Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 11:31   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionfreak View Post
Shaman auto..nr siwri
FYI...Shaman Auto does not sell or service TATA cars anymore. The dealership was cancelled long back!

Shaman is now for Honda and Ford!
Old 27th February 2009, 12:00   #32
BHPian

Hi Kailash,
As I said earlier, I burn the CD's max @32X, because the MP3 player that I have at home simply refuses to read CD's if they are written above that speed. 32X was discovered by means of a R&D and at the cost of a few CD's.
I dont think there is any problem with your AC. People who generally sit behind have this perception that AC in such a big car is never efficient enough. This has been my experience also. When the back seat guy cribs, just do the following - 1) Judge the colling for yourself from the front seat 2) Try positioning AC vents in the centre for more air flow to go behind. 3) Lastly ask the person if he's feeling the temperature inside the cabin to be less than what is outside.
Majority of the time's point 3 is useful as they realize that the cabin cannot be freezing cold on a hot afternoon. I feel this is a perception problem only.
Better still, why dont U sit in the back seat & see if its actually happening.
Also have you got a good quality film installed on your windows?
Now to your final question - Pl take you car to the Tata's workshop @Worli Naka. This workshop is right next to Durian & the UTVi office. Just speak to Uday over there. Do let me know when U plan to get your car there. I might also try & come over there.
Where do U stay/work?
Old 28th February 2009, 16:18   #33
BHPian

Rust on the Front Disc Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi,

Today while cleaning the car, I came across rust on the disc brakes of the car. Has anyone of you ever seen this on your new car.

regards,
Kailash
Hi Guys,

Today, while getting the wheel balancing done, I again noticed the rust. I got the opportunity to click a picture of the same. Kindly check this out and let me know if it is normal. As you all can see, there is rust at the top of the disc and also on the center near the bolts. Kindly suggest.

by the way has anyone else also seen this kind of rust in their Indica Vista

Regards,
kailash
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista - list of Known problems-image_027.jpg  

Old 28th February 2009, 16:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Kindly check this out and let me know if it is normal. As you all can see, there is rust at the top of the disc and also on the center near the bolts. Kindly suggest.
Hey Friend, what you see is NORMAL..so chill.

Cheers
Old 28th February 2009, 16:59   #35
BHPian

before the second service, the suspension in my Vista started giving a crunching sound whenever the wheels descended from a speed breaker. i had it rectified in the free service and it has remained silent to this day.

this was the only 'problem' i faced since I purchased it. another issue was the beadings were not seated properly on the roof. That was also fixed but i guess it might happen again in future. I guess I have to live with it. the other beadings (doors, windows etc) are fine.

a friend of mine had this problem with his Vista: there was a loud click-click sound from the steering column when the steering wheel was turned to the maximum (u-turns). the service center replaced the "cam-shaft" in the first service under warranty. anyone else faced this issue?
Old 28th February 2009, 22:05   #36
BHPian

irritating sound..

My Brother in law has got the vista quadrajet and the car has this clutch problem that has not been fixed by the concorde guys though i had personally described the problem to the service guy.

Whenever you press the clutch after a decent acceleration there is this irritating feel and sound that comes from the clutch pedal. The feel is 80% to the foot and 20% is the sound which is taking the pleasure out of the driving. It almost feels like something is getting rubbed inside and is very irritating to the driver.

The service guy has claimed that some bush has been adjusted/ replaced but the problem is still there. Can anyone of you troubleshoot what might be wrong and is there something seriously wrong with the clutch as it has not been fixed after two visits describing the same problem.

suggestions please and this has been there from the day of delivery.
Old 28th February 2009, 22:37   #37
BHPian

Completed nearly one month and 850 kms. Only problem so far is that of beadings, especially windscreen. Also, water enters inside of rear right window while washing, which should also be due to poor quality beading. Mileage after fill to fill at around 600 kms was 19kpl with 70% city and 30% highway and AC rarely used.
Old 1st March 2009, 12:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Also, water enters inside of rear right window while washing, which should also be due to poor quality beading.
More of quality control during PDI! A reseating of the beading should take care of that, I think!

Good mileage.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.horn not working
2.poor plastic my seat adjuster hadle broken
3.rattles from seat and different body parts
4.poor fit and finish especially beadings
5.very very very poor A/C
6.starting complaint {because of wire get loosened to the diesel pump ,now i fix the complaint}
from an indica vista community in orkut
Old 1st March 2009, 14:03   #40
Team-BHP Support

What the heck. It was Safari earlier and now this. Really poor quality control. And its a pity coz they offer very nice value propositions.

I will be in the market for a new car soon, but seeing this, it will not be a Tata most probably.
Old 1st March 2009, 18:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What the heck. It was Safari earlier and now this. Really poor quality control. And its a pity coz they offer very nice value propositions.

I will be in the market for a new car soon, but seeing this, it will not be a Tata most probably.
Hey don't worry, just wait till tata launches an indica vista V2. all the bugs should be fixed by then.
Old 1st March 2009, 18:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

oye eddey,

besharm - why a new car - both your cars will not lose any further depreciation in another year anytime
Old 1st March 2009, 19:05   #43
BHPian

My Vista steering wheel vibrates at speeds above 100 kmph.
I did a balancing of front wheels, still the steering wheel vibrates above 100 kmph. Has anybody's Vista faced this?

Not sure what do I do.
Should I put the back tyres in the front and see it is a tyres issue?

I can tell the A.S.S during the second service but dont have much confidence that they will fix it.
Old 1st March 2009, 19:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

check for bent rims and the front suspension as well - its a perennial problem with the older generation indicas. if its not the bent rims , its usually the tie rods or the ball joints
Old 1st March 2009, 22:56   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
oye eddey,

besharm - why a new car - both your cars will not lose any further depreciation in another year anytime
Meri Ford mujhe ek din dhokha de degi, I am sure

Plus, 6 of us in the family commute so feel the need for another one. It could be the Nano, TATA notwithstanding

PS: Had it not been for this bloody recession, I would have bought something by now. Alas.............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks