Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Old 5th November 2020, 23:54   #1126
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Does anyone know anyone here in Chennai who can take a look at my W124 E220. It might just need a basic service and a good look at the electricals.
I have found a mechanic for my W124, who is passionate about 124s. Will use his services first and let you know if he is worth. Keep in touch. I will keep you posted about my W124.
Old 6th November 2020, 17:30   #1127
BHPian

If they have worked on Classic (pre-1997) cars before, use them. Experience is fast disappearing in India.

I don't partcipate here much anymore after the admins refused permission to post a genuinely Classic car focussed show I produced, but if anyone has questions about their W124 and want to know which parts to get and from where, feel free to PM me.

Enjoy the W124 (or earlier MBs if you can find them) as they really are the only cars built to stand the test of time on Indian roads!
Old 15th January 2021, 16:48   #1128
BHPian

Hi! We had bought a Mercedes Benz W124 E-220 in February 2019. The car had been sitting for a while and didn't crank. Thereafter, apart from some minor things here and there. the service included the following work:

(i) Engine Oil
(ii) Oil Filter
(iii) Fuel filter
(iv) Gear oil
(v) Coolant
(vi) Brake fluid
(vii) Front and Rear disk pads were replaced
(viii) Spark plugs replaced
(ix) Fuel Pump replaced
(x) New battery and tyres
(xi) Front suspension overhaul.

A few months ago, the engine began to misfire badly and was shown to an independent garage that we usually visit. Apparently, the car needs a new ignition coil and some other electrical work. However, the availability of spare parts has been an issue so the car ended up standing at the workshop for around 4 months. We recently decided to get the car back home and while doing so, a portion of the exhaust fell off. This is the reason the car sounds more like a tractor as of now.

It would be greatly appreciated if fellow W124 owners can suggest an expert in or around Chandigarh, to diagnose and fix the current issue being faced.

Thanks in advance.

Old 17th January 2021, 10:38   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagatvir View Post
Hi! We had bought a Mercedes Benz W124 E-220 in February 2019. The car had been sitting for a while and didn't crank. Thereafter, apart from some minor things here and there. the service included the following work:
Hi Jagatvir,
You can contact "Car Doctors Amritsar" they can help in Chandigarh as well. I have just shifted from Delhi to Chandigarh. Getting new and used spares is not an issue there. For any parts for W124 you can also connect with Mr. Manoj from Capital car company (Delhi). Let me know if any other help needed.

Regards
Gaurav
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-save_20210117_103455.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th January 2021 at 10:43. Reason: quote content trimmed
Gauravtewari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 13:41   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

(i) Engine Oil
(ii) Oil Filter
(iii) Fuel filter
(iv) Gear oil
(v) Coolant
(vi) Brake fluid
(vii) Front and Rear disk pads were replaced
(viii) Spark plugs replaced
(ix) Fuel Pump replaced
(x) New battery and tyres
(xi) Front suspension overhaul.

A few months ago, the engine began to misfire badly and was shown to an independent garage that we usually visit. Apparently, the car needs a new ignition coil and some other electrical work. However, the availability of spare parts has been an issue so the car ended up standing at the workshop for around 4 months. We recently decided to get the car back home and while doing so, a portion of the exhaust fell off. This is the reason the car sounds more like a tractor as of now.

It would be greatly appreciated if fellow W124 owners can suggest an expert in or around Chandigarh, to diagnose and fix the current issue being faced.

Thanks in advance.
Hey buddy, PM me your contact number, I am in and around chandigarh these days, and just finished a major job in my E220.
Will definitely help out with your car to have it up and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauravtewari View Post
Hi Jagatvir,
You can contact "Car Doctors Amritsar" they can help in Chandigarh as well. I have just shifted from Delhi to Chandigarh. Getting new and used spares is not an issue there. For any parts for W124 you can also connect with Mr. Manoj from Capital car company (Delhi). Let me know if any other help needed.

Regards
Gaurav
Hey Gaurav, do you have a W124 in chandigarh?
We have a small local owners group here; PM me, if you would like to join us on a meet sometime, which we are planning soon.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 10:57   #1131
BHPian

I'm classified as a newbie so can't PM you. Could you please send me your contact number by PM, will revert back.
Old 18th January 2021, 20:22   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm classified as a newbie so can't PM you. Could you please send me your contact number by PM, will revert back.
Unfortunately, I cannot send you a PM either, quickly complete 25 posts, and we will be able to communicate.
Let's get your car up and running
Old 5th April 2021, 22:55   #1133
BHPian

Does anyone have any leads on a clean W124 in Gurgaon/ Delhi with valid (and obviously out of state) registration?
TIA
Old 13th August 2021, 09:03   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Require an oil sensor for the E250. Kindly let me know if it is available anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed