 9th March 2009, 14:39   #68
BHPian

I get a feeling that people are generally very unforgiving towards the Tata Group. I very distinctly remember some one appreciating the engine & gear box & the very next post reprimanded the earlier one by mentioning that the same were from Fiat & not Tata’s. However no one ever pointed out that even the Swift uses the same diesel engine. Why this bias towards Tata motors?
Some time I feel that the typical Indian mentality that all things foreign are always better applies here big time. I face this prob at my office regularly. At the drop of a hat they are up in arms against the Vista. I am sure these fellows have never even driven a Vista in their lives, but would love to bad mouth it. I just shut them by saying that the Vista seems to be giving them a complex & since they can’t do anything about it, they try to run down the product. This make them quiet... at least for a few more days!!!
Old 9th March 2009, 14:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

@MAverick- Quiet right. General perception is like that. We all want troublefree products. But the truth is every product by whosoever manufacturer has some or the other defect in it. Some are highlighted and some are not.
Old 9th March 2009, 17:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I know about the child lock. It was not applied.
I am sorry I put it that way.

Usually the child lock thing is not thought of and since it was a new car, I assumed it must be that.

Thanks for the picture. You learn a new thing every day.
Old 9th March 2009, 23:24   #71
BHPian

Slightly out of topic

I have a hyundai santro withing first 3 months had had ernormous problems with the car ... same door problem like kailash which occured twice in a month then the actuators with all doors had problem which was replced. AC thermosat was replaced, becuase the car use to heat up and there was no pick at all.

First three months were horrible experience for me but after that till date i never had any problem.
May be a product or too gets somethings that are not part of standard fittings or a matter of quality control.

Me to thinking of going in for vista quadrajet in two months time.
hope to get the best................
Old 10th March 2009, 01:23   #72
BHPian

Travelex,

i know the issues that I have been facing with the car, but trust me I will still recommend this car to people who are looking for a good diesel hatch. Vista is a very good VFM car and Tata has improved 10folds over its predecessor. The issues that I have faced could be a one of situations and I can say that I am unlucky in vista but not everyone is facing the AC condensor issues. The issues that everyone is facing are very minuscule and like some one said - no car will be trouble free, there would be some niggling problems in the car. But still this is VFM over swift and also swift feels so cramped compared to Indica that you start hating Swift once you have used the Indica vista. It has all the ingredients to be a super hatch.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 10th March 2009, 18:34   #73
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I get a feeling that people are generally very unforgiving towards the Tata Group.
Quite the opposite, people are very gentle on Tata because they are Indian.

Old 10th March 2009, 19:08   #74

if you start a thread - swift/i10/santro list of known problems, you will also get more similar problems. The point is nobody starting these threads because they bought these cars at a premium and they don't want to disclose their problems.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

but the difference is , maruti/hyundai mechanics can diagnose and fix these problems.

But for tata cars, we need to point the problems to the mechanics ourselves and tell them what needs to be done. thats why we have a thread for the indica as well.

The car is fine , and probably has a few initial hiccups. like you've said dvinod, swift/i10 have also had their problems - clutches , gearboxes etc, but the manufacturers and service centers were proactive and issued recalls/fixes unobtrusively.

Not quite with tata service centers, and hence the need for this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks