Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:25   #181
Team-BHP Support

EDITED: He has flushed lol Why is the piston head all wet in the petrol engine posted? that should give you your answer. Look closer where the flash occurs, piston is kinda clean, isnt it? why so?

Stop posting your thread all over the place, we know that you have gone the extra bit to have a shiny engine internals but i REPEAT, i wouldnt recommend opening complex internal combustion engine (esp with our kinda service support) multiple times, to wipe em clean.

I dont have documented proof like you, apart from the Crv's so.

EDIT 2: wild idea, i will take a shot of oil drained without flush, then pour it back in and then again run with flush and then take second shot. After this will send for some lab analysis also. This should work.

It will take couple of months i guess, please wait till then.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2009 at 23:32.
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:42   #182
BHPian

This is becoming a barroom brawl. I never knew that engine oils and flushes could make people so emotional.
From my 2 days of experience with flushes and synthetics and this thread:
Most engine flushing chemicals work.
Synthetic oils make a significant difference.
Changing your brand of oil has no ill effects.
Opening your engine unless absolutely required is not worth the trouble.
Do not flush your engine with toilet water.
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:49   #183
BHPian

Quote:
He has flushed lol Why is the piston head all wet in the petrol engine posted?
I dont know whether he flushed or nor, But this is your first statement:

****No flushing whatsoever but regular mineral oil change at 5k kms.

Quote:
i wouldnt recommend opening complex internal combustion engine (esp with our kinda service support) multiple times, to wipe em clean.
I agree with you. I too dont recommend any Manual Decarb, But never TRUST this kind of people and avoid shocking one day like this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1008596-post79.html

Quote:
From my 2 days of experience with flushes and synthetics and this thread:
Most engine flushing chemicals work.
Synthetic oils make a significant difference.
Changing your brand of oil has no ill effects.
Opening your engine unless absolutely required is not worth the trouble.
I agree All. Just now I added OWS 360 in my car and Oh my God, It gives me a HUGE improvement.

Believe it or not my TCIC crossed 180kmps in 10-20 seconds, its not a joke guys, I withdraw all my statments and recommend OWS products to all.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2009 at 23:51. Reason: Lets not get mod actions into this! Strict NO NO. Thanks
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:49   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
or with any water or land up paying couple of lakhs afterwards like we had to

Roy do post your feedback after 1000 km or so, will be helpful for others. And rest of your post make lot of sense.

Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:22   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Roy do post your feedback after 1000 km or so, will be helpful for others. ....
I will certainly be doing that. As far as flushes and synthetics go, I was something of a skeptic. The only reason I spent almost 4k (4l mobil1 + OWS210) was because of a slightly harsh note that my engine has from day one. Actually, this is barely noticeable most times, but had become a 'Chinese water torture' type of thing for me. Also, the engine had a tendency to stall while starting off in 1st gear. This was a fairly rare occurrence, but I am a bit obsessive-compulsive about these things.
Now, it definitely feels like the stalling problem has been sorted out. I will review the benefits for a few thousand km and then decide if I want to change over to fully synthetic gearbox oil or not.
And after that? iridium plugs, CAI, FFE, turbocharging...who knows?
Old 3rd July 2009, 07:55   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Believe it or not my TCIC crossed 180kmps in 10-20 seconds, its not a joke guys, I withdraw all my statments and recommend OWS products to all.
Wow! I'll add 3 bottles of 360 then.. and damn! my indigo(i call it taxi pyaar se) would be flying.

But on a serious note..Ibm you've done a commendable job, but the only issue is that all of your posts carry a link to your thread and thats just too much.

Last edited by panky12345 : 3rd July 2009 at 07:56.
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:11   #187
BHPian

Quote:
What's my point HERE is "CAN ANYBODY HERE PROVE that this FLUSH Products actually WORKS?"

I just proved that None of the Flush products works even in Petrol/Diesel car. I just opened up my engine for that. Why you all ARE Recommending or Advertising people to use the Flush/Additives without knowing the truth? Is it because the people who sells them are members of this site?

Why CAN'T the so called OWS suppliers at TBHP open up a Engine head "BEFORE" and "AFTER" a flush?
=====

My thoughts are similar too ! An imporvement in the way the car performs after vitamin treatments could be attributed to different things , not necessarily because the flush has rid the engine of all the carbon, hence the 'sweet run' !

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd July 2009 at 09:53. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short reply, thanks
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:56   #188
Team-BHP Support

Ok getting back to topic, i will be doing longish trip this weekend. This will give me a good chance to evaluate 360, right now done 80 odd kms (with 2 cans of 360 in a tank full of diesel) fuel guage is still above F mark so will not be topping up now.

Maybe once i reach 400 kms mark ill top up diesel so that i can prolong the 360 but at a lesser concentration.

Have a great weekend gals & boys!
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:15   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I used to off-clean my injectors once in 3 months in my old 412 boat engine, but not necessary for a car.
If you boat stalls you are stuck in the middle of nowhere. If your car stalls you'll find a mechanic or taxi rather easily.

Quote:
I just imported a 10 lacks engine from China
Which engine?

Quote:
I agree All. Just now I added OWS 360 in my car and Oh my God, It gives me a HUGE improvement.
There is a huge difference in doing 0-180 in 20 secs vs doing the same in 10 secs. What are your real timings?
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:55   #190
BHPian

Quote:
i will be doing longish trip this weekend. This will give me a good chance to evaluate 360, right now done 80 odd kms (with 2 cans of 360 in a tank full of diesel) fuel guage is still above F mark so will not be topping up now.

Maybe once i reach 400 kms
The problem here is you are just evaluating the quality of a product just by self observations/feelings. Its not the Real. If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

If you FELT it Good, doesn't mean that it works!

Quote:
i will be doing longish trip this weekend. This will give me a good chance to evaluate 360
You don't need OWS 360/210 to get this kind of improvements. Adding some 2T oil with Diesel or ATF Fluid in Engine to Flush will GIVE you MORE improvements than this.

I agree that OWS 210 works, But How much?
10% or 20%

And How Long?
80Kms or 400 Kms?

Is it Cheap or is it worth? Is it a 100 bucks product?

Or is Valuable to be recommended by a TBHP Moderator?
How can a Moderator recommends a product in 80kms? May be because someone already PROVED that? Then why the Moderator didnt used that product for his CRV upto 60kms? Who proved that it WORKED for him? And Where? isn't there atleast a OWS sponsored proof(like Bardhal's No-Oil run) for stupids like me? (Even I have proof that OWS 360 reduced the PUC level!!! - What about 210?)

Note for OWS Testers: Please do not use the Old oil to test OWS 210, We have tested 210 and we got amazing results with brand new Castrol Magnatec. Also Mix 210 well with minimum recommended Oil level and then pour to the engine and idle for atleast 30 minutes...

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 3rd July 2009 at 12:15.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:00   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
He has flushed lol Why is the piston head all wet in the petrol engine posted? that should give you your answer. Look closer where the flash occurs, piston is kinda clean, isnt it? why so?
To clarify: The pic was not taken right after the head was removed, & the piston tops are all wet since a de-greaser was sprayed on to remove all that gunk.

I've always, as most of us have, felt an improvement on using products like engine flushes, synthetic oil, injector cleaners, etc. That is also probably why I'll continue to use them in the future. But, at least from my experience, such products do have limits & may not be able to cope with all conditions.

Despite using Speed, Speed-93, Speed-97, Mobil-1, & several OWS products my pistons ended up looking the way they were. Of course, the "Speed" fuel I was using could've been adulterated, or my "Simoto" stainless-steel filter could be letting in too much dust, at the end of the day the results acheived with using said products were unimpressive.

My advice, use said products, but don't expect much, just in case you have to open your engine one day & find the insides all mucky.

P.S. The engine's to be opened up shortly for an over-bore - pics taken then should show how much muck's accumulated in the past 10 months...

Last edited by im_srini : 3rd July 2009 at 12:11.
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:22   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
There is a huge difference in doing 0-180 in 20 secs vs doing the same in 10 secs. What are your real timings?
LOL Navin, 0-180 feet or 0-180m.. I doubt a Tata Safari will touch the other side of 160 kmph!
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:27   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
LOL Navin, 0-180 feet or 0-180m.. I doubt a Tata Safari will touch the other side of 160 kmph!
maybe he put his chinese boat engine in it.
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:43   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt a Tata Safari will touch the other side of 160 kmph!
This is the limit without OWS. But OWS did some Magic to my engine and it crossed 180 suddenly. But if you need a Proof, I am going for a long trip and you have to wait for one month for a Lab test.

Quote:
maybe he put his chinese boat engine in it.
But I am sure its 500 times better than a TATA Engine.

And if you are in kerala, go to Cochin and just ask anybody - Which is the fastest Boat as of now in Cochin Harbor and which Engine it has? A US Engine or Indian Engine or a Chinese Engine.

China is not Bad as you are thinking, almost 90% of your computer products manufactured in China. And have you been met by any JAPAN Engineer, because of you have a JAPAN Manufactured Car? 4 Engineers sponsored by the manufacturer came from China to my place just for a small fault, how do you compare this with TATA?

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 3rd July 2009 at 21:54.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:25   #195
Senior - BHPian

Switched to OWS plugs. Not sure if it is my imagination but engine feelss faintly sluggish when I first depress the accelerator pedal but get a surge after that. The OEM plugs seemed a bit more linear.

Last edited by bottle : 4th July 2009 at 01:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks