Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:07   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
But as many of them in this forum pointed out low mileage, is it a risk to switch over to LPG.
No risk about mileage. Like always said earlier, the kit has to be properly installed and serviced. I was getting decent mileage earlier. I thought I will save the CAT with the closed loop. The ECU is not perfectly mapped, hence lower mileage.
I am running without ECU currently and mileage is as before. Will have to rectify ECU map.
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:52   #107
BHPian

LPG Indicator

I am having some doubt regarding the LPG Indicator.

I am getting a mileage of average 16 Km per liter of Gas on my M800 MPFI 1996 model car.

On running, the indicator light varies from High End to Low End. Though I have fully loaded my tank, on running the red light sometime glows for 10 seconds or so and after change that to normal mode.

On normal mode also it sometime varies from 1 to 4.

Can I get some suggestions with regard to this.

Last edited by biju : 23rd July 2007 at 16:59.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju
M800 MPFI 1996 model car
How come???
MPFI came after 2000 only.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
How come???
MPFI came after 2000 only.
I dont think its 1996 biju. Please recheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju View Post
I am having some doubt regarding the LPG Indicator.
Dont worry about the indicator. Its bound to be wrong most times as the indicator fixed will be of low quality. Maybe the float in the tank may have a problem. Check FE on the tank full to empty method.
Old 23rd July 2007, 21:31   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo
Maybe the float in the tank may have a problem
Ajo, Isn't the contents of the LPG tank measured by pressure??
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:08   #111
BHPian

Lpg is liquid in the tank.

Dear Nitrous,
The measure is done by the float method just like in petrol as LPG is liquid whilst in the tank. The dispensation from the pump too is in liquid state at high pressure and is measured in liters.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for answering,doctor!
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

Best method to check FE in LPG is to empty your tank & fill in 10 ltrs or 20 ltrs LPG & run it till the LPG is totally empty & your car stalls, not the best of situations, but this is the right way to get the right FE. My car returns 9 Kmpl in start stop city driving with more emphatic driving in 2nd gear, i guess it should return better FE with a little careful driving.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:02   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
My car returns 9 Kmpl in start stop city driving with more emphatic driving in 2nd gear, i guess it should return better FE with a little careful driving.
What does it deliver on petrol? Isnt 9kms on LPG, a bit on the lower side?
Old 24th July 2007, 00:03   #115
Senior - BHPian

On petrol it gives me just 6kmpl, so i guess i just cannot relate that to LPG. I have a problem with my carb which needs to be looked into.

But I am happy with 9kmpl on lpg with the required power & some spirited driving, just what i want.
Old 24th July 2007, 10:36   #116
BHPian

Sorry Nitrous..

It's 2006 model ..not 1996 model..What a big mistake..he.hee.hee..

Sorry.!!
Old 24th July 2007, 10:59   #117
BHPian

Regarding the filling of LPG.

Mine is Corrodial tank having capacity of 35 Ltrs. Normally I fill about 28 Ltrs.

Whether it will auto cut-off if you not set the capacity ?

Once I tried to fill it full tank. When it reached arount 30 litres a sound came from the filling pump "Errrr..rrr" but still it continued till 33 liters and I have to inform the person at the petrol pump to cut off. By the time it has filled almost 34 litres of LPG.

What are the consequences of having that much LPG on car.? What are the precautions that I have to take care if the same thing happened.?

Thank you for all your previous advices

BIJU
Old 24th July 2007, 13:18   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once I tried to fill it full tank. When it reached arount 30 litres a sound came from the filling pump "Errrr..rrr" but still it continued till 33 liters and I have to inform the person at the petrol pump to cut off. By the time it has filled almost 34 litres of LPG.
Biju, you have been misled. Next time, just ask for 28 litres and not full tank. The torodial tank's safety capacity is 28L. Although it may be able to fill more, just fill 28L.
Old 24th July 2007, 13:34   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the filling of LPG.

Mine is Corrodial tank having capacity of 35 Ltrs. Normally I fill about 28 Ltrs.

Whether it will auto cut-off if you not set the capacity ?

What are the consequences of having that much LPG on car.? What are the precautions that I have to take care if the same thing happened.?

Thank you for all your previous advices

BIJU
I think you have been taken for a ride. after the initial cut off, the drrrrrr sound comes for another 100-200 ml only, if it has continued, that means your bunk wallah was simply making the sound & not filling anything. Like ajo said, fill only 20 or 25 ltrs at a time.
Old 25th July 2007, 18:24   #120
BANNED

about LOVOTO from their dealer...feedback appreciated

since there are views "against" LOVOTO i enquired about lovoto in their ANNA NAGAR dealership ,Chennai. the technician says( was ready to explain)

Lovoto is very easy to maintain even roadside mechanic can also adjust in case of NEED.
BRC cannot be done like this and he says BRC is good as long as there is no issues cropping up BUT if get any issues it is not easy to attend and also difficult to open the vapourizer and do tweaking LIKE lovoto ( because in lovoto the vaporizer can be easily fixed.) he showed how lovoto vapourizer is built.
reg zavoli LPG ..it is really good and sort of better than BRC but it needs an expert attention to INSTALL and cannot be tweaked/tuned buy other guys as even for simple tuning one has to adjust 3 things which are inter related. spareparts are also not easily available unlike LOVOTO .

When i told him there are complaint reg lovoto he said there is ONE ISSUE in lovoto which is accumulation of OIL in the vapourizer ..but this can be easily dried/removed in just few minutes. only thing is the customer after filling LPG about say 5-10 times in their cylinder HAS to dry/remove this OIL so that LOVOTO will run trouble free..it has to be maintained so that it will be really good & he said santro would get 10 KM per litre (LPG) in city and can expect 12-13 in highway driving.

By the way their pricing for santro MPFI is 16000 for cylinder type and 17000 for toroidal type 35 litre ( add 1500 for RTO Endorsement.)
  • any view/counter view are much appreciated .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks