Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 01:21   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
But for the gear - I had added the OWS gear treatment to the gear oil when I changed it. But not much of help.
So the OWS 230 does not make much of a difference. Pity. I was actually planning to order it. I use mineral oil in the gearbox, so I was hoping a shot of 230 would provide some tangible improvements. BTW, HappyWheels, did you use regular mineral or fully synthetic for the gearbox?
Old 30th July 2009, 09:30   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
So the OWS 230 does not make much of a difference. Pity. I was actually planning to order it. I use mineral oil in the gearbox, so I was hoping a shot of 230 would provide some tangible improvements. BTW, HappyWheels, did you use regular mineral or fully synthetic for the gearbox?
According to my experience, the OWS 230 does make a difference. I used it on my Aveo U-VA and felt a perceptible smoothness after 150-200 kms of running. But then, the U-VA comes with a fairly notchy gear box from factory. So maybe the difference for me was perceptible.
Old 30th July 2009, 10:04   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
...so I was hoping a shot of 230 would provide some tangible improvements. BTW, HappyWheels, did you use regular mineral or fully synthetic for the gearbox?
Roy, I used the regular oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
According to my experience, the OWS 230 does make a difference. I used it on my Aveo U-VA and felt a perceptible smoothness after 150-200 kms of running...
The effect seems to be varying. We have one person with a well run Zen, who did have some gear change issues, experiencing a very noticeable change in the gear shift and a solution to all the issues after adding the 230.

My recommendation will be to go ahead and try it. Definitely worth a shot!
Old 30th July 2009, 16:10   #259
BHPian

Ready for my 50K OWS service.

Sportsmind is moving to OWS on its 50K service next month. Have a few quick question of the OWS guys here.
What is the recommended OWS Engine oil for Swift ZXI (petrol), is it OWS 5w40 (Rs.3845-4 ltrs) 0r OWS 10w40 (Rs.2520- 4ltrs).

Also planned to order the following goodies as I need to get a flush done before I move to OWS.
OWS-210 Engine Flush 250 ml (Rs.725)
OWS-220 Engine Protector 300ml (Rs.780)
OWS 230 Gear oil 150ml (Rs.760)

Is there any important OWS goodies I am missing out on, for the 50K service.
Is ATF (Automatic transmission fluid, Rs.1060 for 1 ltr) used in swift?

Inputs quick please...

Last edited by Sportsmind : 30th July 2009 at 16:12.
Old 1st August 2009, 10:41   #260
BANNED

does buying OWS makes sense? Am not against OWS, but when an engine flush of other brands like STP, bardahl are priced around Rs.200/ OWs is priced around Rs.700/-

Whats main difference in performance? Do they give performance worth the money? I plan to get liqui moly , but i dont know where i can get it from? those who have used flush, please respond.

Is it an global phenomenon that "costly things will be good" . ?
Old 1st August 2009, 11:44   #261
BHPian

Hi, I am very skeptical about this. A lot of them have vouched for this on the forum. I tend to believe that difference felt is mainly due to change in oil. When you do a flush, add engine protector, new filter and new oil, its hard to say whats the main contributor to the enhancement.

Neverthless, I would not advise the engine protector. Strictly my opinion and gut feeling. I would always suggest an engine flush + good oil and there after , frequent oil changes.

We have been using cars for a very long time without oil or petrol additives and in my opinion with constant oil changes and occasaional engine flush, we should be ok. Unless you have a high performance car or twitchy fingers with a fat wallet etc..

Last edited by vdiatech : 1st August 2009 at 11:57.
Old 1st August 2009, 12:08   #262
BHPian

sorry, it would not let me edit, hence this post.
check this out, Step 3. It says , for mineral oil !!

Products
Old 1st August 2009, 22:21   #263
BANNED

Can OWS 360 injector cleaner can be used directly in fuel system to purge as Liqui moly diesel purge can be done?

Diesel Purge Mercedes diesel maintenance tips

Picture is given above for reference, or any other additive does this job?
Old 1st August 2009, 22:33   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Can OWS 360 injector cleaner can be used directly in fuel system to purge...
Yup; just drop the can of OWS 360 into the fuel tank when you have around 10~15 liters of fuel remaining and drive.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:37   #265
BANNED

@ happy wheels

Yes, you are right. But Does this process give same result as Liqui moly diesel purge, since it is directly sent concentrated to pump as in the picture.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:42   #266
Senior - BHPian

Not sure of how much real time effect the Liqui Moly does, but the results seems more of less the same that I have had notice on using it.

And this is the similar effect noted by others also, over here, who have used it.

And the process in the given site seems to involve a bit of DIY!
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:12   #267
BANNED

I had gone through an blog against OWS, i didnt believe it first. but once researching through the link and videos. i think it may be true. It claims OWS is not direct manufacturer, its repacked and the original manufacturer is Voltronics Germany.

I had gone through their website and the product is almost same except the name. Even the picture of dyno graph and compression graph are same in OWS and voltronics.

got the indian office address.

India & Bhutan Geschäftslokal
VOLTRONIC India
VOLTRONIC Bhutan
(Rebranded VOLTRONIC PRO-10)
41/17, Site IV Sahibabad
Industrial Area, Ghaziabad,
201010 (U.P.), India.
Telefon : (+91) 120 416 7451

If anyone knows this area, please enquire about the price and availability of their products.

Anti OWS blog:

VOLTRONIC Lubricants Germany
Report on OWS Lubricants, OWS Germany, OWS Singapore and Klaus Bosshammer

If once gone through the blog, whatever said there may be true. since no certification for OWS, voltronics have all certifications.

VOLTRONIC ® products accredited by :
ISO 9001 : 2000.
DIN - German certified.
BS - British Standard .
TÜV certified.
Military Spec. certified.
Daimler AG Germany.
Volkswagen AG Germany.

By the way OWS is not accredited by renowned body.

Please note: I am not against any additive brand, Just want to know whether it is fact or not.

If one can get voltronic brand for Less price, why go for OWS, when the contents is same? But the question is where it is available?

The Voltronic germany too has same technical data specs

Engine Flush | Voltronic Germany
Engine Protector | Voltronic Germany
Valve and Injector Cleaner | Voltronic Germany
Attached Thumbnails
OWS Goodies in my baby: A pleasant change-fa_3in1_car_net.jpg  

Last edited by rajivanoj : 2nd August 2009 at 14:22.
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:27   #268
Senior - BHPian

Post OWS and 400kms later, did a full tank today; the mileage was a whooping... 15kmpl!!!

Something ain't right here! Mmmm....
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:39   #269
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Something ain't right here! Mmmm....
15kmpl is an absolute no-no! Did you check with Farhan as you suspected that something was wrong earlier itself?
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:40   #270
BANNED

@ happywheelz

If 15 kmpl mileage, then why should you worry? (if the mileage increased from before). what car do you have?

by the way, i got voltronic dealer in india , His name is pallav. phone number: 0120-4167451, email: info@ppcot.in

I dont know who is re-packer of this flush, and i had asked this to Voltronic through email. Waiting for reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks