Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2007, 20:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
U cant have ur cake and eat it too!
Since urs is a MPFI car and is no longer under warranty(post LPG),id suggest the Ractive conical.I'll try to arrange the piping.IF not,u'll have to get the K&N stock replacement.
Jaggu, I disagree.
K&N filters have proven to work efficiently even with 1.8" thickness of dust on it.It filters upto 2 micron size dust particles whereas the regular ones do 7 microns.
I've been using the Ractive filter(dry type) in my car for over 25,000 kms now. It even got wet during the monsoon floods and still works fine.Though,It needs proper cleaning now with the K&N cleaning kit.

Yeah..nitrous went underwater with his ikon and emerged..WOW

I still wonder how he managed it..
Old 16th July 2007, 20:15   #77
BHPian

so guys reading this i would like to convert my baleno to lpg. Whats the best kit i should opt for? also wahts the mileage yu are getting with petrol and lpg in similar conditions? Please reply as im planning to sell my baleno dude for a diesel or should i stick with baleno and convert to lpg?
Old 16th July 2007, 21:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Please reply as im planning to sell my baleno dude for a diesel or should i stick with baleno and convert to lpg?
If you can afford a diesel, opt for it. Unless LPG is properly installed and serviced, its difficult to maintain. A diesel will give almost similar running cost as compared to LPG.
Old 16th July 2007, 22:08   #79
BHPian

Thanx mail4ajo whats the price for airfilter in baleno as we have to replace it every 5000 kms also what are the other regular charges for lpg service??
Old 16th July 2007, 22:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

Prem, U dont need to replace ur air filter every 5000 kms.
Cleaning it every 1000 kms and replacing every 10,000 kms is more than enough.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
so guys reading this i would like to convert my baleno to lpg. Whats the best kit i should opt for? also wahts the mileage yu are getting with petrol and lpg in similar conditions? Please reply as im planning to sell my baleno dude for a diesel or should i stick with baleno and convert to lpg?
You have a year old baleno & want to sell it ??? let's hear from the BBC(Bangalore Baleno Club) Boys now.
Old 20th July 2007, 10:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

I may revert to the open loop system from the current closed one. I have not been getting consistent FE on LPG. Had dropped to 8kms which pushes my running cost to same as petrol.

I disconnected the ECU and I am getting the old FE of 13kms. Actually the car was smooth and had better pickup with the ECU.

I seriously feel the ECU that my installer had fixed is not specific to my car. He says its an Universal ECU. I doubt because some map had to be in the ECU to instruct stepper motor to pull gas according to load conditions. That map cannot be same for all cars. Will keep you updated.
Old 20th July 2007, 17:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Ajo, ur map must be super-rich.
Old 20th July 2007, 17:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Ajo, ur map must be super-rich.
Thats right. This ECU may be for a bigger car. I was searching for LPG maps. Any idea if someone makes them?
Old 20th July 2007, 17:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Closed loop is still an infant in India,Ajo.
Give off the stupid Rohan ECU and get back ur money.
Lets see what Miraauto has to say for this.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

mail4ajo, hope you have programmed the ecu after installation. there are three lights on the ecu which i have. the paper which came with my kit ( which the technician openned and threw it away in gutter, i picked an old print lying around and pocketed it) gives the procedure to make the ecu learn the car and driving pattern. ecu can loose its programme and then you will have to redo in situations where the battery can remain disconnected for long during service. here is my paper for your reference
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...dloop_0001.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...dloop_0002.jpg
Old 20th July 2007, 19:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
mail4ajo, hope you have programmed the ecu after installation.
Gigy, so is this ECU a self learning one? Is it universal? How is your unit performing? I need to check this up. And the ECU is not from BRC. Some other importer. Will see if this works, else will ask for a refund.
Old 21st July 2007, 09:10   #88
Senior - BHPian

Mail4ajo,
This is universal one and self learning. while my car was at his shop he was also installing lpg in a accord , was using the same ecu there also.
those leds are not visible when off, the body of ecu is kind of semi transparent. planning to take them out and install on dashboard so thet i can know whats happening, technically this must be inside the cabin.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Miraauto,

Any comments on this....pls do reply. We are expecting some expert comment on this. (As you had suggested me to go for an LPG if I buy SX4 in one of my thread). The petrol cost is going up around Rs.3~3.5 (in Bangalore) may be from next month as the crude oil has reached $75/barrel y'day in international market. We can expect the fuel price rise any time after this presendential polls is settled. The govt has also said the same.
Old 21st July 2007, 12:54   #90
BHPian

If you do buy an SX4 , You can kiss Maruti Warranty Bye Bye...Dealer Warranty will be your only option. Look at a second hand car decently maintained and then go for the LPG kit, from a Authorised Fittment Center and Legally endorse it on the RC and Insurance to prevent Future Complications..!

Petrol prices will always go upswing, LPG will follow the trend as its prices are dependent on Crude Price on the International Market.

Ajo, I suggest You try the Reset method and also get the Air- filter and throttle cleaned up. This will improve pick-up and FE, It works in my case though for CNG.

I have noticed that My XETA before the new Lamda system was having mileage of 15 or so +- but usually was consistent with 15 After the new fittment I get 16.65,ocassionally I do manage to get 18.18-20.30 also- So as a Buffer I keep 16.65 as my base figure anything below that needs to get checked up. ( All Figures in KM/Per KG , 100 % AC , 45-70 KMph-Below 2000 RPM)

I understand, You had got new plugs, Check the condition and Gap also..Maybe it is effecting too.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 21st July 2007 at 12:58.

Most Viewed