Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2007, 15:08   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju View Post
I have fitted with Longas-Italy kit around 3months back by Saban LPG Convertion Centre, Cochin. Mine is MPFI model Maruti 800 - 2006 model car. I am fully satisfied with their installation and the service they are giving. They are having very good technicians for proper tuninig.

The total cost for all these they charged me Rs. 20,000 for the torrodial tank and I am getting 16 Kms/ litre of LPG. After 1000 Kms they had done a Air filter cleaning also.

According to me if you are planning to install LPG kit, don't go for any local vendor, better get it done from some reputed firms. You can get more details from their website at Welcome to our website - Saban Autos.

BIJU
I've also heard that Saban LPG Convertion Centre, Cochin is one of the best guys@Kerala !
Old 30th July 2007, 12:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

LPG bunks in INDIA

I received tons of PMs for the LPG list across India. Heres the link which is updated:

Where to Fill?? List of Stations
Old 30th July 2007, 14:27   #138

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to go far santro automatic ,then LPG fitted .
Since santro AT CNG is not availiable in Blore as CNG is not available in Blore.
Could any body give me suggestions on this.
Old 30th July 2007, 14:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Lovoto LPG Kit in my 2005 WagonR from Feb this year.I am getting only 168KMS/24.5 lts of LPG.I used to go in teriffic stop & go traffic.Yesday i went out by filling 10lts of LPG and I got more than 98kms @ my tank was dried and car stopped.The problem is , I am not able to come for a conclusion about the KMS attained for a litre of LPG.
I was getting more than 13 KMS when i was using Petrol.I used only Normal Petrol.
People here says only 1km is dropped when using LPG instead of Petrol.But strangely i am getting only 6.8 KMS/lt of LPG.
I checked with the Workshop and they were wondering and reset the AirMixture and diaphragm and the spring.
As of now nothing is fruitful.
Please suggest some ways to increase the Mileage.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:20   #140
Senior - BHPian

aks, U need a proper tune-up.
Ur fuelling is too rich.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mail4ajo for giving usefull link.

Hi Moni123, Best way is search for used Santro AT car and fit LPG which has less risk compared to trying LPG on brand new AT car.

As per what I know people in bangalore reported 8kmpl to 11kmpl as FE on their Santro AT. so with LPG you can expect FE of 7 to 10kmpl on Santro AT. Highway use might fetch 3+ kmpl.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 30th July 2007, 18:18   #142
Senior - BHPian

Technically, we should be able to get 2kms less mileage on LPG than what you receive on petrol. I get 13kms on LPG as I get 15kms on Petrol. A lot of other factors influence the FE like air filter, plugs etc. I am yet to rectify the map on the LPG ECU. So just disconnected it for now.
Old 30th July 2007, 23:36   #143
BHPian

Lubrication ain't that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Simple. The drier the gas,the higher the friction which translates to premature engine head wear. Moreso, if the car is revved hard often!
Dear Nitrous as far as my limited knowledge about lubrication goes Petrol and LPG/CNG gas functions primarily as a fuel bomb and secondarily as a coolant for the inlet valves at the moment when the atomized fluid falls onto the valve. Well atomized fluids (gas is also a fluid) would not lubricate efficiently. The only thing that lubricates the engine is the oil and in the case of the valves head and seat it used to be lead and these days after the ban of lead tetra-ethyl the alternative constituent which is mixed in lieu of it. Originally Lead was for anti knock properties only but its side effect was lubrication.

Tetra-ethyl lead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bye and wear your seat belts

Last edited by drpullockaran : 30th July 2007 at 23:37.
Old 31st July 2007, 00:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

Yes,doctor.I accept ur points
But anyday, CNG is far far drier than petrol.So, is LPG too.This has to be accepted.
This is why products like 'Valve saver kit' is used to counter the valve wear&tear.
Flashlube India, Flashlube Products
Old 31st July 2007, 00:36   #145
Senior - BHPian

he he he ..the war of the fuels. LPG or CNG ? which one is less harmful ? I would say LPG, since i have tested & tried & used & abused it in my cars for at least 80k kms & did not find any irreparable engine or any other damage.
Old 31st July 2007, 10:45   #146
Senior - BHPian

How do we know if our car is running lean on LPG? Is there any method to check this apart from the FE we get?
Old 31st July 2007, 19:17   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hi all.
After installing lambda control and changing a leaking lpg solenoid managed to check the run last week since n1ot much of driving nowadays. she has run 562kms on tank full(48lts) to almost empty(heavy pickup drop when pushing the accelerator. (40% use with ac) i didnt want it to go empty fully due lean mixture may cause detonation) refill took in 50lts. mileage is 10+ and i am happy with it
Old 31st July 2007, 20:29   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo
How do we know if our car is running lean on LPG? Is there any method to check this apart from the FE we get?
I know of this AFR(Air-Fuel Ratio) gizmo whose sensor is put it into the exhaust and is continuously monitored to adapt the fuel map to the conditions.This is for tuning modded petrol cars.
Sideways has a wide-band AFR guage ($600) which is coupled with the SAFC to alter the fuel map and let the engine run at optimum AFR.
I remember Ksethuram telling me that someone used the regular narrow-band AFR guage in the LPG car and it was always bouncing from lean to rich and back and that the pointer was never steady and could never tuned to that perfect optimum level.
But, this is hearsay.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:58   #149
Senior - BHPian

Will a PUC equipment help to understand if the mixture is lean? I see some LPG tuners always a PUC type machine to tune. Dont know how far it helps.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:46   #150
yuv
BHPian

Hello All,

Im getting a BRC LPG kit, closed loop, 60ltr tank.... for 30k.

Please advice if the price is right or the fair price in your opinion.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks