Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 10:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
First thing that hits you is the sound, rather lack of it.
Apart from that, I do not find much difference. The engine still strains when I push it at 60kmph @ 2nd (as was the case earlier).
good to know that engine is quite.

@engine straining, what went wrong? had you run the car enough long to notice the difference?
keen to know your experience.
anyway, i will treat my car with ows.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:54   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
...So I guess it does take a few hundred kilometers before you start seeing the effect.
Ok; will keep this in mind. Guess I am jumping the gun here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
...@engine straining, what went wrong? had you run the car enough long to notice the difference?
keen to know your experience.
anyway, i will treat my car with ows.
The engine straining was as before - the 800cc engine being pushed to the limits.

As mentioned to the post above, I reckon I am expecting magic to happen "immediately" after the change. I have drive all of 23kms since the oil change and most, rather all, of it was in Bangalore traffic. So no chance to "open" up!

Let me drive for some good distance and see.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:31   #123
Team-BHP Support

These additives are not a magic cure for oil leaks, you will have to get it fixed!

They are not power boosters, more of cleaning and revitalizing agents which will bring back the original health of the engine. Some of these help with better lubrication and hence the engine and gear box will feel "smoother".

I have started using the 360, plonked in 2 cans as recommended in the bottle. Very initial feedback, it took 4-5 kms of running for the difference to show, but yes there was a DEFINITE & PERCEIVABLE improvement. Engine is smoother (revs very freely that it feels like clutch slip ) and more silent once heated up.

Detailed feedback in a week or two, i would be doing a kerala trip over the weekend so 360 has a good chance to do, what it should.

EDIT: Drove lil more aggressive than usual for the first few kms, reving more than normal in each gear but not redlining. Soon RPM started shooting to red like a petrol engine!

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th June 2009 at 12:33.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Soon RPM started shooting to red like a petrol engine!
Owing to the discussions here, I've also ordered OWS 360 and OWS 220 for my Indigo.. waiting the things to arrive FAST.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

How much time does it take to deliver the OWS stuff in NCR and is there any dealer for OWS in NCR ?

And whats the mode of ordering, do we have to place order on some website or call up Farhan ?

Someone confirm please
Old 29th June 2009, 14:25   #126
BHPian

There are a few things that people may overlook while investing in these products.

The perceptible difference will definitely depends on person to person and more importantly how good the condition of the car is. If the car is in a very good condition then the difference will be much less than a car thats in much much worse condition. As such no two cars are similar interms of tune and overall engine health. Also different cars will respond differently to these.

So choose the products you want very carefully. Invest in keeping the long term benefits. You should not be dissapointed.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:05   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
If the car is in a very good condition then the difference will be much less than a car thats in much much worse condition.
I will say its the opposite, stuff will work better if the car is in a decent condition, ie these additives will help reviving it back to past glory. Again will have to be used at regular service intervals for best results.

For a completely run down engine, difference might be minimal and might require major booster doze to see better gains. Again additives are not be all and end all of engine overhauling. They are more of service assistance to having a long lasting and performing engine
Old 29th June 2009, 15:22   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
How much time does it take to deliver the OWS stuff in NCR and is there any dealer for OWS in NCR ?

And whats the mode of ordering, do we have to place order on some website or call up Farhan ?

Someone confirm please
You can either send him an email with your order details or call him up.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:41   #129
BHPian

Jaggu, I thought the flush and engine additive (which brings back compression) will do more in a high mileage car. Correct me if i am wrong
Old 29th June 2009, 16:06   #130
Team-BHP Support

Not sure crazyd, havent researched too much on these. Though i know that "booster dosage" is recommended for older cars, when it comes to additives in general (not talking about OWS).

Also my car has done 33k kms and i had flushed the oil at 20k and 30k kms (IIRC) but apart from a tank full of System D i have never used any additive, runs on regular IOC diesel also. Once the 360 started working the difference was huge, anybody can figure this out. And i havent gone the full length, just added the 360, rest of the stuff i will use during regular service only.

I am taking the step by step approach so that i can properly document the changes from each.
Old 29th June 2009, 16:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Not sure crazyd, havent researched too much on these. Though i know that "booster dosage" is recommended for older cars, when it comes to additives in general (not talking about OWS).

Also my car has done 33k kms and i had flushed the oil at 20k and 30k kms (IIRC) but apart from a tank full of System D i have never used any additive, runs on regular IOC diesel also. Once the 360 started working the difference was huge, anybody can figure this out. And i havent gone the full length, just added the 360, rest of the stuff i will use during regular service only.

I am taking the step by step approach so that i can properly document the changes from each.

Hey Jaggu, where do you get your engine flush done mate. I am planning it as i amoving over to OWS fully synthetic as my drive is going to touch 50k in a couple of months.Mine is a petrol version. And how much does the complete flush with oil change cost?
Old 29th June 2009, 22:42   #132
Senior - BHPian

Had to go down to Mysore road around 3.30pm and, surprisingly, got a long stretch to myself. Decided to check out where the redline is currently sitting.

This is what I got:
1st gear - 30kmph
2nd gear - 65kmph
3rd gear - 100kmph

end of run. Road was available but slight traffic was there and did not want to risk it. Since this was done on a quick impulsion, did not push it anymore; and I was also happy with this result!

Now I am sure what the vehicle is capable of. Previously the best at 3rd gear was 80kmph, but now, even with 100kmph in 3rd, I still found that there was some pull left.

Need to check out in a lonely stretch sometime soon.
Old 29th June 2009, 23:16   #133
BHPian

OWS 5w50 fully synthetic costs ~Rs. 1000/l and Mobil1 Rs. 800/l. Is there any significant benefit to using OWS? For 4l, I end up saving Rs 800 if I use Mobil1. Are the prices quoted for OWS too high?
Will be switching from Magnatec to Synthetic for my Swift Vxi in a couple of days, so I'd appreciate some feedback, esp. as I thought that Mobil1 was more expensive of the two.
Also planning to use OWS 220 Engine protector. This is sold in a 330 ml can. The Swift Vxi takes 3.3l of engine oil. If I use the 220 engine protector, should I pour in 3l of engine oil and then the protector or 3.3l as usual and add the protector after that. The 2nd alternative would leave me with 3.6l of oils in the engine. Would this be a problem?

@v1p3r, Mobil1 was quoted at Rs. 800/l by Speed-a-way, Blr. Of course, I am a total noob to synthetics, but I did confirm the price twice. Anyway, will be going there soon.

Last edited by Roy.S : 29th June 2009 at 23:28. Reason: Adding additional info.
Old 29th June 2009, 23:21   #134
Senior - BHPian

Mobil 1 fully synthetic is 1015 or so per litre.
Old 29th June 2009, 23:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Mobil 1 was sourceable @ 800/L only sometime back.
Shouldn't be over 3500 for a 4L can.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks