Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2005, 10:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
55rs/lit

when? where? how?

besides one question for LPG kit

where do you put your spare tyre? since i assume the tank will be fixed in boot & even for a sedan it will take half space! will be a real pain taking spare tyre when needed

what about its practicality
thetank is fixed onto clamps which is about three inches above the stepney in the boot facilitating easy removal of the tyre ... Its practical ....
at the end of the day your car is environment friendly and you end up saving 50% economically
Old 26th July 2005, 16:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
I have a friend who is the FIRST PERSON TO GET permission from AP GOVT .. to start these LPG kit conversions centres .. he is one of the pioneers in Gas conversions ( Home gas cylinder kits ) and in Legal LPG Auto Kits .... if you want all your doubts clarified , you can meet up with him and clarify your doubts and then if you are convinced, then you can get your car converted at his workshop only ...
you can contact me whenver you can ...
Hi,

I am from Hyderabad and am planning to go for a new Baleno in the next few weeks (Thanks to the scores of advices/comments on this site about Baleno).

I would like to get the new car fitted with an LPG kit. Can you please let me know the contact details of the person you were referring to in your earlier post? Also, would like to know how this impacts the warranty?

Cheers,
Old 26th July 2005, 19:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalluri
I am from Hyderabad and am planning to go for a new Baleno in the next few weeks
New?? Make sure it wont affect your warranty. Or ask the dealer if they will fit the kit for you.
Old 26th July 2005, 23:12   #19
BHPian

I think they wouldn't give U a Baleno fitted with LPG and if they do.... they wouldn't give U the warranty... I don't know what they told U by now but I think this's what they might have said.... and more over they might've also given U a reason for why they are not doing it. So, lets know what they said.
Old 27th July 2005, 00:18   #20

I got lpg fitted in my cielo .... the performance drops... plus the car feels as if it has been sucked all its breath !!! ....

besides, my car started giving me problems only after i fitted it with lpg....

not to mention the smell in the mornings.... the smell goes once the car has been used for a few kms.....

finally i threw the cylinder out... now its runnin on petrol... but still its not the same car it used to be....

my experiance with lpg has been extremely bad....

i suggest ppl. to avoid it..... buy a disel car instead.... or get CNG
Old 27th July 2005, 21:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_you
I got lpg fitted in my cielo .... the performance drops... plus the car feels as if it has been sucked all its breath !!! ....

besides, my car started giving me problems only after i fitted it with lpg....

not to mention the smell in the mornings.... the smell goes once the car has been used for a few kms.....

finally i threw the cylinder out... now its runnin on petrol... but still its not the same car it used to be....

my experiance with lpg has been extremely bad....

i suggest ppl. to avoid it..... buy a disel car instead.... or get CNG
YOU HAD BAD EXPERIENCE .... YOU HAD BEEN CHEATED ...
SO WHY DO YOU BLAME THE TECHNOLOGY ...
your LPG kit might been cheap and substandard ... it might have been fitted wrongly and the mechanic who fitted it must not have known what he was doing ...
i am running on LPG for last two years and i have absolutely no bad experience with it .... Its future .. It is environment friendly fuel ...
Old 27th July 2005, 21:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalluri
Hi,

I am from Hyderabad and am planning to go for a new Baleno in the next few weeks (Thanks to the scores of advices/comments on this site about Baleno).

I would like to get the new car fitted with an LPG kit. Can you please let me know the contact details of the person you were referring to in your earlier post? Also, would like to know how this impacts the warranty?

Cheers,
I think warranty is not null and void if you fit an LPG kit in your new car ...
atleast Mithra and Varun do not do that ... Even KUN OPEL does not do that ... they give your warranty as per the deal ...
Old 27th July 2005, 22:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

What is a good brand? Heard of something called Lovato or somethign like that.
Old 29th July 2005, 01:14   #24
BHPian

OMVL is the best as people say it and it has the most number of lpg kits fitted world over... it also has guiness record for that.... As far as I know... it all depends on the knowledge of the guy who fits U the LPG unit and ur constant care as per his guidance which matter the most.
Old 29th July 2005, 01:29   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
I think warranty is not null and void if you fit an LPG kit in your new car ...
atleast Mithra and Varun do not do that ... Even KUN OPEL does not do that ... they give your warranty as per the deal ...
Hi Haryan,

Did you want to say warranty is null and void if I get it fitted with an LPG kit? Or, is it not? I was confused, ur statement above appears contradictory.

Cheers.
Old 29th July 2005, 14:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
New?? Make sure it wont affect your warranty. Or ask the dealer if they will fit the kit for you.
It would definitely nullify the warranty of the new vehicle. I suggest that it is better to wait for a year and let warranty get over before converting it to LPG.
Old 12th August 2005, 10:43   #27

LPG fitters in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
Has anyone tried LPG conversions in Bangalore? What does it cost and would anyone give me the details of authorized folks in Bangalore?
I know 2

Fast Cars - Palace Road (Next to Atria hotel)

Autogas - Frazer town

Cost - 19500 kit
+ around 1000 RTO registration
+ 4% of the kit value for Insurance

Last edited by Mock : 12th August 2005 at 10:47.
Old 12th August 2005, 11:07   #28

How does one post a NEW THREAD on this site ???? !!! #### @@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mock
I know 2

Autogas - Frazer town

Cost - 19500 kit
Old 12th August 2005, 11:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I know 2

Autogas - Frazer town

Cost - 19500 kit
Thanx Mock
Regarding the RTO registration and the 4% insurance ...
1. will the RTO will stamp the registration copy with information like LPG or something?
2. will I have to change my insurance totally? or will this be an add-on to the existing insurance

Quote:
How does one post a NEW THREAD on this site ???? !!! #### @@
you will have to go through the "Announcements" Section about restrictions to the users posting or creating a new thread.

Last edited by satan_crazy : 12th August 2005 at 11:35.
Old 10th September 2005, 02:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Well you are asked to start your car on petrol and then move on to LPG. As for the MPFI car's please remember the ECU continues pulsing the Injectors without any fuel being supplied to them and yes this could damage the injectors.

However let us get this straight you either run on LPG or on Petrol the engine continues to perform its task. You do harm the additional items fitted to the engine but the engine continues to run. The petrol mode is an option for you to get back home in case of an issues or running outta gas...
But when you perform a gas conversion, don't they do something to the ECU or add another one to bypass the main ECU when engine is running on gas, or something like that ? I mean, it sounds ridiculous that the fuel injectors keep working.

also what other additional engine components do you harm by an LPG/CNG conversion ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks