Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 23:13   #121
BHPian

Do not be taken for a ride.

I had the LPG verification by the RTO at Cochin and the total cost worked out to Rs100 for verification.
I had to go there two times and the first time had to be in queue for about 25minutes but saved 900Rupees three years ago because thats what the tout was asking for saving me the pain of standing 25 minutes in queue.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 27th July 2007, 00:48   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I had the LPG verification by the RTO at
What is covered in this verification? How is it done?
Old 27th July 2007, 10:32   #123

whether automatic cars does fit good for LPG
Old 27th July 2007, 11:40   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moni
whether automatic cars does fit good for LPG
Logically, there shouldn't be a difference.
Old 28th July 2007, 07:32   #125
vinfriend

Has anybody have experience with Longas kit for Maruti 800 to share here? Which one is good for Maruti 800 STD 2001 Carb model ie. Zavoli, Lovoto or Longas? Is there any chances of serious problems of Engine/Pickup running 796cc,37bhp M800 2001 model on LPG? plz advise.

Old 28th July 2007, 11:06   #126
BHPian

I have fitted with Longas-Italy kit around 3months back by Saban LPG Convertion Centre, Cochin. Mine is MPFI model Maruti 800 - 2006 model car. I am fully satisfied with their installation and the service they are giving. They are having very good technicians for proper tuninig.

The total cost for all these they charged me Rs. 20,000 for the torrodial tank and I am getting 16 Kms/ litre of LPG. After 1000 Kms they had done a Air filter cleaning also.

According to me if you are planning to install LPG kit, don't go for any local vendor, better get it done from some reputed firms. You can get more details from their website at Welcome to our website - Saban Autos.

BIJU
Old 28th July 2007, 14:09   #127
BHPian

Help !!!

Has anyone converted an Ikon 1.6 to LPG ? I was trying to get it converted to CNG but the dealer told me that there is a loss of power on CNG due to which the ECM goes into the "Limp" mode. I was earlier thinking of converting on to CNG but am thoroughly confused now.

Mails to Ford India result in standard replies that Ford does not recommend this - a big no- no from them.

Any help guys?
Old 28th July 2007, 14:31   #128
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, it is not a very successful operation, i don't know why, maybe nitrous can explain.
Old 28th July 2007, 14:52   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoin
Has anyone converted an Ikon 1.6 to LPG ? I was trying to get it converted to CNG but the dealer told me that there is a loss of power on CNG due to which the ECM goes into the "Limp" mode. I was earlier thinking of converting on to CNG but am thoroughly confused now.
From what i gather, Ford engines aren't LPG/CNG friendly.
And all who've converted their Fords to LPG/CNG have had major engine problems and the tuners accept that too. Nobody knows why.
And so, im running my Ford ikon on Petrol.
Old 28th July 2007, 15:19   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine Noise with LPG usage - M800

Car is a M800, carb version. Auto-LPG kit installed recently.

My cousin says that at speeds above 70-80, there is a noise that comes in waves - like the engine speed increasing, then decreasing, and then increasing again. When he switches to petrol, this reduces to a large extent. On switching back to LPG after this, the noise continues at a reduced level, like with petrol.

Any ideas ?
Old 28th July 2007, 21:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends in Kerala wants to remove the LPG kit from his 2004 Santro and sell the car to his uncle who doesnt run too much and doesnt have a LPG bunk nearby.

My question is whether we can remove LPG endorsement and transfer ownership? He plans to go for a Diesel Logan shortly. Please let me know expert feedback.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:45   #132
BHPian

hello guys heard from my friends that the fluctuatio in fe is far more when we travel at speeds in excess of 80. Is this true???
Old 28th July 2007, 23:49   #133
BHPian

Why not let the Kit remain just disable the connections, or remove it- Ideally if the ownership changes to Uncle, The RC will need to be changed for the New owner so it will become easier to remove the LPG Endorsement.
Old 29th July 2007, 00:06   #134
BHPian

At the RTO office they ask you to fill up a form and pay Rs 100 then later in the day they ask you to come for inspection of the LPG kit usually at about 4pm by the Assistant RTO officer who verifies that all is well with the safety valve of the kit and that the LPG tank is in sound condition and approved by the government of India. Total cost for a new Registration plastic certificate with the kit being endorsed in the certificate is only Rs 100; at least its so in Cochin RTO.

And its true that the FORD ECU and engine do not take kindly to conversion to gas. All other engines manufactured in India for less than13lakhs accepts LPG well. I am not sure about CNG though as I hear its a far drier gas( I do not know what that means"the gas being drier should keep the oil cleaner")

Bye and wear your seat belts
Old 29th July 2007, 02:43   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
I am not sure about CNG though as I hear its a far drier gas( I do not know what that means"the gas being drier should keep the oil cleaner")
Simple. The drier the gas,the higher the friction which translates to premature engine head wear. Moreso, if the car is revved hard often!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks